7350 grafts (850 body hair) with Dr Villnow & Dr De Reys

This is an axing result. NW3's all over the world are jealous lol

NW 3???? He was a much higher NW case than 3. Looked 6 if I remember correctly.

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does Dr Villnow use manual or motorized punch?

The doc used both, a manual on the first day and motorised on the second for the body hair although a lot of the body hair extraction was done by the technicians. They defo used motorized punches which was good cos they got through the body hair day quicker. Doing the 850 body hair manual would've taken too long.

I think this is the first write up I've read fully in over a year. Really enjoyed the read and the photos, please keep us updated!

Btw what happens if your sides "drop" now you've exhausted donor?

Hey Tommy,

What do you mean by 'drop'? I'm not sure what you mean.

Cheers,

Will

hi william38

I am from England myself im considering these 2 clinic's in Europe can you please let me know the following question's

How much was bht per graft cost with dr villnow ?

What was the total you paid for this all hair transplant complete 7350 grafts including both doctor's cost in gbp?

by the way your result's look amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Edsarn,

No, there's no shock loss. If anything it all still looks really full right now, fuller than before the op.

I'm a bit further on than ten days as I'm writing this right now and there's definitely no shock loss. I'll put the photos up soon and Ill put one up of my chest next time too!

• 2 weeks later...
Great write up and thanks for the mention! I guess you noticed I occasionally point people to your results.

I've just been watching some Dr Villnow interviews on Youtube. I see he did Ted Danson in the late 90s!

1978Matt, thanks so much, it's a real honor to get a mention from you! I really like your advice on using Finasteride and Minoxidil too. I'm sure I read them here somewhere. Seriously, it's people like you who help al the rest of us out.

Yeah, Dr Villnow did Ted Danson and a few other folk like Juergen Klopp and Dick Advocaat ( not that that swayed me at all ;) )

I always wondered who did Ted Danson's HT as it looks really good. Nice write-up and documentation William! I am very curious to see how your BHT grows in. Looks like you have plenty of BH in the reserves, too. Good growing!

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Three week updates!

So it's three weeks after the operation now. I think most of the hairs on the top of the head have shed now so you can see the difference between now and straight after the op. Seeing all the hairs fall out is tough but I guess it's nice to at least see how it's gonna turn out. Still, hair kinda coming, then going then coming again is a little harsh when you're in the going phase!! Here's the phtos!

01%20Post%20Op%20Day%2021%20from%20right.JPG

02%20Post%20Op%20Day%2021%20from%20front.JPG

03%20Post%20Op%20Day%2021%20from%20left.JPG

04%20Post%20Op%20Day%2021%20from%20top.JPG

05%20Post%20Op%20Day%2021%20from%20rear.JPG

06%20Post%20Op%20Day%2021%20from%20top%20right.JPG

07%20Post%20Op%20Day%2021%20from%20top%20left.JPG

Got another one of the chest too!

08%20Post%20Op%20Day%2021%20chest.JPG

Looking good, with a buzz cut nobody will guess you are bald. Chest scars are pain in the ass, mine still not totally healed and its almost 2 months!!! Unlike scalp and beard where it heals in just weeks. So patience my man :-)

Check out my chest after 2 months...

20131009_065006.jpg.17dee7e9bf53f05036d9801f93893970.jpg

Edited by HARIRI

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Definitely a big change...artistic skill on the frontal hairline, specifically on the temples (receding area) should've been left more receding...and not so across...almost looks like a female frontal hairline. Hope patient is taking meds and won't need more surgeries in future. FUE can start to creat difused look in donor area if over harvested.

All the best!

• 3 weeks later...

Three month photos preview! And the rest of the one month photos tooo ;)

OK, I'm going to jump the order a little and drop a couple of photos I took today. This is at three months after the op:

Here's the first photo:

03%20Post%20Op%20Day%20118%20from%20left.JPG

Guess what? It's all growing already!!

09%20Post%20Op%20Day%20118%20from%20top%20right%20held%20back.JPG

On that second photo you can see that the transplanted hair is already starting to grow. Thats the new hairline that Dr Villnow put in.

And here's a sneak peak at that body hair on the crown...

05%20Post%20Op%20Day%20118%20from%20rear.JPG

GROWTH IS AWESOME! And it's only three months. Nothing grew till five months in the last two ops so this is looking great already!! Can't wait till the full twelve rolls by :)))))

OK! That's all you're gonna get :)

Here's the full set of one month photos :D

01%20Post%20Op%20Day%2028%20from%20right.JPG

02%20Post%20Op%20Day%2028%20from%20front.JPG

03%20Post%20Op%20Day%2028%20from%20left.JPG

04%20Post%20Op%20Day%2028%20from%20top.JPG

05%20Post%20Op%20Day%2028%20from%20rear.JPG

06%20Post%20Op%20Day%2028%20from%20top%20right.JPG

07%20Post%20Op%20Day%2028%20from%20top%20left.JPG

08%20Post%20Op%20Day%2028%20chest.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

The shaved down pics that show the De Rey's work look absolutely superb. Anyone considering a strip, sorry...eh.. FUT.. Should look at this because this IS the result a balding man needs IMO.

The Villnow hairline is OK too. I know it doesn't look as good to us guys who think u need a proper 90 degree temple corner, but u have to consider the front on aspect, and thanks to the Villnow temple, u will have something on the horizon of the temple that distracts e eye from UR beastly recession lol.

I know you were knocked out on the first day, but how did you feel about the techs doing your scalp extractions with rotary drills?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Scar5,

Yeah, no doubt Dr De Reys' work is superb like you say although with the hair line thing, I reckon that whole thing about the 90 degree corner that some really experienced and knowledgable posters talk about kind of looks like an old man's temples still.

Maybe it's some kind of HRN purists vision of how the temples should look but to be honest, I've never had so many girls check me out until after I got the Villnow hairline :)

MAybe it's not purist like you guys think but it sure does work! ;)