Best place in the UK to buy Finasteride/properica

Ive seen these posts on here before but they are a little out dated. Dose any body know where in the UK is best to buy (cheapest) Finasteride or Propecia 5mg tablets from ?

i have found this website (chemistdirect) but every time i select how many i wont the actual price it asks for at the end dosent match, eg one says 40 per tablet how it cost 7.85 at the till (the website has a free delivery in the uk) im guessing that you get more than 1 tablet in this but would like to be sure about it first.

Thanks in advance guys n gals

Edited by Future_HT_Doc

• 3 years later...

Agree about Dr Edgar being very good.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

I too can vouch for dr edgar , current prices are ?219 for proscar 5mg , ?189 for generics both 14 months supply . Spex is probably getting mates rates ;) a d rightfully so !

I personally would spend the little extra and get the branded product .

Thanks for the information guys, I've been buying Finasteride from Boots pharmacy for ?100 for 90 pill so thats ?400 a year do you think Dr Edgar would be cheaper?

The Original Merck Propecia is the same price as private prescription around 50 quid.

Also the law (UK) now says any one prescribing meds has to inform the persons G.P

I would like to get this make cheaper ?

H&W said to me,

He also recommend that you start to take Propecia/Proscar this will help in maintaining your existing hair in the mid scalp and crown. You should be taking the branded Merck Propecia 1mg or Proscar 5mg rather than any generic tablet. Proscar is effective in retaining your existing hair but we have seen patients experience better results with the branded medication rather than generics

I only wanted 1 or 2 months supply to see how i get on but i think he does min 12 months or so.

I told him this and the price of merck is the same but no offers were made.

I've used Dr Edger before , sound service.

Saying that i've not long returned from Spanish island where i stumbled across Proscar ( branded ) at 8 euros for 28 tablets of 5mg to be cut in a Pharmacy.....after checking their the real deal i took advantage of the situation.Over the counter with no script needed!

In theory you would think that generic would be the same. I have been on many pills over the last 6 months since I had a bone marrow transplant. Some doctors that prescribe told me not to buy generic and to stick to the original maker.

At Hasson and Wong through there experience and many patients that they have seen believe that generic don't work as well. I am one of the people that switched to generic proscar and noticed a difference. Once I went back to original my hair did improve. Although this shouldn't be I find this was the case for me and others that I met. Hasson and Wong have nothing to gain by asking you to not take generic.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

There will always be differences and debates which can be a good thing but most importantly it's keeping the respect and behaviour which I like here!

We try our best......:) I am not saying anything against Spex. He is very knowledgeable and honest. Its great that he shares his experiences and helps posters get meds for cheaper.

I can only share my experience and what I have seen. In theory what Spex says is correct there should not be a difference between generic or original. Unfortunately from what I have seen concerning proscar/propecia doesn't seen to be the case.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson