How many more Grafts for Widow's Peak ?

Just tell bhatti you want to stay conservative and preserve your donor.

what if he then tells me I cannot make it look thicker and fuller then dont blame it on me :rolleyes:

I guess if a doctor makes such a drastic statment, the best point is not to get it done from him atall. Because then it raises question on the whole performance, quality of the results. That speaks a lot, if somebody goes on to make such a statement.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Matt's original assessment (based upon where the red line was drawn and the pattern it followed). Somewhere between 450 and 600.

See there you go...It is becoming a growing consensus 500-600 is max I would require. C'mon Guys India's "The Best" Doctor in HT has given me this estimate and convincingly he has made me believe this so he cannot be wrong. I wish I can only afford him.

Try measure the cm2 area that you want and times it by 50. It it ends up around 600 or 700 then no surgeon should need to pack 1000 grafts into that area. That is just an example but if a surgeon recommends something that is much much more then reconsider him.

Dear Augustya,

I am sorry that you`re strugling so much! However I don`t share your concerns to be honest.

While some members estimated your required graft count quite low, I don`t agree with the calculation of 1978matt f.e. At first, you must consider that he only assumpted 15 cm b, which yet could be 5 cm too low. I also think that you need to lower your hairline by 1 1/2 centimerters at least in order to get a satisfying result. Lastly he presumpted only 40 grafts/sqcm, which imho is about 10-20 too low in order to get you a satisfying result with which you are so happy that you won`t consider to have a touch up later.

For my easthetical sensation, this is not only to be recommended, but even required. Last evaluation should be if this would be ethical, and as I understood, you don`t suffer from hairloss at all, your age is appropriate and you have a good donor.

So the calculation imo should not be "1cm x 15cm x 40 = 600 grafts maximum.

So maybe the 500 estimate is about right." He even wrote "maximum"???,

but f.e.: 18 (b) x 1 1/2 (h) x 55 (grafts/sqcm) = 1485,

or f.e.: 17 (b) x 1 1/2 (h) x 50 (grafts/sqcm) = 1275

or f.e.: 19 (b) x 1 1 /2 (h) x 45 (grafts/sqcm) = 1260

Even if you take f.e.: 20 x 1 x 50 (f.e. 60 in the hairline and 40 behind), you`ll get the 2000. And I don`t think that was Dr. Bhattis last word, it was only a proposition. F.e. in my case, after looking at the pictures I sent to him, he estimated about 3000 grafts, while when examining me in person, he lowered it to the 2350 I finally got.

So to conclude that Dr. Bhattis assumption is questionable is very questionable itself imo. I am sure if you would have asked further, he would have explained why he wants to transplant you this count.

As I already mentioned in my thread, Dr. Bhatti would be the last person unethically trying to squeeze more money out of you, in contrary: He generally offers very competitive and affordable prices and could ask for more, as for my case, he excised a sebaceous gland for free and even unrequestedly ordered a laboratory test in order to analyze it, and provided me the result later via Email, all on his own extra cost. I can only speak for myself, but Dr. Bhatti is one of the most charming and generous persons I ever met in my life.

I can understand the estimations that are lower, but they are are based on dimensions and density goals I personally would doubt whether you`ll get a result that is satisfying. However, everyone to his taste;-)

I think even the finest surgeon in the world will have difficulty estimating to the nearest 100 grafts.

There are so many variables involved. 50/60 grafts per sq cm would be great but on the other hand may not be completely necessary if you have a lot of 2 and 3 hair follicles (which of course would be placed behind the single hair grafts.)

This is why I commend Dr Feller's pricing structure. He charges according to graft ranges rather than precise numbers.

1cm lowering seems such a minor change I'd be inclined to budget for at least 1000 grafts. By doing that you could opt to take the hairline a bit lower during the pre-op discussion. It also gives a bit more scope to fill in the temples.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Dear Augustya,

I am sorry that you`re strugling so much! However I don`t share your concerns to be honest.

While some members estimated your required graft count quite low, I don`t agree with the calculation of 1978matt f.e. At first, you must consider that he only assumpted 15 cm b, which yet could be 5 cm too low. I also think that you need to lower your hairline by 1 1/2 centimerters at least in order to get a satisfying result. Lastly he presumpted only 40 grafts/sqcm, which imho is about 10-20 too low in order to get you a satisfying result with which you are so happy that you won`t consider to have a touch up later.

For my easthetical sensation, this is not only to be recommended, but even required. Last evaluation should be if this would be ethical, and as I understood, you don`t suffer from hairloss at all, your age is appropriate and you have a good donor.

So the calculation imo should not be "1cm x 15cm x 40 = 600 grafts maximum.

