Just an idea I posted in a thread a while back.

If one of the reasons that FUE yield is low is that the grafts stay out of the head too long before being placed, why doesn't a doctor use the "Magnum Method" (ha)

1. Extract 50-100 grafts

2. Place 50-100 grafts

3. Repeat until procedure is complete.

So simple. Why isn't this happening more?

Mickey85,

What do you think are some other possible solutions for the issue of less yield regarding FUE? Someone's got to figure it out. Would be so great if it were just as solid as FUT. There would be no looking back.

-Tired hands/Fatique

-Skill

-Transection due to lack of said skill

-Grafts being out of the body for too long

-Overhandling the already fragile(compared to strip) grafts upon insertion

-Tearing the protective tissue via excessive oscillation of motorized devices

-Excessive heat from motorized devices

-Tearing the bottom of the graft emanating from pulling the graft out carelessly via forceps

-Inability to properly feel/analyze the direction/angle and depth of the graft

-The actual holding solution

I don't have a clue, and I know less as I haven't kept up, but I know that the thing I used to hear a lot was that yield improves with strip because the grafts are protected by the fat around them.

I wondered if there was not a liquid or paste that mimics the insulating qualities this fat provides that could be used to cover the grafts before they are soaked in the saline or whatever it is that they are soaked in. Perhaps they could be 'dipped' immediately following extraction?

And here's another thing, and it may have already been discussed, but keeping in mind that FUE grafts have less fat, is the solution used to preserve them before implantation different from that used for strip grafts?