I think I got ripped off

Kirk1963

I have had two surgeries ,1500 grafts each time. I am currently 6 months post op from 2nd surgery. I have the feeling that I will not be getting what I paid for. I don't see the progress happening between now and 12-18 months. Please look at my pics.

5b32d89944b99_securedownload3.jpg.449eb9be5f75bec754d8e119c9af594f.jpg

Kirk,

I can make out the transplanted hair from the native hair.The density is very less.I was wondering how the front looked at 6 months post op after the first session.....And yes you should wait for atleast 2 to 3 months......your case reminded me of mine.I had the same density after my session of 1050 grafts.

I think my hair looks similar to the first 1500 they did. Maybe 20% better... Maybe. Im getting the impression that Im going to have to do this again. I told the doctor that I never wanted to come back after my second session and to do anything necessary to make that happen. I guess he didn't understand what I meant.

The scar is doing just fine. I cant see it at all . I have been using this handheld laser that I use 3 times a week for 15 to "speed up" the process . Not sure if that is helping at all. Im just really pissed because Im limited to 2 hairstyles. Hair forward or wearing a hat. I cant even shave my head because the redness is still present and it looks like Im loosing hair not growing new.

If you had 3000 grafts in total implanted into your frontal third, specifically in the area that looks light in density to the hair behind it , then yes I would say you had very poor growth or did not get 3000 grafts. I think you have cause to be concerned.

I have had two surgeries ,1500 grafts each time.

Kirk...what Norwood level were you before your first surgery?

How old are you?

1500 grafts via FUT is a relatively small surgery by today's standards, especially if you have significant hairloss/balding.

Have all 3000 grafts been placed only in the front?

During your consult did they discuss expectations and explain what they thought 1500 grafts were going to provide as far as your goals?

I would be patient, don't panic, in a few more months you'll

have a better feel....but I'm afraid 1500 may not be the big

difference maker you expect.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Hello,

I have read your messages and am concerned, as I have an appt. with these guys in a couple of months. Your feedback??

Tim

Tim,

You have an appointment for a consultation or an appointment for surgery? If it's an appointment for a consultation, then this is likely a good thing. Most recommend undergoing several consultations before selecting a surgeon.

Or are you saying that this is a surgery appointment and that you aren't ready? If not, why? Are you able to talk to the clinic and resolve these issues? Any questions we can help answer?

Let us know!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I have surgical appt. in July. I have read a bit about Colorado Hair Institute on your threads and also spoken with several patients that have had procedures done by them, some good but too soon after procedure and a couple not so good. Such as young Dr. who doesn't know too much, Director is spokes person but not real reliable as he doesn't perform procedures, done by techs who are inexperienced, everyone is told 1500 grafts no matter what their Norwood rating, what is the deal???

I have surgical appt. in July. I have read a bit about Colorado Hair Institute on your threads and also spoken with several patients that have had procedures done by them, some good but too soon after procedure and a couple not so good. Such as young Dr. who doesn't know too much, Director is spokes person but not real reliable as he doesn't perform procedures, done by techs who are inexperienced, everyone is told 1500 grafts no matter what their Norwood rating, what is the deal???

You really have to be as assured as possible that the clinic you are going to let operate on your head is one you have the utmost confidence in. Everybody has second thoughts going in but it sounds as if you have more concerns than normal. If you have doubts about this place and then they do shoddy work you will be kicking yourself for it. Take a step back and rethink it.

Wow. I hope you haven't put any money down, but be ready to walk away if you need to. If you're finding anything negative like that about YOUR surgeon and nothing positive yet, why are you considering them? Location? In my quest, I personally made a point to exhaust the internet for any negative reviews of my surgeon of choice, (Dr. Konior) before making the appointment. These surgeries are permanent, good or bad.

If you're willing to fly on a plane for a wedding/holiday/vacation, you should be willing to fly somewhere for a hair transplant.

Sam Spade

View my HT photo album

Very satisfied customer of Dr. Konior, Chicago

FUT, 3950 grafts, June 2012

Message me if you have any questions regarding my experience or Dr. K.