17 Days Post-Op - Does sweat/blood pressue from cardio risk damage to grafts?

17 days post-op strip and I'm itching to get back to the gym. planning to do some spinning (stationary cycling) later today.

there won't be much head/neck movement, but does the sweat/increased blood pressure pose a risk to either the grafts or donor site at this point?

My doctor has a very conservative "no activity for 30 days stance", which I'm feeling is a bit overly cautious. Would appreciate hearing anyone's input.

thanks!

At 17 days you can return to cardio workouts. Weightlifting and anything else that can put more pressure on your scar is different from person to person but usually at 17 days is also fine. The grafts themselves will be ok at this point, it's more of a concern for the scar, which could potentially stretch. I'd stay away from crunches, or any activity which stretches or puts pressure on that area for another week.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I would avoid doing any weightlifting that requires you to use accessory muscles in your upper back and neck. I don't see why strict bicep or leg workouts would cause any strain on your scar. Just be careful. At 2 weeks, your grafts are pretty much set, and you shouldn't be able to easily do any damage to them.

If it makes you feel any better, I am dying not being able to work out right now.

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily