Potential Recommendation of Dr. Jose Lorenzo of the United Kingdom, formerly Spain

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hariri,

Just to correct something you said above....Dr. Lorenzo uses the Lion or Hans implanter to create recipient incisions and implant follicular units, not the Choi implanter. These devices are similar however, there are a few distinct differences. Dr. Lorenzo co-created the Lion implanter.

Best wishes,

Bill

Thanks for the info Bill, By the way how about Dr. Hakan Doganay? What implanter is he using?

Also what is the difference between these two implanters? Any general idea?

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

I reject.... To the fact that he wasn't recommended earlier!

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

Har,

Dr. Doganay uses the Choi Implanter. The differences between the devices are very subtle. The Lion implanter features a clip that makes needle changing easier (this promotes appropriate needle changing and avoids using dull needles during the procedure) and some updates to the needles themselves - a more hollowed inside for additional graft space, smooth metal alloy to avoid scalp pulling during insertion, markings on the needles to help oriented the surgeon, and some additional sterilization.

However, they are very similar tools!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Har,

Dr. Doganay uses the Choi Implanter. The differences between the devices are very subtle. The Lion implanter features a clip that makes needle changing easier (this promotes appropriate needle changing and avoids using dull needles during the procedure) and some updates to the needles themselves - a more hollowed inside for additional graft space, smooth metal alloy to avoid scalp pulling during insertion, markings on the needles to help oriented the surgeon, and some additional sterilization.

However, they are very similar tools!

Very cool information.

Thanks for the info Bill, By the way how about Dr. Hakan Doganay? What implanter is he using?

Also what is the difference between these two implanters? Any general idea?

He uses the choi, which is very similar, however Dr Doganay has modified the choi which i am sure he has a patent on, as many Docs became interested in this method and Hakan is willing to open it up to them.

Hariri,

As James already pointed out, Dr. Doganay uses the Choi implanter which comes with its own set of advantages and disadvantages. That said, I firmly believe the skill and experience of the physician is paramount over which tool they employ. Ultimately, the end result is what counts the most.

I recommend reading the recently published "FUE Hair Transplant: Implantation Methods and Devices" which also provides a thorough description and distinction between the Choi and Lion "Hans" Implanter.

Best wishes,

Bill

This is a great video about the Hans Lion Implanter that Dr. Lorenzo uses. Amazing explanation and demonstration...

!

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Nice find Hariri. That was an informative video, from what I was able to understand.

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

*74 quadruples.

Non-Surgical Treatments:

Ohh that's embarassing!! Looks like I'm going to need to look over the website again! My apologies! :)

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

*74 quadruples.

Non-Surgical Treatments:

those are amazing results; thumbs up!

quick question for you all; I live in the U.S do you know if the cost for hair transplant would be of a more reasonable price in another country? If so any recommendations? I have seen a few doctors in California; the price is high and I just wonder if outside there would be other doctors that you would recommend.

thanks in advanced!

Dear all,

Dr Lorenzo has expressed his gratitude to the community and other doctors on here who have approved his recommendation.

When he comes here i will endeavour to get him involved in topics for discussion regarding FUE.

For anyone wishing to consult with him please feel free to contact me directly and i will be happy to arrange.This can be done through here or e mailing me directly at mick@farjo.com Where appropriate we can also do initilal discussions via Skype as well.

Mick

Patient coordinator for Dr. Bessam Farjo who is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Dear all,

Dr Lorenzo has expressed his gratitude to the community and other doctors on here who have approved his recommendation.

When he comes here i will endeavour to get him involved in topics for discussion regarding FUE.

For anyone wishing to consult with him please feel free to contact me directly and i will be happy to arrange.This can be done through here or e mailing me directly at mick@farjo.com Where appropriate we can also do initilal discussions via Skype as well.

Mick

Hi Mick do you have any examples of Dr Lorenzo's work on smaller sessions. ie. receding hairlines and turning a NW3 to a NW2 or NW1??

cheers

Dear all,

Mick

Getting him to interact with us online would be awesome! I would love to hear what he thinks of my FUE pros/cons thread :)

Alban,

Thanks for weighing in. However, I strongly recommend that you create your own topic to garner information about other physicians and your specific case. Also, I'd like to reserve this topic for the discussion of Dr. Lorenzo's recommendation.

Thanks for understanding.

Bill

Mickey,

You're a day late and a dollar short in presenting that video my friend. See my previous post on this topic :-).

Best,

Bill

And I thouht I was late!! :D

That must be embarassing :P

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

*74 quadruples.

Non-Surgical Treatments: