His hair clinics response to my questions . Looking for advise

I'm just looking for advise . I've heard good things about his hair clinic but am a little concerned about a permanent solution. I'm nervous that over time the color would fade and that when I get older and go grey or white that the SMP being of a darker color would be obvious . Here are 2 quotes I got from a representative at His Hair . Please tell me if they sound accurate ?

1st quote

"Because the SMP is to give the illusion of hair, you would need to keep any existing hair cut short which means that you will only see the follicle. Your follicles are also going to be a dark color, even when you grow older. Therefore, our consultants matches the pigment which they use to your follicle in order to blend it in. Your follicles, will not change over time, so down the road, the pigment color would not be a problem."

2nd quote

"The treatment is permanent and is made not to fade over time. However, because everyone’s scalp takes the pigment differently, we do offer a 1 year guarantee which will cover any additional sessions that may be needed for faded after you have completed the number of sessions you were quoted for"

I'm simply looking for advise on weather or not this is a sales tactic or if what I'm being told is 100% the truth ? Like I said .... My biggest concern with permanent SMP is fading and or not looking natural when I turn grey/white .

I probably will try temporary first . I'm more looking comments on whether or not what I've been told is accurate . As far as I understood all tattoos fade over time , but I'm not familiar with the technology that goes into SMP . Also is it true that the follicles always stay dark?

Temporary SMP is designed to fade over the course of 24 months so that the ink does not turn blue or green. Permanent SMP companies will talk about fading but they avoid the issue of color change and they will simply say they'll give you a touch up. The problem with this is that the more ink you put into a dot that has "faded" aka changed color the bigger the dot gets which means it doesn't look natural.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Stoploss, I am opening a temporary SMP clinic (Milena Lardi's product) this summer in the NYC area. Shapiro clinic currently offers it as we'll.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Thanks so much! Can you give me your contact info?

I think this is so great! I have a longer hair cut but use concealer, which starts to become a pain, hiding from the rain, being careful at the beach/pool, sweating in the gym, etc. Also, really like the idea of temporary just in case something goes wrong, fades or just plain doesn't look right. Permanent just seem so...forever! Lol sorry to high jack

I'm just looking for advise . I've heard good things about his hair clinic but am a little concerned about a permanent solution. I'm nervous that over time the color would fade and that when I get older and go grey or white that the SMP being of a darker color would be obvious . Here are 2 quotes I got from a representative at His Hair . Please tell me if they sound accurate ?

1st quote

"Because the SMP is to give the illusion of hair, you would need to keep any existing hair cut short which means that you will only see the follicle. Your follicles are also going to be a dark color, even when you grow older. Therefore, our consultants matches the pigment which they use to your follicle in order to blend it in. Your follicles, will not change over time, so down the road, the pigment color would not be a problem."

2nd quote

"The treatment is permanent and is made not to fade over time. However, because everyone’s scalp takes the pigment differently, we do offer a 1 year guarantee which will cover any additional sessions that may be needed for faded after you have completed the number of sessions you were quoted for"

I'm simply looking for advise on weather or not this is a sales tactic or if what I'm being told is 100% the truth ? Like I said .... My biggest concern with permanent SMP is fading and or not looking natural when I turn grey/white .

Hello Dakota,

I underwent a micropigmentation myself at HIS HAIR Clinic because after my research I found out that this was the company with more experience in the field worldwide, it is a company that patented their own SMP procedure back in 2002 and since then they have performed more SMP treatments than any other company in the world.

The responses that you got from the HIS HAIR representative are accurate and nothing but the truth, if someone told you to not go permanent and go temporary this can be sales tactic too. So I recommend to extract your own conclusions after seeing as much cases as possible and visiting the clinic and meeting patients in person during any of the open doors days that HIS HAIR celebrate in many of major cities in USA and worldwide.

If you go temporary and you feel ok with the result then you will have two options, to do a retouch periodically every year or to go permanent.

You can save money going permanent from the beginning, and if any day in the future you decide to remove the pigment then we at HIS HAIR can eliminate the pigment entirely with our specific laser that we use mainly to repair results from another providers.

Here you can see how it works the laser.

I'm a hair transplant consultant since 2004 and I have been a patient few times, if you need assistance I'm here to help.

Consultant for HDC Clinic

Mail: escar@hdc.com.cy / Whatsapp: +34 644 728 567 / 

My case

Personally, I've always liked the temporary SMP option.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

There are a few companies who state that their SMP is temporary and designed to fade after 24-36 months. So what happens at this stage, does it totally disappear? As that’s the meaning of temporary. Or does it just fade, where if it is not reapplied it would look odd as it would not match the clients existing hair? Thus the client then needs to have the procedure re-applied and the cycle continues every few years?

