Where am I at?

Over the past few months, I've had massive amounts of trauma and stress--a very bad breakup. As a result of the breakup, for a time I wasn't eating, and then only a meal a day, and even now, only two meals a day--I lost about 14 lbs in a month's span. And prior to that for the past year I'd been using a lot of gel in my hair, almost daily. And I've been suffering from a severe Vitamin D deficiency and have taken supplements because of it. Every time I run my hands through my hair, I get 3-4 long hairs, with each run through; same thing goes for when I'm shampooing. I'm not sure if it's the start of true hairloss or simply because of the physical/psychological stress and the Vitamin issue.

I usually grow my hair very long on top--the front will reach my eyes or longer, slicked back. I got it cut very short for the first time in years on top compared to my norm. I've just noticed that to my hairline looks different.

Compare my hairline here at age 16:

9088879907_411692fb16_o.jpg

to two weeks ago before the haircut (it was very long on top):

9091098062_a39eba142d.jpg

to now:

9091095796_d870f9d9b9.jpg

What NW class am I at? What is it likely I will proceed to? I am a 22 turning 23 year old male.

I restate taco's proclamation.

nw 0, perfect head of hair #luckybastard

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

There is really not enough detail in your photos, especially the last one, to make an assessment. If you really want to know, shave your head to about a half inch and it will tell you a story. That said, at 23, I had zero loss, so hopefully, you still have a lot of life in left in front of you and the future is never certain.

You look to be a nw1 to me with no signs of loss based poor photos.

John Travolta was about your age when Grease came out. Look at his hair then and look at it now. There simply are just no certainties in hair. How far could you proceed to? A nw7. How likely is it? Not very given your family history and where you are right now. The next 10 years will tell a story. if you notice sure signs of thinning, get on finasteride. Until then, enjoy life. I would guess that even if you do lose some in the next decade, you won't lose enough to need surgery for a long time, and by then there will be more options to chose from.

Try not to sweat it.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Take some better pictures in better lighting. Your hairline will change as you get older Lookingtolearn regardless of balding.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Where are you? You are where I have never been and always dreamed of being. You have great hair!! And the fact that you are monitoring for loss you should have no problems. Watch you hair fall over the years, possibly even take pictures every few month to gauge any progression of loss, at first sign of loss give finasteride a shot. Chances are if you every need to treat your hairloss there will be much better treatments, or at very least less invasive treatments. Now let my punch you in the gut for having amazing hair :P