1763 FUE - Dr. Maras @ HDC Clinic, Cyprus

Dan5249

Background: My name is Dan, age 24. Hairline began receding around the age of 18 and continue to recede at a slow paste.

Been looking to get a hair transplant for about a year now. Have been shopping around to see which Dr. will be the best for me. Got a consultation from almost every well respected Dr. in the US and Europe. :D

History/Medication:Grandfathers on both sides have suffered from MPB, however, only at a later age (35+). My brother and father both have a full head of hair.

Took Propecia for 1 year, stopped about three months ago due to no results and strong sexual side effects. Never took Rogaine religiously. However, I am aware that after the transplant I will need to start taking it.

Hair: Norwood 2.5. Receding hairline and temples. No hair loss in crown or top of head.

Hair is thick and wavy, donor area is abundant.

Front (recipient): http://i.imgur.com/WHeQpPi.jpg

Back (donor): http://i.imgur.com/YIVZQFQ.jpg?1

Why I chose Dr. Maras: After doing much research, a lot of reading (especially on this forum,) I have found the Dr. Maras and the HDC clinic would be the best choice for anyone living in Europe/Middle East, who want to get premium results at a good price. Dr. Maras has posted many good results, a few of the best I have seen on the site are his work. And he makes some killer hairlines!

Travel:

I will be flying out tonight to Cyprus (the flight was paid by the clinic,) there I will be picked up and taken to one of HDC's apartments (which is across the street from the clinic.) I will not write anything further about the procedure at this point or after, and will update when I am there.

THE PROCEDURE

1763 grafts were taken from my donor via FUE over the course of two days and implanted into my frontal hairline (lowering it a bit and filling in the temples.) About half single hair grafts and the rest were variations off of 2/3

Will keep this updated with pictures on day of procedure, days following procedure, as well a monthly update of my progress.

Updates and pic from post op on pg2

Will accept any questions/comments or suggestions! Updates will come soon :)

Edited by Dan5249

I have seen some good results from Dr. Maras, good luck! I would advise you to be cautious how low you place your hairline. You are very young, have a lot of native hair and aren't planning on taking finasteride to prevent further loss. All of this could spell disaster in the future if you lose more hair and don't have the donor hair to keep up. Just make sure you plan for the future and not just the next couple years.

Dan,

Good luck! Dr. Maras is great, and I look forward to watching your case progress. Please let us know if you have any additional questions. Also, it would be great to see your "before" hairline without photoshop.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Dan,

Welcome to our community and congratulations on your upcoming hair transplant procedure with Dr. Maras. You will be in excellent hands.

It looks like you've really done your homework. I hope you'll come back after your procedure and share the details of your experience and surgical photos with us.

Best wishes,

Bill

Dan,

Congratulations! Dr. Maras regularly presents some very impressive results and I'm sure yours will be no exception.

Please keep us posted as you continue along your hair restoration journey.

Edited by David - Moderator

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I think it would be a mistake to drop the front portion of your hairline in the long run.

Edited by Spanker

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Good luck Dan.

I would keep your hairline no lower than its lowest point currently. That will look good in all ages.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Hey thanks for all the replies. Quick update:

I arrived in Cyprus today and was taken straight to my apartment which is conveniently next door tot the clinic. Went to the clinic had some pictures taken. A hairline was designed and later amended a few times. After discussing all the options and based on my personal stats we decided to drop the hairline, but just a bit.

1100 grafts were put in today to define the hairline and fill in the left temple. Tomorrow I will have the final 500-700 grafts put in behind the hairline. I will also post better pictures tomorrow.

GOaChPZ.jpg

Edited by Dan5249

good luck, but 500 just doesnt seem near enough to adequatley cover the area left.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I would disagree as it took 300 grafts to fill in the other side. It's hard to see but I have some native hair there that they shaved off. Either way I was told between 500-700 grafts, so maybe it will end up being 700, I will update you guys. Should be done within 4 hours tomorrow...

