Potential Recommendation of Dr. Jose Lorenzo of the United Kingdom, formerly Spain

Dr Lorenzo is now in the U.K and he will be happy to see any patients to discuss their loss etc

Please feel free to e mail me at mick@farjo.com to arrange and yes mickey he will get involved in the forum.

Mick

Patient coordinator for Dr. Bessam Farjo who is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

Dr Lorenzo works full time out of his clinic in Madrid. He was in the UK for his daughters education and worked out of the Farjo clinic whilst he was there I don't think it is the case that you can have him provide surgery in the UK anymore you would need to go to Madrid.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

• 1 month later...
Dear Forum Members,

As many of you know, we gather as much information as possible about a physician, their staff, technique and track record before they are even considered for recommendation on the Hair Transplant Network. Part of our review process involves getting input from patients and the members of this forum community. To learn more about this review process, click here.

We would appreciate your input regarding the potential recommendation of Dr. Jose Lorenzo of the United Kingdom, formerly Spain. At this time, Dr. Lorenzo is only being considered for recommendation, not the Coalition. To see our standards for recommendation, click here. However, given his dedication to ultra refined follicular unit extraction, in time, I believe we should consider him for the Coalition.

Dr. Jose Lorenzo has recently teamed up with Coalition members Drs. Bessam and Nilofer Farjo to provide advanced FUE at their new joint clinic. For the official announcement, click here.

Dr. Lorenzo has already established a stellar reputation online for producing world class FUE results. He has over 10 years of experience, performs exclusive FUE hair transplantation and operates on only 1 or 2 patients per day depending on the size of the session. Dr. Lorenzo transplants over 2000 grafts in a single day and dense packs up to 70 FU/cm2 when appropriate for the patient.

Dr. Jose Lorenzo uses a manual punch via the standard Versi Handle ranging from .65mm to 1.0mm in diameter depending on the size of the graft. This enables him to reduce trauma and resultant scarring to the skin. Dr. Lorenzo feels that manual FUE extraction provides him with better control, reducing follicular transection and increasing the number of viable grafts for transplanting. He also employs the "stick and place" technique using the "Lion Implanter" he helped to design.

Dr. Jose Lorenzo believes FUE donor harvesting can now achieve the same coverage and number of follicular units as follicular unit strip surgery (FUSS) with reduced scarring to the donor area. In Dr. Lorenzo's opinion and experience, anyone who is a candidate for FUT via strip harvesting is also a candidate for FUE.

Dr. Lorenzo is a member of the ISHRS (International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery) and is a part of the FUE Science Committee. The FUE Committee was created by the ISHRS at the 2012 Annual ISHRS Scientific Meeting with the purpose of improving FUE hair transplants through scientific research and education.

Given Dr. Jose Lorenzo's experience and commitment to high quality follicular unit hair transplantation via FUE, I believe that he should be considered for recommendation. See our standards for recommendation.

At this time, only 3 examples of Dr. Lorenzo's impressive results have been presented on our forum. However, given dozens of impressive examples of his results all over the web and the excitement we've seen from patient and physician members of our community about his potential recommendation, I think we should consider him for recommendation without further delay.

View some of his patient and surgical photos below:

5254 Grafts in 2 Sessions via FUE with Dr. Lorenzo

5035 Grafts in 2 Sessions via FUE with Dr. Lorenzo

5591 Grafts in 2 Sessions via FUE with Dr. Lorenzo

From YouTube

10,055 Grafts in 3 Sessions via FUE with Dr. Lorenzo

5425 Grafts in 2 Sessions via FUE with Dr. Lorenzo

1551 Grafts in 1 Session via FUE with Dr. Lorenzo

4103 Grafts in 2 Sessions via FUE with Dr. Lorenzo

More of Dr. Lorenzo's results can be found on YouTube and Mick will be presenting more examples of his results in the coming days.

I welcome input and comments from forum members regarding his potential recommendation.

Was Dr. Lorenzo ever recommended by the Hair Restoration Network? I have heard various unaffiliated posters recommend him. Any updates with the screening or recommendation?