Dr. Feller (NY) Reputation and Results?

Bdm1975

I too am not a fan of Feller's public persona personally. I think there are superior strip surgeons out there and much superior FUE surgeons out there. Since you are set on FUE, you would have to look into Belgium(Feriduni, Bisanga, Mwamba), Turkey(Hakan, Erdogan) or UK(Lorenzo) as these guys are at the top of the FUE game and constantly provide consistent and quality FUE results. I can't even remember the last Feller posted FUE result. I have not been impressed with True and Dorin's FUE results. Wesley has some nice FUE results but very rare in quantity, not enough to recommend.

If time and or cost is not an issue (and I know that's a big IF), Spanker is telling you bluntly, don't consider FUE in NY. So are several other posters on here because these NY physicians (based on what the posters have reported) have developed their FUT skills more so than their FUE skills. I can say I consulted with a coalition doctor who made it very clear that his FUE results were not as good as his FUT results; that being said, his FUT results are excellent - above all, however, I very much appreciated his honesty.

Does anyone know if Dr. Lorenzo is going to continue to perform FUE in Spain as well as London? And would the price be the same in both locations?

Spanker....why didn't you mention Belgium? Just curious.... :)

Yes, I would add Belgium in there as well.

Right now, however, if I were going to travel from the US, personally to get FUE, and I were rich and I wanted FUE, I would see Dr. Lorenzo. If I weren't rich, I would go to Turkey. If I lived in Europe, I would go to Belgium, but if I was already going to fly overseas, I would see Lorenzo or Doganay, based on whatever financial camp I was in (I'm NOT rich btw). If I were in North America and staying on the continent, I would go to SMG or Rahal for FUE, and it would depend on my needs, age, pattern, etc, when choosing between those.

There was a time when Feller was the TOP fue guy, several years ago. There has been many advancements in the size of procedures and there are a handful of docs that are getting strip level yields, and I agree with those who say that he just prefers not to do it. I think that is why he prices himself so high, to make it worth it to him personally. He may just prefer the artistry and skill of placement, which is very important, and in fact, the most important part of transplantation. I have a small side business and I do this as well. If a customer calls me with something that I really don't like doing, I price it high enough that they will look elsewhere, or they hire me, and its worth it to me at the price I quoted them. This is just my personal speculation and really isn't worth the price of a cup of coffee.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

There was a time when Feller was the TOP fue guy, several years ago. There has been many advancements in the size of procedures and there are a handful of docs that are getting strip level yields, and I agree with those who say that he just prefers not to do it. I think that is why he prices himself so high, to make it worth it to him personally. He may just prefer the artistry and skill of placement, which is very important, and in fact, the most important part of transplantation. I have a small side business and I do this as well. If a customer calls me with something that I really don't like doing, I price it high enough that they will look elsewhere, or they hire me, and its worth it to me at the price I quoted them. This is just my personal speculation and really isn't worth the price of a cup of coffee.

Could not agree more.

I've started researching Dr. True, & Dr. Dorin. Any info on those 2 doctors? The results on their website as far as the hairline and quality of work look great. Not sure about the FUE procedure though although I have seen some of their surgeries usin the FUE process but not many.

Look BDM. Many users have chimed in with similar suggestions, but you are not willing to listen to them. If you are going to have your FUE done in New York, be prepared to have another one directly after because you're just not going to get satisfactory results like you will elsewhere.

I don't want to sound mean, but it's the truth. You need to do a lot more research before you get a hair transplant, or you're going to be highly disappointed with your results.

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily