Potential Recommendation of Dr. Jose Lorenzo of the United Kingdom, formerly Spain

Dear Forum Members,

As many of you know, we gather as much information as possible about a physician, their staff, technique and track record before they are even considered for recommendation on the Hair Transplant Network. Part of our review process involves getting input from patients and the members of this forum community. To learn more about this review process, click here.

We would appreciate your input regarding the potential recommendation of Dr. Jose Lorenzo of the United Kingdom, formerly Spain. At this time, Dr. Lorenzo is only being considered for recommendation, not the Coalition. To see our standards for recommendation, click here. However, given his dedication to ultra refined follicular unit extraction, in time, I believe we should consider him for the Coalition.

Dr. Jose Lorenzo has recently teamed up with Coalition members Drs. Bessam and Nilofer Farjo to provide advanced FUE at their new joint clinic. For the official announcement, click here.

Dr. Lorenzo has already established a stellar reputation online for producing world class FUE results. He has over 10 years of experience, performs exclusive FUE hair transplantation and operates on only 1 or 2 patients per day depending on the size of the session. Dr. Lorenzo transplants over 2000 grafts in a single day and dense packs up to 70 FU/cm2 when appropriate for the patient.

Dr. Jose Lorenzo uses a manual punch via the standard Versi Handle ranging from .65mm to 1.0mm in diameter depending on the size of the graft. This enables him to reduce trauma and resultant scarring to the skin. Dr. Lorenzo feels that manual FUE extraction provides him with better control, reducing follicular transection and increasing the number of viable grafts for transplanting. He also employs the "stick and place" technique using the "Lion Implanter" he helped to design.

Dr. Jose Lorenzo believes FUE donor harvesting can now achieve the same coverage and number of follicular units as follicular unit strip surgery (FUSS) with reduced scarring to the donor area. In Dr. Lorenzo's opinion and experience, anyone who is a candidate for FUT via strip harvesting is also a candidate for FUE.

Dr. Lorenzo is a member of the ISHRS (International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery) and is a part of the FUE Science Committee. The FUE Committee was created by the ISHRS at the 2012 Annual ISHRS Scientific Meeting with the purpose of improving FUE hair transplants through scientific research and education.

Given Dr. Jose Lorenzo's experience and commitment to high quality follicular unit hair transplantation via FUE, I believe that he should be considered for recommendation. See our standards for recommendation.

At this time, only 3 examples of Dr. Lorenzo's impressive results have been presented on our forum. However, given dozens of impressive examples of his results all over the web and the excitement we've seen from patient and physician members of our community about his potential recommendation, I think we should consider him for recommendation without further delay.

View some of his patient and surgical photos below:

5254 Grafts in 2 Sessions via FUE with Dr. Lorenzo

5035 Grafts in 2 Sessions via FUE with Dr. Lorenzo

5591 Grafts in 2 Sessions via FUE with Dr. Lorenzo

From YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8z6dFzG428

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az4rlpGVuBM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLBuwi3U61Q'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLBuwi3U61Q'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLBuwi3U61Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLBuwi3U61Q

More of Dr. Lorenzo's results can be found on YouTube and Mick will be presenting more examples of his results in the coming days.

I welcome input and comments from forum members regarding his potential recommendation.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like Bisanga a few months ago.....this one is a no brainer.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

Si, Si, Siiiiiiii. Lorenzo is one of the best FUE surgeons in the world whom use Choi Implanter. His Injerto Capilar You Tube page speaks itself of how damn good is he. I knew about him from Jotronic and tried hard to raise his name to be recommended, Thank God that he is finally recommended. Thank you Bill. I love HTN.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Absolutely! His work has truly changed the way we perceive FUE.

Good luck, Dr. Lorenzo! Also, a big thank you to Mick from Dr. Farjo's office for all his work in presenting Dr. Lorenzo.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Yes, I have seen a lot of his videos on youtube. He is very skilled. I would recommend him.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

For anyone interested to see his great FUE video results on You Tube page. Please click the link below:-

injertocapilar's channel - YouTube

My Hair Treatments:

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Absolutely! His work has truly changed the way we perceive FUE.

Good luck, Dr. Lorenzo! Also, a big thank you to Mick from Dr. Farjo's office for all his work in presenting Dr. Lorenzo.

Indeed he did. You could say it was almost a revolution for FUE along with the work Erdogan, Hakan, Demirsoy, Umar and De Reys were doing. These guys pushed FUE beyond minor recession territory!

Definite yes from me!! He is like the Hasson and Wong of FUE. I just watched a youtube video of a pateint who received over 10,000 grafts via FUE from Lorenzo. If you would have told me that was possible yesterday I would have told you you were smoking pcp.

I think given the overwhelmingly positive feedback regarding Dr. Lorenzo's potential inclusion, approving him for recommendation on the Hair Transplant Network is a no-brainer.

In addition to all the supportive feedback on this topic, I was personally contacted by over a dozen outstanding physicians recommended by this community practically giving his potential recommendation a standing ovation.

Thus, I am pleased to announce that Dr. Lorenzo has been approved for recommendation by this community. View Dr. Jose Lorenzo's Hair Transplant Network profile.

Let's all congratulate Dr. Lorenzo on being approved and for all his dedication to advancing FUE hair transplant surgery.

I look forward to continually seeing great things from him in the many, many months to come.

Best wishes,

Bill

Congratulations, Dr. Lorenzo!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Congratulations Dr. Lorenzo, You will change the perception of FUE in this network and you will eliminate FUT one day I believe with your great outstanding high yielding FUE results.

Now that we got Dr. Bisanga and Dr. Lorenzo. The only FUE surgeon left here is Dr. Erdogan. Come on Bill :-)

My Hair Treatments:

Hariri,

Just to correct something you said above....Dr. Lorenzo uses the Lion or Hans implanter to create recipient incisions and implant follicular units, not the Choi implanter. These devices are similar however, there are a few distinct differences. Dr. Lorenzo co-created the Lion implanter.

Best wishes,

Bill