FUE Dr. Erkan Demirsoy 3033 Grafts (Turkey, Instanbul)

B-KW

Hey there B-KW, your transplant looks great. I was wondering, do you have any idea if Dr Demirsoy performs unshaven FUE operations as well?

Hey EvenSteven, i don't think Demirsoy performs unshaved FUE. You might want to ask his agent or call the clinic to make sure as there is a small chance that i might be wrong. Demirsoy does not use an implanter pen so my guess is that it would be hard to perform unshaved FUE without one. Closest thing i've seen to unshaven from Demirsoy was another forum member who opted to keep the hair long in non recepient/donor areas. Link to his thread below.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171410-2265-grafts-dr-demisroy-turkey.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Number47, in my last update pictures 1 and 4 the hair is almost twice as long. Pictures 2 and 3 were taken shortly after a haircut on the same day so yeah... i just like it this way for the time being but might experiment with shorter hair once the recepient area fills in a little more.

Dingdong, looking forward to seeing your pictures!

Dear B-KW, i hope that you are doing well, please tell me about your last situation and if you don't mind please share some photos, thank you... :)

Hello Panelist, sorry for the lack of updates this month. Been a little busy with job hunting and interviews. I will try to post my next set of pictures sometime around 25/26th of December which is when i will hit 6 months post op. I'm still noticing more growth/density every few weeks which is a good sign that i have more room for improvement.

Hello Panelist, sorry for the lack of updates this month. Been a little busy with job hunting and interviews. I will try to post my next set of pictures sometime around 25/26th of December which is when i will hit 6 months post op. I'm still noticing more growth/density every few weeks which is a good sign that i have more room for improvement.

I am very happy about your improvement and i hope i will be more happy for you in the coming days, i know how hard stiuations you have been through especially with your donor area, my situation is very similar as yours, so im looking forward to seeing your 6 months pictures. So can we say HT has compensated your expectations a little bit until now?

I am very happy about your improvement and i hope i will be more happy for you in the coming days, i know how hard stiuations you have been through especially with your donor area, my situation is very similar as yours, so im looking forward to seeing your 6 months pictures. So can we say HT has compensated your expectations a little bit until now?

Growth wise yes, Demirsoy delivered and i am very thankful for his help. By the looks of it i'd say 85% or more of the grafts transplanted have grown. But saying that Demirsoy pulled a miracle off and gave me full coverage with 3000 grafts would be a lie. My hair remains somewhat thin, not only due to lack of donor supply for the HT but also the hair follicles themselves being very weak and thin, most likely a result of low blood supply to the scalp from 10+ years of heavy smoking. Anyway, it feels great to have some hair now and everyone i know has given me nice compliments about my improvement. Will upload new pictures in about 2 weeks.

• 2 weeks later...
Growth wise yes, Demirsoy delivered and i am very thankful for his help. By the looks of it i'd say 85% or more of the grafts transplanted have grown. But saying that Demirsoy pulled a miracle off and gave me full coverage with 3000 grafts would be a lie. My hair remains somewhat thin, not only due to lack of donor supply for the HT but also the hair follicles themselves being very weak and thin, most likely a result of low blood supply to the scalp from 10+ years of heavy smoking. Anyway, it feels great to have some hair now and everyone i know has given me nice compliments about my improvement. Will upload new pictures in about 2 weeks.

Dear B-KW,

I hope that you are doing well,

I am looking forward to seeing your updated photos, i hope you will share with us with in this week.:)

Hey all, as promised here are my 6 month post op photos. I actually had these taken a few hours ago at a nearby studio just to give you guys a more honest result. Also please note that my hair is cut very short (3 guard) compared to my pre-op pictures. Since the hair is so short and spiked upwards naturally, it looks kinda thin from uptop but from normal frontal view i think it looks great and im really happy with the hairline. Oh and the donor does look alot thinner but if i were to grow hair out similar to pre-op i think it wouldnt look too bad. All in all i am happy with my result so far. Let me know what you guys think :)

1.jpg.044b924a0b30bd4da254e11f588aa10b.jpg

2.jpg.a6914dd3ca1233f13d70f87fac39780d.jpg

3.jpg.01ba26d95ff86eece925ad79b0561bd0.jpg

Thanks for sharing your long and difficult journey. You certainly deserve a great result for all your trouble. And with H & W I expect you will get it at last.

Please feel free to create your own Hair Loss Weblog on this community to document your progress in the coming months. You will notice that some who post on this forum have links in their signature to their own weblog.

Best wishes for a full and natural look at last.