Are there any documented case studies or pictures of clients who can show what this treatment looks like ‘faded’?

The SMP carried by HIS Hair Clinic does not change colour over time. The co-founder Ian Watson had the procedure carried out in 2002 and in the picture you see below was taken 10 years later in September 2012.

Ian-Watson-His-Hair-Clinic_zps149c859f.jpg

I'm a hair transplant consultant since 2004 and I have been a patient few times, if you need assistance I'm here to help.

My case

Is there any documentation of a permanent case over several years? The picture presented by escar doesn`t convince me, as it is taken from a distance way too far as one could evaluate if there is fading or not. Do you have any better pictures to present to us? Thx in advance! But even if, I think that we would need to see more long-time cases.

I think every tattoo will fade over time, and the finer the structure of it once was, the bigger the difference in the appearance will be. Also the tattoo is placed on a spot that is most exposed to sunlight, and sunlight will speed up the process of fading.

Just have a look at tattoos that were made back in the 80ies or even 70ies...

Why would that be different with permanent SMP?

Thanks to everyone chiming in here . Because I've had a bad experience in the past I tend to lean a little more on the cautious/skeptical side. There's definitely an argument to both sides but I may lean towards the temporary SMP because unlike a HT and scar if I don't like the results it'll go away in a few years . Like I said in my first post .... I've heard nothing but good things about His Hair but I'd like to see some more results up close several years later to prove that the pigment does not fade or change color .

Escar , could you find and post results from day 1 until 5-10 years later ? I think that'd be key in helping not only myself but maybe others decide which route we would go .

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I replied already with one example and in the forum of HIS HAIR, in the web page, there are hundreds of cases posted by the own customers, despite I cannot post here the link or use that cases outside that forum, nonetheless this forum is open to the public in general so it could be possible to find there customers who did the SMP some years ago.

I also noticed in the italian forum that there are customers who went by the temporary option who had to do from 2 to 4 retouches per year to maintain the results as it seems that this is the way to keep fresh the results of temporary SMP, if its ok for you then perfect, I personally prefer the permanent option performed by HIS HAIR and this is why I underwent my own procedure with them and Im very happy.

There is also the example of Ian Watson who did his first SMP 10 years ago and he looks fantastic so for me this is the definitive proof, his case it shows me how can I look in 10 years and for me he looks perfect, I understand if someone prefer to go temporary and do 2 retouches per year but for some other people including myself the permanent option performed by HIS HAIR its the best option.

Which one to choose is up to you, the good thing is that you have options to choose.

There are a few companies who state that their SMP is temporary and designed to fade after 24-36 months. So what happens at this stage, does it totally disappear? As that’s the meaning of temporary. Or does it just fade, where if it is not reapplied it would look odd as it would not match the clients existing hair? Thus the client then needs to have the procedure re-applied and the cycle continues every few years?

Are there any documented case studies or pictures of clients who can show what this treatment looks like ‘faded’?

The SMP carried by HIS Hair Clinic does not change colour over time. The co-founder Ian Watson had the procedure carried out in 2002 and in the picture you see below was taken 10 years later in September 2012.

Ian-Watson-His-Hair-Clinic_zps149c859f.jpg

My case

• 2 weeks later...

I have always questioned how natural smp looks on a completely slick bald head because it is essentially only 2 dimensional, however I have never seen this in real life so I can't be sure. The permanent smp scares me for two reasons. One because of the lack of depth when you do eventually lose more hair it will become more evident, and 2 because unless the permanent smp ink is some kind of magical ink I really don't see anyway possible that the color won't fade or change. It's simple physics, a pigment is a pigment because it absorbs light and when it does so it is also broken down to some degree, over a long period of time this will change the properties of the pigment resulting in fading or color change. Now maybe the permanent ink is resistant to these changes to a degree that makes the color change so slowly that it really isn't an issue, but I just can't see how it could be that different from regular tattoo ink.

The temporary ink negates the fade issue, but not the two dimensional issue and then also requires more maintenance. All the work I've seen from HIS hair looks good, but I don't think I could ever do something so permanent with so many questions, although I guess they do offer laser to remove it.

Anyways that's my two cents, hope the HIS hair people don't take it as a knock, I'm not meaning to be disrespectful just being honest.

I have seen cases where the temporary SMP looks pretty good.....but personally, the permanent is not something I'd be ready for.....even if there are lasers to "remove" it. I think its an expensive option all around.....and personally don't think I could justify the cost and the maintenance to have it done. As far as my strip scar.....I'd rather pay for a couple hundred FUE grafts to have them fill in my scar than $500 or more dollars a year for SMP!

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

Is there any documentation of a permanent case over several years? The picture presented by escar doesn`t convince me, as it is taken from a distance way too far as one could evaluate if there is fading or not. Do you have any better pictures to present to us? Thx in advance! But even if, I think that we would need to see more long-time cases.

