Potential Recommendation of Dr. Raghu Reddy of London, England

Dear Forum Members,

As many of you know, we gather as much information as possible about a physician, their staff, technique and track record before they are even considered for recommendation on the Hair Transplant Network. Part of our review process involves getting input from patients and the members of this forum community. To learn more about this review process, click here.

We would appreciate your input regarding the potential recommendation of Dr. Raghu Reddy of London, England. At this time, Dr. Reddy is only being considered for recommendation, not the Coalition. To see our standards for recommendation, click here

Dr. Raghu Reddy has over 6 years of experience and performs primarily FUE hair transplant surgery at his own clinic in London England. He has the staff and experience to perform up to 2500 grafts per day and dense pack up to 50 follicular units per square centimeter (FU/cm2) when appropriate for the patient.

Dr. Reddy's interest in hair restoration dates back to his medical school days where he personally struggled with significant hair loss. Thus, after obtaining his qualifications and surgical training in West of Scotland, Deanery, Dr. Reddy pursued further training in hair restoration surgery. As both a patient and a surgeon, Dr. Reddy is very empathetic towards his patients and passionate about his work.

Dr. Reddy specializes in shaven and non-shaven follicular unit extraction (FUE), body hair transplantation (BHT), scar repair, general repair, eyebrow reconstruction and provides both ACell and PRP treatments. He operates on only 1 or 2 patients per day depending on the size of the session and provides free consultations at his clinic. Dr. Reddy operates with a small team including himself and 3 technicians averaging over 6 years of experience each.

Dr. Raghu Reddy believes it takes years of experience to master the FUE technique and angles and is very conservative - putting the needs of his patients above technical dogma. Dr. Reddy feels that FUE can minimize overall discomfort for patients and can provide fantastic outcomes on par with the strip harvesting technique, when done right. However, Dr. Reddy admits that FUE can have serious consequences, resulting in poor growth, excessive scarring and a depletion of valuable donor hair in an inexperienced pair of hands.

Dr. Reddy performs manual FUE with the standard Versi handle and punches ranging between .8mm and 1.0mm depending on the size of the follicular unit. Dr. Reddy also applies ACELL to the donor area in order to aid healing and minimize the appearance of scarring.

In Dr. Raghu Reddy's experience, manual follicular unit extraction allows an experienced surgeon to follow the natural emergent angles and aids both depth control and extraction of the follicles while minimizing transection and undue trauma. Dr. Reddy feels that it becomes more difficult to extract quality grafts and that this ability is lost with motorized FUE. Dr. Reddy acknowledges that manual extraction can be extra tedious and time consuming and thus, a significant amount of concentration is required to produce quality grafts with manual devices. To learn more about Dr. Reddy's extraction technique, visit "Improvements in Extraction of Follicles" on his website.

Dr. Raghu Reddy is a member of the ISHRS (International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery), the BSHRS (British Society of Hair Restoration Surgery) and the BMA (British Medical Association).

Given Dr. Reddy's experience and commitment to high quality follicular unit hair transplantation via FUE, I believe that he should be considered for recommendation. See our standards for recommendation.

View some of his patient and surgical photos below:

4703 Grafts over a 2 Day FUE Session with Dr. Reddy

1207 Grafts via FUE with Dr. Reddy

3570 Grafts via FUE in 2 Days with Dr. Reddy

1277 Grafts via FUE with Dr. Reddy

1023 Grafts via FUE with Dr. Reddy

2718 Grafts - FUE Hair Transplant Repair with Dr. Reddy

790 Grafts via FUE on Female Patient with Dr. Reddy

1083 Grafts via FUE with Dr. Reddy

2307 Grafts via FUE with Dr. Reddy

1203 Grafts - FUE Hair Transplant Repair with Dr. Reddy

1207 Grafts on Afro Caribbean Norwood 4 with Dr. Reddy

2698 Grafts via FUE with Dr. Reddy

1407 Grafts via FUE to the Crown with Dr. Reddy

2370 Grafts via FUE with Dr. Reddy

1109 Grafts (3106 Hairs) via FUE - Female Injury Patient with Dr. Reddy

I welcome input and comments from forum members regarding his potential recommendation.

Good work, UK patients really need a solid FUE doctor besides Farjo who mostly perform FUT. Many of UK patients are travelling abroad because of that so Dr. Raghu Reddy is the right man for the job. His name sounds Indian though...

However London is bloody expensive, I wonder how much he charges per graft?

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

He definitely has my support! Good luck, Dr. Reddy!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Forgot to add, he isn't afraid to work on various ethnicities, women(usually Docs recommend FUT for females) and people who have sustained facial and/or scalp injuries/burns.

