4200 FUE with Dr Villnow (800 body hair)

• 1 month later...
I think readers need to understand that this will give this fellow the ability to have a nice buzz cut/shadow and will likely look good consistently cut short.As noted, if he added some SMP it may look even fuller. To get a fullish effect at a buzz cut, for most patients it would take a combination of 10,000-20,000 grafts.

I hope this guy keeps posting photos.

This is an interesting point and I wonder if 10 000-20 000 grafts are really needed to look good with a buzz cut.

Will38's hair, for example, looked pretty good shaved down prior to his transplant with Dr Villnow. He'd only 5000 grafts with Dr De Reys and was previously a NW5/6. This is documented on here.

It will be interesting to see the full results of this too...

• 3 weeks later...
I have put up my 8 month update with my operation with Dr Villnow. Please have a look. I will answer your questions soon. Thank you.

Personally I am grateful for your posting continued follow up photographs.

It is one thing to talk about hair restoration and another to see images of its postive progression.

I think you wrote that you cut your hair in the last images.

I'm wondering why you did that?

Thanks

Please keep us posted

• 2 weeks later...
My chest hair is also pretty fine but he said it changes once it's on the head. It grows longer and thicker than it is on the chest. I've seen this in my hair

eh...?

Cousinr,

Are you sure?

This is jaw-dropping news!

The originator of FUE, the granddaddy of FUE, and the original BHT guy, the unmentionable doc famously said this of BHT,

"What you see is what you get"

In other words, the characteristics of body hair don't change once replanted on the head. Now there had been some discussion that body hair grew longer on the head, and I can't recall, but that doctor may have even contributed to that assumption, but finally anyway, he said it doesn't happen.

And can I ask your thoughts about technicians doing extractions with uni-directional rotary devices?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thought this could do with a bump.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Has anyone heard from cousinr? It would be so interesting to see how the results are now. I'm also really interested in knowing what the scarring is like on the BHT donor site because I feel like I can use some of my chest hair but don't want any spots etc on my chest where hair used to be..

I am wondering why we have not seen any posted pictures of either of these 800+ BHT with a completed result (> 7months). There are of course various reasons for this but it would be reassuring to see a final result that looked as promising as the immediate post op pictures had suggested.