Dr. Raymond Konior 3500 Grafts FUT

I had my hair transplant done by Dr. Raymond Konior last month. I am 32 and have been thinning on the top for almost 7-8 years now.

I tried some herbal hair treatment but in vain. So please don't waste your time on that. I did not try any FDA approved hair treatment.

Since I live in Chicago, it was easier for me to schedule consultation with Dr. Konior. I wanted to meet the other two top surgeons in Chicago as well but after talking to Dr. Konior and seeing the results on his website and reading all the positive reviews on the forums gave me the comfort that he is the man for the job.

Dr. Konior is a true professional and upfront in telling me that he will be able to cover the front and the scalp in one session and I might need another session if I wanted to cover the crown. I was fine with this approach. He also mentioned that I have really good hair quality and a very good candidate for hair transplant surgery.

Comes the day of the surgery. Everything went as planned. Dr. Konior and I sat down and decided that we are not going to lower the hairline. He thought it was fine and age appropriate. I thought so too. He is a very funny guy but once he gets his game face on he is all business.

I was on Valium and time flew. I remember probably only 30-40% of what went on that day. I took bathroom breaks and the Doctor and his staff made sure I was okay for the entire 12 hrs I was there.

After the surgery I was told that they were able to get 3500 grafts. I still need to get the graft breakup and pre op pics. I will upload that information as soon as I get them.

I have been healing well. It was been two weeks since the surgery and my staples and sutures were removed on Day 5 and Day 11 respectively.

I will be updating this space regularly. In the meantime if anyone has any questions about Konior or planning a trip to Chicago and needs assistance please let me know.

Pre-Op.jpeg.0517ba5f8c281220bf92c5bf96ff3ef5.jpeg

HT_Day1.jpeg.c059c23b3cc6c0e2fcfe81f40507e79f.jpeg

HT2_Day1.jpeg.879a565cdbb3907c98f754ef3a60d8d4.jpeg

HT3_Day7.jpeg.809e846e2f24b36848b2bde6e1129730.jpeg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats!! Dr Konior is probably my favorite HT surgeon that I've seen. Everything he produces amazes me! I'm sure your results will be great!

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

Welcome to the Konior Klub. We're a happy brethren of transformed mates. I'm really happy to see you had a great surgery are healing quickly. It must be his precision and experience that makes for quick and painless healing since it seems to be one of his trademarks. You're right too that he's a really funny guy but once he's in work mode he's completely driven and obsessed with giving you the hair of your dreams.

He's pretty inspiring to anyone who is a self-employed business owner like myself.

Here's a sneak peek at what the long wait might have to offer...

My Konior Trophy

Keep growin and showin.

Sam Spade

View my HT photo album

Very satisfied customer of Dr. Konior, Chicago

FUT, 3950 grafts, June 2012

Message me if you have any questions regarding my experience or Dr. K.

What i find interesting about Konior is that his work posted on here is much better than what is on his website. I've seen amazing stuff on here but his website does not impress me. Anyway, just a random note. I'm sure your work will turn out fantastic. He is one of the best.

What i find interesting about Konior is that his work posted on here is much better than what is on his website. I've seen amazing stuff on here but his website does not impress me. Anyway, just a random note. I'm sure your work will turn out fantastic. He is one of the best.

True, his site needs an update of more current work and probably an update in general. I think they're working on it behind the scenes.

Sam Spade

View my HT photo album

hairicome and samspade, do either of you have pics of your scar??

I'll take some pics and post it on my thread as well and let you know.

Sam Spade

View my HT photo album

Congrats on your procedure! What is going on there in the first inch or so of hairline? For some reason my comp won't allow me to enlarge these pics so I can't get a closer look, but it looks as if there are no grafts in that area. Am I seeing things?

He is a very funny guy but once he gets his game face on he is all business.

I was on Valium and time flew. I remember probably only 30-40% of what went on that day. I took bathroom breaks and the Doctor and his staff made sure I was okay for the entire 12 hrs I was there.

He's certainly not a "Sit back and watch this Home Alone 4 Bluray while I do this" kind of guy!

Looks great so far.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Congrats on your procedure! What is going on there in the first inch or so of hairline? For some reason my comp won't allow me to enlarge these pics so I can't get a closer look, but it looks as if there are no grafts in that area. Am I seeing things?

No you are not seeing things. :) If you look at my Pre Op pic that area is pretty dense and he said that hair in that part will stay no matter what. So he just outlined it with few single grafts to match the rest of the hairline and left out that inch.

He's certainly not a "Sit back and watch this Home Alone 4 Bluray while I do this" kind of guy!

Looks great so far.

Thanks Matt,

I see that you have a procedure scheduled with him as well. Yes as Tom had been saying the surgery is the easiest part and that is so true. It was a breeze.

Today I complete exactly two weeks and I already feel great!.

So do you live in Chicago?

Thanks Matt,

I see that you have a procedure scheduled with him as well. Yes as Tom had been saying the surgery is the easiest part and that is so true. It was a breeze.

Today I complete exactly two weeks and I already feel great!.

So do you live in Chicago?

I'm in the UK. All booked up and just waiting for the day to come.

Were you hoping to get more than 3500 grafts?

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Were you hoping to get more than 3500 grafts?

