Donor Area - FUT - 2 Months Post-Op

Hi,

I have attached 3 pictures of my donor area. I am 2 months post-op. It still looks pretty mean. It's red and wide. I just wanted to post this to see if anything looks out of norm for being 2 months post-op.

SAM_0584.jpg.270bb4375be8e1c4fee0a1c9d18b6e5d.jpg

SAM_0582.jpg.7839942f515f8e0d590c3a54d85b5d57.jpg

SAM_0583.jpg.662426bb3627ed0ff77aaf52c4a66c8b.jpg

mean would be the correct word for it hahha,, it dosent look to bad but not to good, and its taken a little on the low side, who was your doc? check my profile im at 3 months now but i have pics of the scar at 2 months aswell

I got my HT in Tijuana. I went in knowing the risks and knowing that for the cheaper price I would be risking a bad outcome. I've had a good luck streak and went for it but came out of this not as pleased as I hoped. I'm not stressed over it and I plan to go to Shapiro next year to add more density to the hairline. I can already tell it's going to be thinner then desired. I don't know how this FUT scar is going to turn out but it's not going to be as thin as I would hope. There's a lot of shockloss under it which was more noticeable when my hair was longer. I hope that regrows later on. I won't address the scar for many years provided my grown hair covers it good. Eventually I'll see about an FUE into it or a diff. option.

I checked out your pictures. AMAZING! I could barely even tell there was a scar there and the only reason I could is because I was looking for it. Congrats!

u think mine is good? well thanks but its bothering me a little its kinda noticable, but it is still early,, anyway in the mean time after the 1 year and its healed you can look into smp for the scar, it will mask it, thats what i plan on doing because i think my scar is gonna be a problem, hows the front looking? any pics? how many grafts did you get? and why do you think its gonna be thinner than you wanted? also what did your doc use to close up your scar?

I hate to say it and I don't want to worry you but honestly it doesn't look good. If you search around in the patient results you can find some scar pics from people who are 2 months out for comparison.

• 1 year later...

@ pinkfloyd30

Been awhile but I'll take a shot.

How did this turn out ? I am very interested in the out come of any hair transplant surgery done by Dr Alessandrini at the Renovate Medical Center since there are very few documented online.

pinkfloyd30,

The scar definitely looks wide and do you know what method of closure was done? It appears that your closure was on the superficial side.

It's also possible that the strip was taken much too wide for the amount of laxity that you had at the time of the procedure. Just an observation.

It's a good thing that you will be seeing Dr. Shapiro because he will be able to evaluate it and give you some solid advice. It's also possible that he may be able to revise it before doing any more strip excisions or he may feel that only FUE would be an option.

Be careful with the SMP because you are very fair-skinned and sometimes SMP does not work well with wider scars and where there is a wide contrast with the complexion.

Also be careful as to not do any activity that can put tension on the scar such as sit-ups or weight lifting. The scar could become even wider since it is not completely healed.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY