4346 FUE Grafts, Dr Bhatti India

Thanks for that great detailed write up. I am having my procedure with the great dr Bhatti in july and plan to document my experience hopefully as informative as yours. Your story relates very closely to my own from the way you felt to the hurdles life seems to place in front of us. I am planning 3500-4000 so not quite as many as what you underwent but still a large procedure for fue. Both procedures will prove hopefully that fue can be used along side fut and still produce good quality results with out any visable scarring.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

24 Days post op

Hi all, here is my latest pictures. Recipient area in the front hairline is still pinkish, however I use Aloe Vera gel, arnica, Emu oil and also witch hazel to reduce redness. I'm shedding grafts, which is normal.

20130616_153710.jpg.a0d05984bffb1c428c2bc4d920985bd3.jpg

20130616_153701.jpg.241c5b99ae2e667c74d58cb580e266c9.jpg

20130616_153618.jpg.a2dcee8fe8a1b0c5cde1c5cf0321f9a5.jpg

20130616_153507.jpg.a62e6f36e3d6c25e17e9151183c82428.jpg

20130616_153338.jpg.37013e87bc6846a73423a91398708177.jpg

20130616_153455.jpg.0f0d64df51739a35677cb1230654d800.jpg

20130616_153414.jpg.9fa3dbb6b7aefe1b1645bd704e587c77.jpg

20130616_153345.jpg.f857e013a035e3d98e87906bd056e72f.jpg

Your mind is like a parachute, it won't work unless you open it.

Looking Good GaelicDawn :-)

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Hi,

Excellent write up, I am considering Dr. Bhatti as well. Do you mind if I ask: You mentioned in your first post that you discussed with the doctor about the hairline and the zig zag pattern but your hairline appears to be completely straight.

Does Dr. Bhatti prefer the straight hairline rather than a zig zag effect that a lot of the other doctors use?

Hi HolyHair, cool name!

Dr Bhatti will design your hair anyway you want it. After discussing with him about 3 times the hairline, i was very satisfied with this natural/straight design over the zig zag style, and it suits me. Over time this will look a lot more natural (Fingers crossed!) His designs are very neat, and good quality. Each to their own :)

Don't be afraid in asking him about this, as i know he would be more than happy to help. Make sure you check out as many HT Surgeons styles as possible, so you have no doubt in what you want.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi HolyHair, cool name!

Dr Bhatti will design your hair anyway you want it. After discussing with him about 3 times the hairline, i was very satisfied with this natural/straight design over the zig zag style, and it suits me. Over time this will look a lot more natural (Fingers crossed!) His designs are very neat, and good quality. Each to their own :)

Don't be afraid in asking him about this, as i know he would be more than happy to help. Make sure you check out as many HT Surgeons styles as possible, so you have no doubt in what you want.

Hey GaelicDawn,

In my case Dr Bhatti chose a zig zag hairline. I would have preferred a straight one like yours. After my surgery I even asked Dr Bhatti on my hairline and he mentioned that he has carefully chosen to make it zig zag to look more natural.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171136-my-hair-transplant-experience-3180-grafts-dr-bhatti.html

As per Doc, I had a limited and fine donor area so I think a conservative hairline was best pick in my case.

On another note, I am 5 day Post Op and I feel an intense pinching and burning sensation in my scalp donor area. Did you experience the same ? How long did it last ?

Also, I see that you did not have any crusts 7 days Post Op. Did you take any special care to remove them ? I have crust/scab all over my recipient area.

Great results man. I am about the same hair loss as you are. One thing I am curious about, do you have to take the propecia? I have has some sides from it and stopped taking it. What will be the difference without it if I get my HT...Thanks for any help.

Hey GaelicDawn,

In my case Dr Bhatti chose a zig zag hairline. I would have preferred a straight one like yours. After my surgery I even asked Dr Bhatti on my hairline and he mentioned that he has carefully chosen to make it zig zag to look more natural.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171136-my-hair-transplant-experience-3180-grafts-dr-bhatti.html

As per Doc, I had a limited and fine donor area so I think a conservative hairline was best pick in my case.