Nice man, Chicago is beautiful in August. Let me know if you need any assistance.

After seeing my average donor density we were targeting around 3700-3800. But managed to get around 3516-3518 not sure of the exact count.

Even with 3500 he was able to get a good coverage because I did not have to lower my hairline.

No you are not seeing things. :) If you look at my Pre Op pic that area is pretty dense and he said that hair in that part will stay no matter what. So he just outlined it with few single grafts to match the rest of the hairline and left out that inch.

Ok got it. That's is unusual I don't think I've ever seen something like that before. Good luck with your recovery, Dr. K is among the best in the biz I'm sure you will be thrilled with the outcome.

Ok got it. That's is unusual I don't think I've ever seen something like that before.

Yeah I was surprised too. But I had to go with his opinion because surgeons as experienced as him have seen enough scalps to know when the chances of progression between the stable/unstable zone are high and when they are low.

Thanks again , I will keep this space updated with my progress.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Just wanted to give an update to everyone on my progress. Today is exactly 4 weeks since my HT and I must say that I have been healing pretty well so far. I guess I can attribute that to good surgeon, following post op instructions as closely as possible, healthy diet and post op medicine regime.(http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/170695-post-hair-transplant-meds-regime.html)

I started work two weeks ago and I haven't had anyone ask me about my HT. I just buzzed my hair short and kept my hair little longer over the scar. My barber did a pretty good job so I will have to give credit it to him. If anyone is seeking a good barber in Chicago, checkout Hair Mechanic in Wicker Park.

I have stopped looking into the mirror as much. After a certain point you just don't care.

I haven't started working out yet. I am planning to slowly ease into it starting tomorrow. I still fell some tightness at the back of my head from time to time.

Advice to future HT seekers:

1) Try to take off at least two weeks from work. First two weeks will be painful with swelling, pains from staples. After two weeks once your sutures and staples are out you will feel much, much better

2) After two weeks once your sutures, staples are removed, buzz you hair short and use DermiMatch to blend in the scar with your hair color and you will be fine.

3) Get a 'I don't give a $%#@' attitude about how your hair looks like when you go out. Because you know in next 6 months you will look much better

I am attaching my pictures:

Graft Break Down:

Total:3516

1119 singles,

1959 doubles

438 triples.

*Note: Somehow the PDF I uploaded is not view-able. Any ideas, what might be going on?

HT_Progress.pdf

Edited by hairIcome

I'll take some pics and post it on my thread as well and let you know.

Have you posted pics yet of the scar? Not seeing many konior patients posting pics of their scars. I think scar visibility is a very important part of the final results of a fut ht, and should be properly journaled in the patient blogs and physician before/after galleries.

OP, based on these photos looks like you've suffered some real shock loss. You are only 1 month out, so not the best time to judge the resuls. Happy growth

Jingleall the way. I will try to post the Pictures of the scar as promised. It's harder to take the scar pics by yourself.

About the shockloss, I think I haven't experienced much shockloss. Others can chime in too.

If you compare my one month post-op pictures to my Pre-Op photos, you should be able to see that all my existing hair is coming back gradually, given the fact it was shaved down, I think it's a pretty good progress.

I posted pics of my scar as best I could on my HT thread.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/167017-spankers-2-110-graft-fut-dr-konior-20.html

Looking good OP. I will be tracking your progress.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 4 weeks later...

Today is exactly 2 months since my HT with Dr. Konior. At this point all my existing hair has grown out. One of the advantages of being in the hands of a skill surgeon is that your shock loss is minimized to it's maximum.

Growth: I do see some transplanted hair sprouting especially along the hair line. I am sure they are sprouting in the scalp too but since they are really minute it's hard to see them.

Scar: Scar is healing well but there is still some redness. I used Dermimatch to hide it in the first month but it doesn't bother me anymore and I have stopped using it.

I am attaching pictures of PreOp, Immediate PostOp and taken today.

Pre_Op1.jpg.af03c15156571cef0d62886b53492e17.jpg

Immediate_Post_Op.jpg.511d5cfac11008707c038077e7bf3fcd.jpg

2months1.jpg.8a6874941d90df70d62011b7ea632faf.jpg

2months2.jpg.b0c8ad9f5da876127d19c5d231ca75bd.jpg

5b32d94b9c848_photo3.jpg.3546bde19d7958e077cc27509f722bdb.jpg

5b32d94ba8a47_photo4.jpg.426fe495bf94499f248d06f11da7ab1b.jpg

Scar.jpg.ef43cd381c1bfad2ef325f872d207190.jpg

Nice. Looking good for 2 months hairIcome!! Going to be a great result in the skilled hands of Dr. Konior. Are you taking supplements/Rogaine to help "speed" the growth process at all? I was an early sprouter too, so am just curious......

Congrats on your 60 day milestone........

Most everything else from this point is fun, as you get to start watching things GROW!!

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

Nice. Looking good for 2 months hairIcome!! Going to be a great result in the skilled hands of Dr. Konior. Are you taking supplements/Rogaine to help "speed" the growth process at all? I was an early sprouter too, so am just curious......

Congrats on your 60 day milestone........

Most everything else from this point is fun, as you get to start watching things GROW!!

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.