(Link removed by moderator - See Terms of Service)

Edited by David - TakingThePlunge

Hey all, as promised here are my 6 month post op photos. I actually had these taken a few hours ago at a nearby studio just to give you guys a more honest result. Also please note that my hair is cut very short (3 guard) compared to my pre-op pictures. Since the hair is so short and spiked upwards naturally, it looks kinda thin from uptop but from normal frontal view i think it looks great and im really happy with the hairline. Oh and the donor does look alot thinner but if i were to grow hair out similar to pre-op i think it wouldnt look too bad. All in all i am happy with my result so far. Let me know what you guys think :)

Dear Dude, it is awesome so natural, i loved your hair and i think you have minimum 2000 greft reserve for the next hairtransplant. it will improve in the coming months but if not this situation is enough to be looking good :)

JimmyJohn i'm a little confused that you mentioned H & W, my procedure was done by Dr. Demirsoy but thank you for the kind words.

Panelist thank you for the compliment. I am quite happy with my hair for the time being. It looks much fuller under a natural setting, nothing like these pictures where lighting is very harsh. And like you said i still have a few more months for potential growth. Also, i am considering having a second procedure 2-3 years down the line. I might be able to squeeze out another 1-1.5k scalp donor grafts and combine that with some body hair to fill in the crown (which was left empty) and add more density to other areas.

JimmyJohn i'm a little confused that you mentioned H & W, my procedure was done by Dr. Demirsoy but thank you for the kind words.

Panelist thank you for the compliment. I am quite happy with my hair for the time being. It looks much fuller under a natural setting, nothing like these pictures where lighting is very harsh. And like you said i still have a few more months for potential growth. Also, i am considering having a second procedure 2-3 years down the line. I might be able to squeeze out another 1-1.5k scalp donor grafts and combine that with some body hair to fill in the crown (which was left empty) and add more density to other areas.

If you ask me, your hairline is perfect it is in the place where it should be, i think you should use other scalp grafts for the same place to fill up the area and use beard or body hair for the vertex area...:) Could you pls share what have you used till now? (minoxidil, biotin,finasterid, vitamins, etc.)

Biotin for the first 2 months. Stopped after i found out that i wasn't deficient. The pills are a waste of money unless you are deficient IMO. I get plenty of this stuff from all the dairy products in my diet.

Avodart 0.5mg daily for the past 6 months. Haven't seen much growth in the crown yet but will continue taking it either way just to limit further hairloss.

Minoxidil 5% on and off for the past 6 months. Only recently have i been applying it consistently twice daily. I wash it off before bed because it gives me eczema flare ups if it transfers from the pillow to my face.

Vit D 50k IU once every 1-2 weeks because i hate the sun :P

Hi,

Nice update! Your hairline is amazing - fits very well:)

I think, considering your limited preconditions, you got a great result and there is still some time for improvement...

Best,

Health Travels - Hair Transplants Turkey

Representative for Dr. Erkan Demirsoy

Nice change indeed! You really look different and change is subtle with taste. from the front I wouldn't say you had hairloss at all. From the top, of course, looks less density than full but the goal was to cover large area with small amount of grafts. Anyway, not because we had the same doctor, but for 6 months this looks awesome. I am hoping the same :)

Thank you Clemens and Cloudy. Trust me though, my hair is nowhere near as thin as it looks like in those pictures from uptop, i think the angle of the hairs standing straight + length + flash makes most of the hair almost invisible :o

Clemens, do you know if Dr. Demirsoy would consider doing body hair transplant in the future? I would be your first customer and test guinea pig if you like :D

More updates in the future, bye for now..

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you Clemens and Cloudy. Trust me though, my hair is nowhere near as thin as it looks like in those pictures from uptop, i think the angle of the hairs standing straight + length + flash makes most of the hair almost invisible :o

Clemens, do you know if Dr. Demirsoy would consider doing body hair transplant in the future? I would be your first customer and test guinea pig if you like :D

Yes, I am quite otimistic that he will start to transplant body hair in the future. :)

I will call you immediately... :D

Health Travels - Hair Transplants Turkey

Representative for Dr. Erkan Demirsoy

Hi dear B-KW, i hope you are doing well. Pls update us with your daily photos like outside or by the sunlight or at home:) i mean i wonder how it looks out of photo studio:)

Grainy picture taken outside work today, about 10 days shy of 7 months. Had to edit out all the incriminating evidence such as id card etc :P ill get some better ones taken soon.. sorry for the delayed response, been very busy lately...

workhair.jpg.8416aa877b7e9207d73f016c42a2b146.jpg

workhair2.jpg.2bd0545e44271a0f3632076153a17c9f.jpg

Grainy picture taken outside work today, about 10 days shy of 7 months. Had to edit out all the incriminating evidence such as id card etc :P ill get some better ones taken soon.. sorry for the delayed response, been very busy lately...

Thanks for your sharing, you are seen like a man who has very healthy hair and perfect hairline:) This is very serious improvement. At the beginnig of your HT journey, everything was against you but look at you now, you are an example of "if someone really wants his/her dream become true, it will really become true, we should follow our dreams without giving up! :)