I've been impressed by many of the posted results so far. Looks a worthy addition.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

I guess there are surgeons that offer the same (or higher) quality for a (much) cheaper price, but the results seem to be quite solid, also he has got numerous very good results on his homepage, so I would definitely welcome him on here!

@Hariri: The price depends on "size of the session, nature of the hair, areas and density that needs to be addressed" according to the user "KR", that is representing him here. I asked in which ranges the price can be, and the answer was that the "average" price is about 6 GBP, which currently is over 9 USD (!)

And if that`s the average price, then what`s the price on the upper end of the range?!? 12, 13 dollars??

That`s my point, I simply think he charges way too much.

Whoever is able and wants to afford that rate, I would not advise him not to go with Dr. Reddy, because I think the quality is very good, and that`s what counts in the end.

Edited by Questionmark

Yes.

Being from the UK I can confirm he keeps a relatively low profile - no silly marketing, just the way it should be.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

YES! Just please take the logo in the pictures he posts and put them in the bottom somewhere!!!!! Not in the middle of the pic~!

I do apologize about the logo being in the middle. It was placed there by our IT team because of copiright reasons. Logo position on all photos is gradually being changed on our website and new results that we post will be with the new logo.

I represent Dr. Raghu Reddy

Dr. Raghu Reddy is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network.

Hi guys. Does anyone know how much Dr. Reddy charge per graft please? His work looks good.

Whoever is able and wants to afford that rate, I would not advise him not to go with Dr. Reddy, because I think the quality is very good, and that`s what counts in the end.

Questionmark,

Did you mean to say "I would advise him to go with Dr. Reddy" instead of "I would not advise him to go with Dr. Reddy"? The "not" doesn't seem to make sense in the above context.

Best,

Bill

He has a high level of skill and his fue stands out as exceptional.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

The results posted by the doc look good. But, are there any results posted by patients at all? Personally, I would rely on the results posted by patients for judging a doctors quality. It has been only a couple of weeks since we started seeing results from Dr. Reddy. Should we wait for some more time and see more patient results, including gradual progress, for recommending him?

Hi Bill,

I think I wrote "I would NOT advise him NOT to go with Dr. Reddy", so that`s a double negative, resulting in a positive, at least according to my intention and understanding in that specific syntatical context.

You`re right it would have made no sense, as I expressed my support in regards to the recommendation of Dr. Reddy in the same post.

I think his fue work has been pretty solid. The uk is starting to become a pretty good place to get a HT now, who would of thought that a couple of yrs ago :P

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

I guess there are surgeons that offer the same (or higher) quality for a (much) cheaper price, but the results seem to be quite solid, also he has got numerous very good results on his homepage, so I would definitely welcome him on here!

@Hariri: The price depends on "size of the session, nature of the hair, areas and density that needs to be addressed" according to the user "KR", that is representing him here. I asked in which ranges the price can be, and the answer was that the "average" price is about 6 GBP, which currently is over 9 USD (!)

And if that`s the average price, then what`s the price on the upper end of the range?!? 12, 13 dollars??

That`s my point, I simply think he charges way too much.

I firmly believe in the fact that what you pay is what you get. The price of 6pound per graft is averaged based on what we charge for afro-carribean patients and non shaven patients and clients requesting to have work done in evenings and weekends.

Though most of our clients are very high profile and request for a lot of anonymity, this needs to be factored in as well. On top of this we have a highly trained and loyal team of technicians who expect to be payed meaningful wages in one of the most expensive cities in the world.

From our extensive experience in this industry no client of ours has chosen a competitor over us for the sake of the price. Becides, Dr Reddy is very emphatetic thowards hair loss sufferers and does his best to be accomodative with the price.

I represent Dr. Raghu Reddy

Dr. Raghu Reddy is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network.

Recommend based on results and ethics. Not price. England is an expensive place and works on a different currency. It would be akin the belgium doctors dropping their price because Turkish doctors charge 2.5euro but labor and overheads etc are cheaper in Turkey. Just my opinion.

Edited by Mickey85

I think his fue work has been pretty solid. The uk is starting to become a pretty good place to get a HT now, who would of thought that a couple of yrs ago :P

Agreed. Dr. Lorenzo and this doctor is giving the UK a big jump in the ht field. There may be a lot less flights to North America for transplants.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I am not sure if we have to take price into consideration to recommend a doctor on this Forum. The quality of his work looks really good to me based on the results presented here and I believe he should be recommended. There are more and less expensive doctors. We decide with whom to go based on other criteria.

An amazing experience (4002 grafts) with Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED Clinic).