HT Surgeons in the Philadelphia Area

Hello all! I've just joined and this seems like a great place for information and especially for recommendations so ... can anyone recommend a hair transplant surgeon in the Philadelphia area? I came across Ziering and they seemed great, but when I tried to make an appointment for a consultation I was contacted by someone at Nu Hart. It seems that they merged and Ziering is primarily on the West Coast of the US and Nu Hart is on the East Coast of the US. I have a consultation with Nu Hart, but after reading some of the reviews on here, I'm not hopeful about it at all. It seems that the closest recommended doctors on the site are in or just outside NYC. I'd really rather someone more local, if possible. So any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you!

Hello all! I've just joined and this seems like a great place for information and especially for recommendations so ... can anyone recommend a hair transplant surgeon in the Philadelphia area? I came across Ziering and they seemed great, but when I tried to make an appointment for a consultation I was contacted by someone at Nu Hart. It seems that they merged and Ziering is primarily on the West Coast of the US and Nu Hart is on the East Coast of the US. I have a consultation with Nu Hart, but after reading some of the reviews on here, I'm not hopeful about it at all. It seems that the closest recommended doctors on the site are in or just outside NYC. I'd really rather someone more local, if possible. So any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you!

Welcome!

First off - change your profile avatar. Not that it's illegal or wrong, but it's really confusing since other power users on the forum use that. #personalrequest

Secondly, don't go to a hair surgeon because they're local. It's probably the worst basis for any cosmetic surgery. No surgeons are alike and don't forget, they're going to cut into your head and alter it forever, so you want them to be nothing short of amazing right? Expect to fly to the surgeon. The flight and hotel cost is nowhere near the cost of the surgery so it shouldn't at all be a hinderance.

I'm not aware of Hair Transplant companies, only surgeons by name. Others might have information on that. My favorites that i've seen on here are Dr. Konior, Hasson and Wong, and Dr. Rahal. There are some more that others will recommend. Good luck!

Sam Spade

View my HT photo album

Very satisfied customer of Dr. Konior, Chicago

FUT, 3950 grafts, June 2012

Message me if you have any questions regarding my experience or Dr. K.

Hi Curls,

Take a look at our recommended hair transplant physicians.

Feel free to ask any necessary questions!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Thinningcurls,

Welcome to our forum community. At this time, we don't recommend any physicians local to Philadelphia. Frankly, I think it's time this community does some more research in finding a quality physician in PA. After all, PA (Philadelphia area) is my home state :-).

While we don't currently recommend any physicians in Pennsylvania, we do recommend several outstanding surgeons in the surrounding areas including New York, Maryland, Virginia and New Jersey. Feel free to use our map feature to learn more about each physician we recommend in each area including viewing examples of their results (photos and videos and testimonials). To see how this community recommends hair transplant surgeons, visit the discusison topic "How We Recommend Hair Transplant Surgeons".

Best wishes,

Bill