Best plan for those quitting Propecia/Fin..?

rayfish

Hello All,

First post on this forum. There's a great amount of info here and happy I found this website.

My story is I'm 34, been on Propecia for roughly 8 years. Back when I started taking Propecia, I would say I was barely a "Norwood II" back then, and today, 8 or so years later, I'm still a Norwood II. So Propecia has done great to sustain my mostly full head of hair.

I would love to hold onto as much of my existing hair as possible.

I never did any blood work or testing before/during or currently, so I can't compare any current levels to past test results.

A month ago, I was sent my latest refill and Dr. Reddys Finasteride came instead of Propecia.

Over the past few years, I will say that I've noticed a decline in my libido. Also, it seems more increasingly now, my ability to sustain a full erection during intercourse is being affected. Wifey no likey, and obviously neither do I!

I'm not at all placing much additional blame on the Dr. Reddy's Fin, but perhaps that might be slightly increasing my sexual side effects....?

After some online research, it seems like there are a decent amount of people that are experiencing these frustrating side effects from Fin as well.

I don't really want to lose all the hair that I've sustained all these years, but it's also not worth it to me to have trouble sustaining during intercourse and lose my sex drive, just to keep all my hair.

I think I'd like to experiment with Rogaine foam, and I'm curious what other moves you experts think I should take in addition to Rogaine?

Are there any truly worthwhile supplements, shampoos or anything else that's recommended to help sustain our hair?

I'm really just looking for the best thing to do if you don't want to take Pro/Fin...?

Thanks in advance for any helpful advice fellas :)

It's difficult to determine whether fin is causing this, as you noted, you took it without incidence for many years.

Some switch to a lower dosage. Try taking it EOD, and see how it goes. I feel it's better to move to a lower dose rather than just jumping off. If a lower dosage doesn't work out for you, then you can come off.

You could also get ED treated with other meds. If you still want your hair, you could try experimental treatments like CB/PGD2 blockers, etc etc but those require some knowledge and mixing/storage etc.

Try Keratene Alphactive Retard. Its so far the best alternative of FIN in the market with proven studies, not as effective as FIN but atleast does the job. I get my morning wood and never have sexual sides with it. I love it :-)

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Try Keratene Alphactive Retard.

Its so far the best alternative of FIN in the market with proven studies,

not as effective as FIN but atleast does the job.

Hariri..........can you provide a link where someone

in the US can purchase this product you suggest?

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Hello All,

First post on this forum. There's a great amount of info here and happy I found this website.

My story is I'm 34, been on Propecia for roughly 8 years. Back when I started taking Propecia, I would say I was barely a "Norwood II" back then, and today, 8 or so years later, I'm still a Norwood II. So Propecia has done great to sustain my mostly full head of hair.

I would love to hold onto as much of my existing hair as possible.

I never did any blood work or testing before/during or currently, so I can't compare any current levels to past test results.

A month ago, I was sent my latest refill and Dr. Reddys Finasteride came instead of Propecia.

Over the past few years, I will say that I've noticed a decline in my libido. Also, it seems more increasingly now, my ability to sustain a full erection during intercourse is being affected. Wifey no likey, and obviously neither do I!

I'm not at all placing much additional blame on the Dr. Reddy's Fin, but perhaps that might be slightly increasing my sexual side effects....?

After some online research, it seems like there are a decent amount of people that are experiencing these frustrating side effects from Fin as well.

I don't really want to lose all the hair that I've sustained all these years, but it's also not worth it to me to have trouble sustaining during intercourse and lose my sex drive, just to keep all my hair.

I think I'd like to experiment with Rogaine foam, and I'm curious what other moves you experts think I should take in addition to Rogaine?

Are there any truly worthwhile supplements, shampoos or anything else that's recommended to help sustain our hair?

I'm really just looking for the best thing to do if you don't want to take Pro/Fin...?

Thanks in advance for any helpful advice fellas :)

Well I'm the same age as you and only on fin properly for a few months. I'd say my libido is certainly not what it was in my 20s so I wouldn't rule out it being unrelated to the Fin.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

AS Hairi said people are saying good things bout Keratene Alphactive Retard with no sides.

Your loss of libido is surely down to the Fin. I was on it for nearly 4 years OK until sides kicked in. You also have to realise every year your test levels naturally slightly drop too. So each year everyone becomes more susceptible to side effects. Fin affected my free test levels and lowered them significantly. It jumped back up after i ditched it.

I for one wont be putting any crap like this in my body ever again. Madness messing with hormones.