On another note, I am 5 day Post Op and I feel an intense pinching and burning sensation in my scalp donor area. Did you experience the same ? How long did it last ?

Also, I see that you did not have any crusts 7 days Post Op. Did you take any special care to remove them ? I have crust/scab all over my recipient area.

Hi Enternaldenied,

Congratulations on your HT :)

I hope you will be happy with your results, and happy growing.I didn't really have any pain, it was more of a dull numb pain. I stuck to Dr Bhatti's post procedure plan, and made sure sleep correctly every night. The crusts began to fall off after a week as expected, it was a little itchy so they fell off naturally. Don't worry, they will be off soon. It's common to see some hairs coming off too, so don't be alarmed. Make sure you don't pull the crusts off, or interfere with them, gentle washing and shampooing will loosen the crusts, and eventually they will fall off naturally.

jc78

As per my original post, i took propecia (finasteride 1mg) daily before, and resumed this year. I have had no side effects, (touch wood) no pun intended either ;)

Finasteride is good to maintain what you have already, however if you're not comfortable with it, try Minoxidil. and change up your diet. Make sure you're getting enough Omega 3-6-9 Oils, and also eating healthy. Emu oil and Castor oil are good when rubbed into the scalp, and even hot Olive oil. Biotin is a good product that's common for usage for growing and maintaining healthy hair/nails/skin. Speak to your Dr or maybe your HT Dr and they can also recommend alternatives.

Best of luck!

So it's been 5 weeks since my HT with Dr Bhatti. I have lost most of the grafts at this stage, and I have also noticed my donor area being quite itchy from time to time.This is normal, as the nerves are growing again after the surgery. So far so good, however it really is the "ugly duckling phase". Chin up, and keep being busy is all I can do.

My post surgery regime is very simple at the moment.

Morning: Take 1mg Finastride and 1 Biotin 1000mg

2 x week wash hair with Johnsons and Johnsons Baby Shampoo, and use J&J Baby hair oil at night.

Minoxidil 5% 1 a day. ( I usually put this on at night)

I apply Aloe vera gel 1 x day, to my Donor and recipient area's.

So that's it really, i will upload some new photo's later this week. Thanks for all the positive feedback guys :)

Hi just a quick question I have just had a ht on 27/6/2013 with Dr Bhatti and im takeing the finestride and biotin tablets but was wandering when did you start putting on the minoxdy foam as even with putting on the gillete foam im a little scared to touch the area.

Also is it ok to lay on it as sleeping on my back takes some getting used to.

and yours looks like its comeing along great did you just follow the after care guide you were given by Dr Bhatti or did you do anything extra

Yo do you have any preop pics with your hair grown out?

Hi KO,

Yes the first post in this thread have some preop pics before the HT?

Man, I have heard that one shed most of his/her transplanted hairs and then it all grows back but actualy going through it might be scary. I am kind of scared going through the shedding phase. I am 20 days Post Op. Will be watching your thread. keep us posted.

Have you been applying Minoxidil after your HT ? When did you start ? Did you start with 2% first and then went to 5% as Dr Bhatti recommends ?

Do you think Rogaine will be of any help in my case ? I have been on Rogaine 5% solution for past 2+ year with no positive outcome.

Hi just a quick question I have just had a ht on 27/6/2013 with Dr Bhatti and im takeing the finestride and biotin tablets but was wandering when did you start putting on the minoxdy foam as even with putting on the gillete foam im a little scared to touch the area.

Also is it ok to lay on it as sleeping on my back takes some getting used to.

and yours looks like its comeing along great did you just follow the after care guide you were given by Dr Bhatti or did you do anything extra

Congratulations with the HT, and I hope you are satisfied with everything so far. I started using the Minoxidil after 2 weeks, as per the procedure. I used some of the swabs Dr Bhatti gave me to apply the Foam to the grafts gently. So have the hair wet, and then apply the foam gently spreading it around the transplanted area. Use the bottles provided, and ler the water flow gently and wash the hair. It might be a good idea to ask somone to help you wash the foam off. After 7 days your grafts will be "locked down", so they won't be popping out, unless you decide to forcefully pull them, which you wont I hope! :)