Hi Friends,

I am all set mentally to have a hair transplant surgey now. I have been doing some research so far and have got little confused about going for FUT or FUE. Although I am in UK now, but I will be getting my transplantation done in India. I am posting few pics here. Can someone suggest which method is going to be better option for me. Also it would be good to know if there are any other good doctors in India apart from Dr Madhu. Thanks for your opinion in advance.

-Thanks

MJHT

Untitled.jpg.4a725560c5eb18b22172b02f54d7dee1.jpg

Untitled1.jpg.210c3078ee5852ea6d4399555dab3bff.jpg

Greetings.

It depends what you want to achieve from the transplant and how important it is for you to have the option of shaving your hair down closely in the future.

You have a lot of loss so for now you should be thinking about taking finasteride and minoxidil to see if you can regrow or stop the loss.

Itlooks like you need about 4000+ grafts to cover the front half of your head with a new hairline. I'd forget about the crown for the time being.

FUE you might only get 3000-3500 grafts in one session and may have to go back again after, and of course shave your head for both procedures.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Thanks for reply Matt.

I would definitely like to have an option of shaving my head considering that HT might not turn out very well. I knew I am gonna need more grafts and hence decided to have it India, did not expect it to be as high as 4000+ though. I am on Minoxidil 5% for past 3 years now. I was using it twice a day till 6 months back and now its once a day. I am just 28 and have lost these many hair in past 6 years which seems quite fast rate. I have realistic expectations and feel HT should do enough for me to have a natural looking hairline from front. I can use coumofalge fibres, etc for crown part. What do you say which part should I get grafts on? Thanks

You've established this much :

3500 absolute minimum that's needed

India

Want to be comfortable shaving down in future (meaning FUE)

II think Dr Bhatti is your man.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

Apart from me looking to have option of shaving my head in future, isnt there any other parameter to decide between FUE and FUT considering my pattern of baldness. I am inclined towards FUE as I have come to know the it gives less density but better and natural look. Could anyone please suggest looking at pics I posted in previous posts. Thanks

Apart from me looking to have option of shaving my head in future, isnt there any other parameter to decide between FUE and FUT considering my pattern of baldness. I am inclined towards FUE as I have come to know the it gives less density but better and natural look. Could anyone please suggest looking at pics I posted in previous posts. Thanks

I don't think FUT or FUE has got anything to do with the results or density, results can be the same with both it is the extracting method that seperates both of them the implanting method is the same with both so how can the result be different for both finally it depends on the skill and expertise of the Doctor doing it as the results can vary based on how he does it rather then what methodology he uses it.

The main concern for you between FUE and strip is going to be the maximum amount of grafts you are going to be able to get over your lifetime. With many clinics pushing the FUE envelope you will most likely be able to get the same amount of grafts in your first procedure. However if you plan on having more procedures down the line you will not be able to get as many grafts going the FUE route as you would going the strip route.

Is your hair at the back thick and dense?

Being 28 I would be hesitant to have a HT if you are not on finasteride / Propecia, especially with the amount of loss you're experiencing. If you are in good health I would definately suggest giving it a go. You may get heaps of regrowth which could reduce your required grafts by hundreds if not thousands.

If you have really good donor hair I'd think about covering an area as attached below. I think asians can get away with a lower density due to less skin-hair colour contrast so 4000 grafts might do it. I'm no expert!

I think India is decent enough for Strip surgery (Dr Radha) but not so good for FUE. Bhatti comes across as a bit too gung-ho for my liking!

One other thing. Maybe try shaving your head now. See if you like it or not.

untitled.png.20ed2e57d9045ab86335a8752be1cdea.png

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

The best thing you could do at this point to help you decide would be get an in person consult with a doc There are many more good strip clinics than there are fue clinics. In your case since you haven't decided which method you want, you might benefit from narrowing your search at least initially to clinics who are good at both. Since you are in UK, check out some of the docs in Belgium. For some reason, good fue docs are concentrated there.

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

Dr. Bhatti in my opinion is far better than Madhu. Especially when it comes to FUE. Check him out, he is under the name of DARLING BUDS clinic or you can go to Dr. Koray Erdogan in Istanbul which is somehow in Asia as well and isn't strict to get a VISA. Stay away from strips as its old fashioned now and very invasive.

Bhatti and Erdogan both have very reasonable prices. However if you want super quality then Belgium is the place to be in especially Dr. Bisanga.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

thanks the opinion Matt.....Forunately hair loss is only heath problem I have :), so I am ok to be on Propecia. I am on minoxidil 5% for past 3 years and was prescribed Saw Palmitano, which I know has got no proven results, by a renowened clinic. I will defeinitely explore and try propecia

I am under impression that I have a good donor area.....here is the pic anyways. I tried shaving my head couple of times, it wasnt that bad but I do not want to stay sahved head for lifetime.

DSC_0419.jpg.99eac37e2eb6a84bea6e6681bfe60dff.jpg

Thanks Levrais and Hariri,

I have heard that FUE is good in Belgium. I will explore other options somehow I feel that Indian doctors have performed enough surgeries now to get the requried level of expertese, I am just being biased here.....I would start looking for Belgium as an option.

Also before going to Belgium, Have a look at Dr. Koray Erdogan in Istanbul Turkey. His work is great. Check out his results on Belli Capelli Forum. They are outstanding and he charges around EURO 2.5 per graft which is a bit higher than India!

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]