I think every tattoo will fade over time, and the finer the structure of it once was, the bigger the difference in the appearance will be. Also the tattoo is placed on a spot that is most exposed to sunlight, and sunlight will speed up the process of fading.

Just have a look at tattoos that were made back in the 80ies or even 70ies...

Why would that be different with permanent SMP?

Escar, however I appreciate that you did answer to my post anyway, you actually did not answer any of my questions substantiated. I think it is rather surprising that HIS would be not able to offer pictures of patients that had their procedure done several years ago (8+ or so). The picture of Ian Watson is taken from too far away as if one could judge anyhow properly whether the tattoo has faded or not. Please tell us also why temporary SMP would NOT fade?? Any explanation?

Why would someone undergo a permanent aesthetic transformation if there are no cases presented which document the safety of the method at least for individual cases?

I probably and fortunately will never need SMP, but I think for the ones who consider to have permament SMP, these informations would not only be helpful, but fundamentally necessary in order to evaluate chances and risks of the method. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
I have seen cases where the temporary SMP looks pretty good.....but personally, the permanent is not something I'd be ready for.....even if there are lasers to "remove" it. I think its an expensive option all around.....and personally don't think I could justify the cost and the maintenance to have it done. As far as my strip scar.....I'd rather pay for a couple hundred FUE grafts to have them fill in my scar than $500 or more dollars a year for SMP!

Hello Agenteye,

I think that you are confusing the methods, the HIS HAIR method doesnt require maintenance, you will probably dont need any in 3-4-5 years or more, in the last term it will depend on the type of patient skin. In the other hand the temporary method requires at least two or more retouches per year to keep the result.

Thanks.

My case

I have always questioned how natural smp looks on a completely slick bald head because it is essentially only 2 dimensional, however I have never seen this in real life so I can't be sure. The permanent smp scares me for two reasons. One because of the lack of depth when you do eventually lose more hair it will become more evident, and 2 because unless the permanent smp ink is some kind of magical ink I really don't see anyway possible that the color won't fade or change. It's simple physics, a pigment is a pigment because it absorbs light and when it does so it is also broken down to some degree, over a long period of time this will change the properties of the pigment resulting in fading or color change. Now maybe the permanent ink is resistant to these changes to a degree that makes the color change so slowly that it really isn't an issue, but I just can't see how it could be that different from regular tattoo ink.

The temporary ink negates the fade issue, but not the two dimensional issue and then also requires more maintenance. All the work I've seen from HIS hair looks good, but I don't think I could ever do something so permanent with so many questions, although I guess they do offer laser to remove it.

Anyways that's my two cents, hope the HIS hair people don't take it as a knock, I'm not meaning to be disrespectful just being honest.

Hello Greatjob, here you can see one example of SMP in a completely slick bald head:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/169948-micropigmentation-frame-face-his-hair-clinic.html

My case

Escar, however I appreciate that you did answer to my post anyway, you actually did not answer any of my questions substantiated. I think it is rather surprising that HIS would be not able to offer pictures of patients that had their procedure done several years ago (8+ or so). The picture of Ian Watson is taken from too far away as if one could judge anyhow properly whether the tattoo has faded or not. Please tell us also why temporary SMP would NOT fade?? Any explanation?

Why would someone undergo a permanent aesthetic transformation if there are no cases presented which document the safety of the method at least for individual cases?

I probably and fortunately will never need SMP, but I think for the ones who consider to have permament SMP, these informations would not only be helpful, but fundamentally necessary in order to evaluate chances and risks of the method. Thank you.

Hello Questionamrk,

I think that I have replied already, another thing is if my reply satisfies you or not, but this is something out of my control.

I have told you the following:

"In the web page, there are hundreds of cases posted by the own customers, despite I cannot post here the link or use that cases outside that forum, nonetheless this forum is open to the public in general so it could be possible to find there customers who did the SMP some years ago"

As you can understand I cannot take cases from other forum to post here, or to post you the link here, so you are free to go to HIS HAIR forum and do a research and probably you will find customers with the treatment done years ago.

You are also invited to assist to any of the OPEN DOORS DAY in any of the clinics that HIS HAIR has around the world, there you could probably seen in detail many heads with SMP performed by HIS HAIR over different periods of time.

And as I said before,

There is also the example of Ian Watson, available to meet in person at any time, who did his first SMP 10 years ago and he looks fantastic so for me this is the definitive proof, his case it shows me how can I look in 10 years and for me he looks perfect, I understand if someone prefer to go temporary and to do 2 retouches per year but for some other people including myself the permanent option performed by HIS HAIR its the best option.

Which one to choose is up to you, the good thing is that you have options to choose.

My case