Edited by Dan5249

Just got out from the 2nd day of my procedure. It's been quiet a long day for me, but I'm finally done!

Total 1736 grafts distributed in single hairs in front and 2/3 hair grafts behind. They went a bit into my native hair to get a good blend (a bit hard to see because they shaved a bit in the recipient(

Picture time! Some are mine and some they sent me so sorry for various quality

Preop

ulrTwjf.jpg

Immediately post op:

ygbWYV0.jpg

wfbvHnN.jpg

zBxZDZ7.jpg

1 day post op:

wBo0pKi.jpg

DaHryyu.jpg

The yellow is where I had an injury preop.

Obviously I can't say anything at this point about the results but I would like to say a few things about my e pertinence so far.

The staff at HDC are amazing and kind, they have made sure I was comfortable in every aspect during my stay here and went above and beyond to me me happy. I really feel like the service I got until now cannot get any better... I guess in the end of the day the results will speak but I was important for me to point this out. More updates at 1 week!

Edited by Dan5249

4 Day post op:

(Not black on forehead is a bruise from post op and I was told would not affect growth)

Also, you can see that on the focused area (center hairline) there is a bit lower density which I was told was due to me still having some native hair there. The sides are much more dense though, thoughts?

Overall I'm happy with the healing

9dqje6e.jpg

7MeQ8Na.jpg

Looks like it will be great! Congratulations on your procedure buddy. Looking forward to following your updates along the way! =)

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

Thanks guys, appreciate it! I will be going tomorrow for a checkup with Dr Maras. I must say that I'm very impressed with HDC's aftercare. Even during the holiday weekend a technician came twice a day to shampoo my head and apply cream to donor area, and both of the patiebt coordinators have been amazing with helping me out way beyond the norm! May the results be as amazing as my experience so far!

Will post a 1 week update :)

Work looks great, HDC are a solid FUE clinic within Europe and i am sure you will achieve a nice result.

How involved was Dr Maras in your operation?

Dr. Maras did all of the graft punching and a few of the extractions, and made all the recipient holes. Placement was done by technician. I honestly felt very comfortable with the team.

I will be at Cyprus on 30 June as my surgery will be on July 1. Are you going to be there by that time? Hope we could meet :D

Unfortunately I'm flying home on the 28th. Glad to see another forum member choosing Maras. You will be in great hands!

Dr. Maras and Dr. Bisanga are the only two top FUE doctors I know so far that do all the punching and incisions (recipient holes) themselves.

Edited by HARIRI

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Dr. Maras and Dr. Bisanga are the only two FUE doctors I know that do all the punching and incisions (recipient holes) themselves.

Yea, it's quiet impressive. Also the technicians are all very experienced and have worked with top surgeons before which is why I trusted them with the extraction and placement blindfolded (not literally.) :P

I'd also like to give credit to Dr. Yiannis Voskos, who is also a surgeon at the clinic and he is the one who administered my anesthesia and was a great part of making my experience calm and comfortable! In the beginning I was a bit worried that there are many hands on board and now I'm convinced that this has many advantages to having 1 doctor perform the whole operation on his own.

Dan5249, Mazel Tov Bro :-)

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Here is a 10 day update:

All scabbing (except for where I had an injury before surgery) are completely gone, no redness...the hair is growing. Want it to shed already as my native hair is not long enough to cover it :(

I have been experiencing some shedding of native hair which I have no had pre-op. Not sure if this is attributed to transection or shock loss.

LtWSLkF.jpg

pld1fDk.jpg

HazzDfz.png

xFF4oaS.png

I had a small touch up done on the front of the hairline 3 days ago (added 22 grafts to fix something I wanted), and therefore you may see a few small dots on the last picture.

I just want the scabbing to fall off from where my injury was as I am a bit worried it is slowing the growth and can potentially harm the grafts.

More updates soon! :)

Quick update: So in my second shower today I shed about 10 of my transplanted hair. Right on schedule! :) Goodbye temporary hairline!

Edited by Dan5249

• 2 weeks later...