My first hair transplant in Perth, DR Jennifer Martinick

Rothki

Just over a month since the hair transplant, i have been taking 1/8 of a proscar tablet per day, which is bloody hard to cut into 1/8 portions :) but i am managing. Havent noticed any sides yet.

i would say atleast 90% of the transplanted hair has fallen out, but i can see plenty of very small black dots on my head where the hairs should be. My hair at the back of my head hasnt recovered to the same extent that the hair in the centre of my head has, but still it is coming along i guess.

Overall im feeling quite good, the scar on the back has mostly healed and im back to running etc every day now which is good.

IMG_3602.jpg.8f57520b663c09cfa5acfdc9754da4ba.jpg

IMG_3605.jpg.37179c2f9a7bd2877088f9e83956e217.jpg

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

DHT is a pretty important thing, it is what makes us men well Men!

Wait, wha..? No, testosterone is the chemical that makes us men; dihydro-testosterone is the corrupted form of testosterone that makes our hair fall out. In some extremely rare cases, finasteride seems to reduce the regular testosterone in men along with the DHT, but in most guys it simply reduces the DHT and leaves the testosterone alone, like it's supposed to.

I'm currently working out about every other day, and taking a testosterone booster as well as a lot of zinc and magnesium (which help to create and maintain testosterone), and the fin is still keeping the DHT at bay and not affecting me sexually or otherwise.

Well, if I were you, I'd stay on the fin and just forget about your hair for the next couple of months; focus on work, relationships, your current video-game or sports obsession, or whatever, and before you know it you'll be sprouting hairs like a Chia Pet!

That's a good start Rothki-

And if I were you, I'd seriously consider bumping your Fin intake to the RECOMMENDED daily dosage of at least 1mg (1/4 of a tablet). You're not benefitting as much from your current intake....and worse case scenario.....if you increase your dosage and notice bad side effects (rare), then you can discontinue?! It doesn't cause irreversible damage or anything........just a thought?!

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

• 2 months later...

Wassup boys and girls! well the hair is starting to come through now. I have had a mate cut my hair a few times, just to keep it all the same length, so i have uploaded some pics of it a few weeks after giving it a number 1.

Hair Restoration Journal for rothki - Just over 3 months after transplant!

Let me know what you think.

Cheers

Tom

Hey Man, I am from Western Australia too...I went overseas for my procedure but what are Ms Martinicks prices like? I have seen her ads on TV over here.

I paid 14k and if it does work out as well as it is looking then I think it is well worth it. Howmuch did you pay and what stage are you up to?

I paid 5,000 over in Thailand, fairly happy with results. Got some fillers to do but i go to the hairdressers regularly and get a cut etc. Word of warning though...unless you get work done on the scar area you cant prob go much shorter than a 4 around the scar area due t visibility issues.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

well coming up for 7 months and here we are. Been playing around with my hair styles and have decided I'm going to rock the undercut and see how i go with time! dispite the scar and still slightly thin on top. I have posted up some pictures, with and without wax in my hair

Let me know what you think

Cheers

Tom

DSCF1376.jpg.cd491c0c4e708029fe58473e2fc151c5.jpg

DSCF1416.jpg.dbe5766dfb55faa11de9dec770eb3049.jpg

DSCF1447.jpg.9ea1a6d7236acdac87ed679a1d561394.jpg

Bro, and I mean this with the utmost respect. Just say no to that cut. Like meth....not even once. That is just my opinion.

Your hair sees pretty unmanageable so I can see how it may be difficult to figure out what would work. Even without the scar, it doesn't look professional. Maybe if you were a pro-skater, or a tattoo artist it may fly, but if you do any type of serious business, you would seriously stand out. Sorry not to support you, its just a bit of tough love.

That said, it really is whatever makes YOU happy, and YOU confident. My comments are just an opinion and does not mean that they are right for everyone.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

haha no worries mate, i am trying it out at the moment, and if i end up with enough hair i would like to end up with something like marcel nguyen. There was nothing professional about this cut either, it was cut by my mate, and in no way is he a hairdresser :) keep up with the comments anyway always good to get peoples opinions.

cheers

Tom

I agree with spanker. However I do envy your gigantic balls to rock that hair style, scar and all lol!!

Cheers mate! i will keep on updating this, hopefully as my hair grows it should become a mix between Macklemore and Marcel Nguyen's hair styles.. Hopefully if it turns out thick enough

Rothki,

In terms of assessing the results, the donor zone is the only area that attracts my attention. I would bet that a hand full of grafts (60 FUE grafts) would significantly camouflage the linear scar if you are going to keep it short on the back and sides.

I think that your hair looks much better after the procedure and is definitely much thicker. For me, I am entertaining the idea that you could influence some of us to feel a bit jealous. You can only style your hair if you have it. To have undergone a procedure, incite the critical opinions of others, and be in the position to wear your hair differently out of fun shows respectable intent to say the least. You are only a warrior in my book if you have the confidence to try something different. Establishing real swagger isn't easy for anyone, much less for individuals who have suffered from significant hair loss. You should be able to do whatever it is that you want to do.

Wear it proudly as if you’ve never had it, Rothki.

New - London consultations with Dr. Patrick Mwamba - Sat., Feb. 15th, 2014

101 FIT grafts into linear scar

lvph.jpg

My opinions are based on my beliefs and are simply my own. I am one representative of the WHTC clinic.

Free Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

Brussels, Belgium - Available

London, United Kingdom - Available

Zurich, Switzerland - Available

Bologna, Italy - Available

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians