My first hair transplant in Perth, DR Jennifer Martinick

Rothki

Lol, i wish i had a small head, i was told i have a large head :o

Upload from this weekend. hair is looking much better, but i need to go back again to get another lot done, so I'm not so thin on the crown :)

Nobody with that high of a hairline has a straight hair line, it just doesn't happen. It seems like your surgeon didn't measure your face rather slap the dimension, and give you a high hairline. It should be much lower to restore a more natural look while being conservative at the same time. The surgeon went overboard, their is a hairline but it is detracted by the asymmetry and imbalance of the facial thirds which is common knowledge in the practitioner of cosmetic surgery.

I wish you the best, all though I believe it looks like their was work down opposed to the natural appearance we strive for.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nobody with that high of a hairline has a straight hair line, it just doesn't happen. It seems like your surgeon didn't measure your face rather slap the dimension, and give you a high hairline. It should be much lower to restore a more natural look while being conservative at the same time. The surgeon went overboard, their is a hairline but it is detracted by the asymmetry and imbalance of the facial thirds which is common knowledge in the practitioner of cosmetic surgery.

I wish you the best, all though I believe it looks like their was work down opposed to the natural appearance we strive for.

so what would your recommendation be for a further hair transplant in regards to the hair line? more of a v shape

Well for one, he was already doing a pretty good number of grafts, and secondly, this was his first HT (I believe), so he didn't even know if it would grow or not - it's usually best to do a small-to-medium size HT first, I think, or you risk wasting a lot of donor follicles, getting a scar for no reason, still ending up bald

That being said, a second procedure of roughly the same size (now that it obvious works great) would thicken the hair in general, and could certainly lower the hairline.

What are you talking about??

I see what he's talking about with the facial thirds thing, he's referring to a concept of vertical balance. I doubt any regular lay-person is going to criticize anyone over that kind of thing though, and it's really not that big a deal.

He gets it

@ OP

Yeah for future surgery id get the hairline lowered a tad bit. 1000-1500 grafts or so should do the trick.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking good, Rothki. Let 'em grow! As usual, I certainly appreciate the update!

My opinions are based on my beliefs and are simply my own. I am one representative of the WHTC clinic.

Free Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

Brussels, Belgium - Available

London, United Kingdom - Available

Zurich, Switzerland - Available

Bologna, Italy - Available

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • Administrators
Just a quick update, i am still very happy with the way my hair transplant has gone.

Defiantly considering doing a top up in the next few years and hopefully the cost goes down a little

Have you ever considered going to Turkey? I'm seriously considering it, the price and quality is good.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Great job, I personally think the hair-line is good, this thing about breaking the facial dimensions into thirds

is dubious in my opinion how many people have totally symmetrical proportions ?

The way to judge a hair transplant is the before and after of each patient and with you, you look great it's a success, simple as .