How many grafts is here transplanted?

Hello everyvone,

I have a question about the number of grafts which I transplanted...

What do you think, how many grafts is here transplanted? Because, I have a few friends who told me that this is less number of grafts than I realy paid for transplantation.....

For a few days, I will post more pictures of my progress...

Thank you.

Here is a few pictures:

5b32d894702c8_day1_donorvertex.jpg.fa1f2740ccefdef829c5feb3dea65964.jpg

day2_front.jpg.b466b32db7c5162953014819af07368a.jpg

day5_top.jpg.e10576c27443ece90bbe9924c0e5bbcf.jpg

day10_top.jpg.d2feb159f244693774c97073d11eb0f4.jpg

Looks terrible, but everything is ok....For now, I have a early growth... but, what you think? How man grafts is here transplanted?

You can find donor picture after 30 day in attachment... as you can see, everything is ok with my donor area after transplant... There is no thinning donor hair... only redness..

I don't know which density is here... and also I don't know how many grafts is transplanted on hairline, how many on vertex, I only know total amount of grafts... But no one of my friends didn't tell me the exact number of transplanted grafts...

Other pictures I will post in another thread under Patient photos forum....

day30_back.jpg.ca1dfef07957ef93403a4b3ef0e05e3a.jpg

6000 euros in Turkey...

I will wait for other members for amount of grafts and then after few days I will write how many grafts they told me in clinic that they transplanted.... also, I will post more pictures, name of doctor/clinic....

Maybe, this also can help for determine number of transplanted grafts...

I am curious about the number of grafts....

IMAG0241.jpg.623d8b5163d1abfed96b677187d5433d.jpg

Haha I asked how MANY not MUCH did you pay for!!! but 6000 euros if above 2500 grafts is cheap and I'd imagine its slot above that number!! Man your donor looked brutal, glad it's all healed nice!! And good luck, in sure it will grow on nice!!!!

I don't know how many but it looks like too many!

I'll go for 4500-5000.

2500-3000 implanted in the front and 2000 at the back.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

No one is really going to be able to accurately tell you how many grafts you received either from a picture or in person. You could tell us how many grafts you were charged for and we could tell you if it sounds about right. Also if you tell us who your doctor was we can tell you if they are generally regarded as ethical, in which case you would have no reason to question what was charged

The problem is that no one can tell me the exact number of grafts, and after transplantation in the clinic they didn't told me how many grafts they transplanted... next day after trasplantation , I asked for number of grafts, but they didn't sure about the number of grafts, they told me only approximately...

I paid 6000 euros for 4000 grafts, so, is here about 4000 grafts? I know that some forum members knows the exact number of transplanted grafts like 1919 or 3270..., but I know only approximately... this is a little wierd for me because in clinic they didn't know how much they transplanted...

Edited by hairmatek

The problem is that no one can tell me the exact number of grafts, and after transplantation in the clinic they didn't told me how many grafts they transplanted... next day after trasplantation , I asked for number of grafts, but they didn't sure about the number of grafts, they told me only approximately...

I paid 6000 euros for 4000 grafts, so, is here about 4000 grafts? I know that some forum members knows the exact number of transplanted grafts like 1919 or 3270..., but I know only approximately... this is a little wierd for me because in clinic they didn't know how much they transplanted...

Did they do the procedure in one day? I kinda looks like they extracted more than 4000 grafts, especially when you compare the donor area to say, for example, a Bisanga extraction pattern.

Maybe because they were working at such a breakneck speed a lot of grafts were damaged.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

It's very concerning that the clinic can't give you an exact number of transplanted grafts, no clinic worth a damn is going to give you a rough estimate of the grafts you received they will tell you exactly how many grafts you received and the break down of the number of 1, 2, 3 hair grafts. Who was your doctor?

It's impossible to tell how many grafts you had looking at the photos, but it does look like they may have reached 4000 due to the appearance of the donor area.

It really is strange that your doctor can't tell you. They should have a record of exactly how many grafts were transplanted and how many hairs were in each graft. For example 569 single hair grafts, 1954 double hair grafts, etc.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

I was going to say around 4000 or so grafts, maybe a little less, looks about right. 1700-2000 in the front and then around 2000 packed not as dense in your crown. Just by looking at the back of your head I would have guessed many more. My concern is that they took grafts from a very large area on the back of your head. The traditional safe zone to grab grafts from is fairly well defined and this looks to be a bit outside of it, although Dr. Umar uses nape hairs and has had success. That plus the fact that they didn't have a count system set up would give me reason to feel a bit uneasy as well.

They have to know the exact number of grafts extracted, and how many hairs each graft contained, how else will they know how many recipient incisions to make and what size those incisions should be?

It looks to me that you had a LOT more extracted than were inplanted into the recipient area, in my opinion a lot of your grafts were binned, either because they were transected or they didn't want to put them in for some reason or another.

• 1 month later...