1000 graphs yesterday by dr diep

dee78

hello members,

after a lot of research i decided to go with dr diep in los gatos. I had receding hair line, not much of baldness. Entire process was over 9 hours. They started around 0800 and i didn't leave the office till 6pm. I'll post some pics tomorrow. I went back today to get my hair washed. I have no pain currently but do feel lot of pressure around my head, as if i have a helmet on. Dr want me to start taking procpecia. I am bit worried about the side effects. I am getting married in December...Please help and let me know if i will see any side effects by taking it for 4 month.

thank you in advance!

Yes, if you are 28 or 29 and had a transplant already, you should get on finasteride, definitely, IMO. Most people do not have side effects, except for keeping your hair longer.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Yes, if you are 28 or 29 and had a transplant already, you should get on finasteride, definitely, IMO. Most people do not have side effects, except for keeping your hair longer.

I am 29, just concerned with all of the sexual side effect people are listing, specially me getting married in December. i am only thinking of taking it for 2-3 months. finasteride is same as propecia right.

thank you!

Welcome and congratulations! Dr. Diep's work is impeccable.

I agree that you should at least give finasteride a go. Side effects are rare and in the vast majority of cases will subside upon discontinuation of the drug.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Finasteride is same as propecia right.

That is essentially correct. Finasteride is the active ingredient (medicine) in Propecia. Propecia is a pill that is branded/manufactured by the pharma industry, and is measured with 1 mg of Finasteride (the daily recommended dose to combat hair loss). I believe Propecia is manufactured by Merck if memory serves correctly?!

Finasteride is the ingredient in the drug that helps to block the DHT that miniaturizes the follicle, and ultimately leads to the permanent loss of your hair. So whether you take the branded form (Propecia) or the active ingredient Finasteride (generic; in the same 1 mg dose), you are essentially achieving the same benefits of the drug.

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

And I agree with David!! You should try Finasteride out. You will most likely be pleasantly surprised to find that you aren't one of the few whom experience any side-effects, whatsoever. However if you do find you are negatively affected by the drug, you can discontinue use altogether......and should still be back to normal in time for your honeymoon! ;)

Congrats on your upcoming wedding by the way! That's something to celebrate! Best to you both! :cool:

Mike

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

David and Mike, you guys are rock stars! truly made my morning. I shed few tears yesterday and was mad to why i chose this route to get the transplant. I have to look pass that and move on. Worst part was when i started seeing how many people on internet have issues with propecia. it really got to me. I am going to pick up my prescription today and will stick to 1mg a day. I'll take it for two months. I am very healthy and have a strong diet and workout regime. once again thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

No swear buddy! Glad you're feeling better about things. Let us know how the Propecia is working out for you your first month in!!

Just to chime in, Dr Diep does great work. I am overall impressed with the results that he puts out on a routine basis. Happy growing!

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

finally, i got finasteride1mg from costco. will start on it tonight. Should i stick to same time during the day when taking this or it could vary? Any thoughts on that

I try to maintain consistency with my dosage times.....it's always a good idea!! It's not the end of the World if not, but I set an alarm on my phone to remind me every night!! Keeps me on track......

• 4 months later...

I've noticed nobody really asks this but what was the cost of your grafts? I've already booked a consultation with dr diep in two weeks. I really cant pay eight dollars a graft so that's why I ask. oh and if it helps I took propecia for a full year and had no sexual side effects but it didn't really help my hair loss so I just stopped taking it.