1550 FUE with SMG ARTAS

Recently just had a 1550 FUE HT with SMG. Feel like I needed more grafts placed in the crown and middle area but Dr Shapiro advised me to wait due to my age and density at the current time. What do you all think? Not sure how to add pictures to this thread yet so I just added a photo blog to my Profile page. Please visit to view pics from my Pre Op Stage and Post Op. Its been 3 days after surgery now and its healing well and the redness has gone down alot. Everybody at SMG was really great and took wonderful care of me. I hope its enough grafts! Now for the waiting game. Oh forgot to mention that I used the ARTAS machine. It felt fine and no pain. Only the shots stung a bit but we all know that already. Feel free to ask me any questions. Thanks!

Hair Restoration Social Network ? Community for and by Hair Loss Patients - Nowsthetime9's Profile

Edited by Nowsthetime9

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to seeing your results. Our corners looked pretty similar. I have less loss in the other regions. You are going to get a killer result that blends very well. I personally would make sure to stay on fin and add rogaine if you haven't. Since you had fue you have a lot of options in the future.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I think your results will be fine. Overall hairloss isn't that extensive yet.

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

Nowsthetime9,

Welcome and congratulations! Great to see an ARTAS procedure presented. I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out. Good luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Update Photos 1 Week POST OP on 1550 FUE ARTAS w/ SMG

So its been exactly one week since surgery. Everythings going well. Been using the Graph spray everyday and applying Bac Zinc ointment to the donor area. No pain really except for some soreness in the donor area. Ive been wearing a surgical cap rather then a hat if i go anywhere to protect the grafts. Also using the cup method for shampooing and starting to massage the back of my head to help with the scabbing. What do you all think ?

Please visit my blog to view new pics. Thanks.

Hair Restoration Social Network ? Community for and by Hair Loss Patients - Nowsthetime9's Profile

UPDATE*. 2 weeks Post Op 1550 FUE ARTAS w/ SMG

Everythings goin well. All the scabs have fallen off and most of the redness is gone. Went out to a restaurant last night and nobody looked at me twice. Havent noticed too much shedding yet and hopefully it stays that way. I posted 2 week pictures on my profile page.

wow after week 1, your donor area looked great, almost couldnt even detect anything was done. and now at week 2, cant even tell anything was done . did dr shapiro advise how many fue grafts he thinks u have available?

Thanks, ya I dont know if im a fast healer or they did a great job. I think both. I made sure to spray the donor and recipient area religiously and also bought neosporin for the donor area.

He said i have pretty good donor hair so prob 4k or so left.

• 2 weeks later...

Whatsup Guys. Im about a month Post op now and everything seems to be going normal still. Starting to shed more hairs here and there and it pretty much looks like I never had a HT. Wondering if anybody had advice as to the guidelines or "rules" go for going in the ocean or lake water and being outside in the sun. Like i said im only a month in and dont want to risk messing any growth or healing up but the family is planning a River Trip for the 4th and is expecting me to be there. What do you think?? Thanks any advice would be great.

Yo I got 1200 fue with Artas at Shapiro 3 months ago. After reading the forums here I advise that you buy some high spf sunscreen spray to use in your hair whenever you are in the sun. The after care directions say that you can experience discoloration from sun exposure but the forum adds that you can actually lose grafts. Don't know if it's true but hey I use sunscreen and I'm still paranoid.:cool:

*NEW UPDATE PICS *1 month Post Op 1550 FUE ARTAS w/ SMG

Nothing too new so far. Im trying to let my hair grow out as much as possible. I cut the sides at a 1 1/2 guard but havent touched the top. Few scabs here and there and some itching but nothing out of the ordinary. Looks like I never had the procedure. Trying to be patient even though its early.

Heres a link to my 1 month pics-

Hair Restoration Social Network - Hair Loss and Transplant Photos

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

5 Months Post Op Pics. 1550 FUE ARTAS

Its been 5 months now and I have noticed some improvement it seems but not what I was hoping at this stage. Maybe its just me but I feel like things really havent started to get going yet. Maybe im a slow grower or just over thinking things. Im still losing hair in the crown area which I wanted to have work on originaly but Dr Shapiro advised me to wait on that and also seem to be thinning in the frontal zone. Any comments or suggestions would be great. Ive been on Finasteride for about a year now and started using Minoxidil 5 % Foam about 3 months ago. Also started taking Biotin and a multivitamin. Only time will tell I guess. The journey continues. Here is a link to pics I posted so far at the 5 month mark.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey man I'm around 7 months with Artas. You will see some growth this month for sure. I wonder if SMG is finding that Artas patients are growing out their hairs at a slower rate. I'm at 7 months and I sure hope I have more hairs to come.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...