2nd HT w/ Dr. Konior:Chicago

Once a day? Not sure that's a good idea. Twice a week at most.

Missed that. Agree with Matt. Some people on here have reported that overuse of Nizoral/Ketoconazole has caused excessive shedding. hsrp10 being one of them.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Niz should not be used more than twice a week. That it's pretty harsh lighting and I think the average person will see you as having better hair. It would probably look better styled too. Let it's know how it goes in June.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Thanks for sharing your story. Given the issues you've brought up, have you ever considered using Avodart in lieu of Propecia?

3840 FUT grafts + Acell/PRP with Dr. Jerry Cooley April 17, 2014

And, I'll admit it - I'm trying the Help Hair Shake in my smoothies

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/174893-3-000-fut-my-visit-thursday-april-17-dr-cooley.html

Thanks for sharing your story. Given the issues you've brought up, have you ever considered using Avodart in lieu of Propecia?

No I have not. I always considered only Finasteride and it was the only medication discussed after my HT. I have only read limited information on Avodart but it detours me because of it's increase in adverse side effects the more DHT is blocked. I will discuss it with my Dr. though. Thanks

I'm failing to see where the 4700 grafts made a difference. The pictures look exactly the same.

Usually see a lot better results from Dr. K on here.

I used the same phone in the same lighting in the same room. It is very strong lighting from above the mirror and top of the room. I feel that the pre-op pictures from Dr. Konior will give an accurate before and after snapshot for a final determination. Also it could give an accurate picture of the closure on my donor area which I can conclude is impressive as it is hard to find during a haircut.

did you ever pinpoint the cause for your prolonged post-op shedding? and has it subsided?

HT's provide only a limited amount of coverage, so a prolonged shed unabated can cause density issues.

I'm thinking it was likely the meds or the keto shampoo.

unless you have a serious dandruff/scalp issue where the root cause is a fungus I would not use Keto more than once a week and even less if possible

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

I was reassured that my shedding was normal. It stopped once the finastride dose was increasd. Dr K reassured me that the shed was not out of the norm. Post op was done diligently as well, He noted tat the final result could take 2 more months to call it complete

• 2 months later...

I wanted to give my HT time to get a proper evaluation. I am over 14 months post-op and feel I achieved the 20% density increase goal. I definitely thickened up 12-14 months post-op. I do have some small patchwork I will look to on my frontal right side I have to conceal, but pleased with my overall result. Regimen is still daily minoxidil and Finasteride. Nizoral 1-2x/week

image.jpg.f429709de7239abda91e3028f47faea7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...