Considering Dr Bhatti for 4500 FUE ?

Hi Guys,

I am considering a HT with Dr Tejinder Bhatti, Chandigarh, India. Though I have been a long hair loss sufferer (7+ years), I have a little knowledge on HT. Can you please advice me on things to consider and questions to ask before I take the plunge?

Below is the snippet from Doctors consultation report. I am NW 5.

Shall benefit from 4500 FUE grafts.

1st Session (1.5 day long)

3000 grafts from Scalp ( maximum that can be taken out at present)

600 Scalp from beard.

2nd Session ( 6 months after the first session)

Remaining 900 grafts- these could be taken out either from the chest or from the scalp donor area if there has been a development of new donor grafts in six months

As you can see I have thinning all over the scalp, any suggestions on how should I plan to use the limited scalp donor area(3000 grafts as per Doc) ? I was thinking of getting dense coverage on the hairline/front scalp and medium to less density from mid scalp to crown. Is that a good Idea ? is that possible with 3600 grafts in first session ?

Thank you all.

Edited by eternaldenied

Dr Bhatti is saying you only have 3000 FUE available from your scalp? Sounds very low for a virgin scalp. Have you been evaluated by other HT surgeons?

Not in person but yes, over the email, I have sent my pictures to Dr Madhu and he said that my donor hair density is not very good and that having a HT might not give me satisfactory result.

On the same line Dr Bhatti also said(in person visit) that Donor density is weak so maximum we can take out is 3000 grafts. and rest 1500 would have to come from the body.

Madhu is a strip doctor but not professional in FUE method. I would strongly recommend Bhatti for FUE. Follow this patient results before making a final decision:-

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/170853-4346-fue-grafts-dr-bhatti-india.html

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Madhu is a strip doctor but not professional in FUE method. I would strongly recommend Bhatti for FUE. Follow this patient results before making a final decision:-

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/170853-4346-fue-grafts-dr-bhatti-india.html

Hi Hariri,

Thanks for the link. I am impressed with Dr Bhatti results and seriously considering him for my HT;however, I have few questions on my report.

600 grafts from beard - Isn't that too much for beard ?

What do you think on the donor area from the back of my scalp ?

I just replied to your PM but thought I would reply publicly also for others to see. Your donor area is below average unfortunately, I think 3,000 would leave it rather barren but that may not be a concern to you as you desire hair on top. You do have alot of area to cover and even with the addition of beard hair I worry that that limited quantity of grafts AND the fine texture of your donor hair may not achieve a convincing result... I hope I am wrong though..

Hi Mickey,

Thank you very much for your valuable comment. I don't know If I am going on a wrong path because I just made the advance payment for booking my surgery date with Dr Bhatti. I am undergoing HT on 20th June.

I agree with you that my donor hair is not thick and that has started to worry me a lot. I just hope that all my hard earned money doesn't go down the drain.

Any suggestions on how should I plan to use the 3000 scalp grafts and 600 beard grafts for the first session ?

Should I go for a coverage on entire bald region keeping more density on frontal region and less on crown to back. Second session of 900 grafts can then be used for filling in the gaps over entire transplanted area to increase density.

OR

Should I go for a dense coverage on frontal region ( hairline to mid scalp) and leave the crown untouched for next session ( 900 grafts from chest)

How good my case looks as compared to that of johnny24 & GaelicDawn ? I see that both of them have got a good result with Dr Bhatti for >4000 grafts

4346 grafts - GaelicDawn

4000 grafts- johnny24

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/167897-hair-transplant-dr-tejinder-bhatti-darling-buds-chandigarh-india.html

Hi eternaldenied,

I'm glad you're researching your HT, but please take time and don't rush into anything. Dr Bhatti is an excellent HT surgeon, and if you choose him you're in good hands. But make sure beforehand you know your goals, and realistically what can be done in your case. Remember to achieve your original hairline, you will needs lots of grafts, so maybe it's better to have a more mature, refined look, that won't cost you valuable grafts in the end. Remember that you may need more than 1 trip for a HT.

Let us know if you have any questions, and best of luck.

Your mind is like a parachute, it won't work unless you open it.

eternaldenied,

From the private message I received and the above topic, it seems that you are in a rush to schedule surgery however, it appears that if you should do more research before scheduling surgery.

Ultimately, no matter which physician you choose, it's vital that you have a good understanding of the hair transplant procedure and what to expect both short term and long term and whether or not you'll need more than one procedure to meet your goals, etc.

In my opinion, take your time and research for awhile. Then, when you are ready, go ahead and consult with Dr. Bhatti and/or other physicians you're interested in and make a decision.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hey Guys,

Thank you very much for your valuable comments. As couple of you have guessed, since I was in hurry to get a HT done, I took the plunge and went ahead with Dr Bhatti seeing his reputation and results on this forum.

Keeping my fingers crossed for a good growth. You may check out my pre/post surgery pics here.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171136-my-hair-transplant-experience-3180-grafts-dr-bhatti.html