So maybe the 500 estimate is about right." He even wrote "maximum"???,

but f.e.: 18 (b) x 1 1/2 (h) x 55 (grafts/sqcm) = 1485,

or f.e.: 17 (b) x 1 1/2 (h) x 50 (grafts/sqcm) = 1275

or f.e.: 19 (b) x 1 1 /2 (h) x 45 (grafts/sqcm) = 1260

Even if you take f.e.: 20 x 1 x 50 (f.e. 60 in the hairline and 40 behind), you`ll get the 2000. And I don`t think that was Dr. Bhattis last word, it was only a proposition. F.e. in my case, after looking at the pictures I sent to him, he estimated about 3000 grafts, while when examining me in person, he lowered it to the 2350 I finally got.

So to conclude that Dr. Bhattis assumption is questionable is very questionable itself imo. I am sure if you would have asked further, he would have explained why he wants to transplant you this count.

As I already mentioned in my thread, Dr. Bhatti would be the last person unethically trying to squeeze more money out of you, in contrary: He generally offers very competitive and affordable prices and could ask for more, as for my case, he excised a sebaceous gland for free and even unrequestedly ordered a laboratory test in order to analyze it, and provided me the result later via Email, all on his own extra cost. I can only speak for myself, but Dr. Bhatti is one of the most charming and generous persons I ever met in my life.

I can understand the estimations that are lower, but they are are based on dimensions and density goals I personally would doubt whether you`ll get a result that is satisfying. However, everyone to his taste;-)

Ok the other thought behind this thing is, I would like to rather start slow with a lesser number of grafts as I am not sure how will this entire thing turn out, like I have been saying I am not bald nor am I losing hair it is just to lower my hairline I have been thinking about this. So it would be advisable to start less aggressive and do it again if not satisfied then to go aggressive and cover a lager area and then repent as I will not be able to go back and undo it.

I think even the finest surgeon in the world will have difficulty estimating to the nearest 100 grafts.

There are so many variables involved. 50/60 grafts per sq cm would be great but on the other hand may not be completely necessary if you have a lot of 2 and 3 hair follicles (which of course would be placed behind the single hair grafts.)

This is why I commend Dr Feller's pricing structure. He charges according to graft ranges rather than precise numbers.

1cm lowering seems such a minor change I'd be inclined to budget for at least 1000 grafts. By doing that you could opt to take the hairline a bit lower during the pre-op discussion. It also gives a bit more scope to fill in the temples.

I other words what you are saying is If I intend to bring my hairline down by just 1 Cm it is not worth to do a 1000 graft for it ? Aim for a little more lower and then 1000 grafts would make sense ? is that what you are saying ?

I don't think I would ever think about lowering it below 1.5 CMS notes, no ways. I will still do a 1 Cm and the last thing only and only If I think it is sill not doing too much max I can just about go to 1.5 cm but definitely not below that.

I other words what you are saying is If I intend to bring my hairline down by just 1 Cm it is not worth to do a 1000 graft for it ? Aim for a little more lower and then 1000 grafts would make sense ? is that what you are saying ?

I don't think I would ever think about lowering it below 1.5 CMS notes, no ways. I will still do a 1 Cm and the last thing only and only If I think it is sill not doing too much max I can just about go to 1.5 cm but definitely not below that.

I've replied to your PM.

I don't think you want to go in worrying about costs.

Lowering the widows peak only should be 500-600 grafts but to account for other factors like needing 50 or 60 sq cm it would be better to budget for 1000 grafts.

The last thing you want is for the doc to say "You need 900. I can do 600 but it might not be dense enough".

If you can afford a 1000 you can just ask the doctor to do the appropriate number, whether that is 500, 650 or 800 and a)not worr about being able to pay, and b)that it wont look right.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

I am sure people agree here if a Doctor says you need 1000 but you want 600 then I cannot make it look more dense is ethically not correct. That raises a lot of question about that Doctors authenticity as genuinely concerned about giving the best results to his patient.

Augustya,

could you perhaps pay a little attention to the punctuation, grammar, syntax and orthography? No offense at all, but I am not a native speaker and sometimes have difficulties to understand english anyway, but with your postings it is really very difficult and a lot of work and I always have to interpret your sentences and kind of "read between the lines".

But if I understood your recent post right, you insist that Dr. Bhatti acted unethically because he said that you need about 1000 grafts when you initially wanted only 600, and he said that with 600 he will not be able to make it look more dense, and that`s unethical, or what???

Please enlighten me, I`m gonna go to bed now and will curiously look for your answer tomorrow.

Augustya,

could you perhaps pay a little attention to the punctuation, grammar, syntax and orthography? No offense at all, but I am not a native speaker and sometimes have difficulties to understand english anyway, but with your postings it is really very difficult and a lot of work and I always have to interpret your sentences and kind of "read between the lines"..

lol ! I dont think anyone other then you have had any problems understanding my english so perhaps it is not a problem with my english but like you admit your understanding of english because of not being your native language.

But if I understood your recent post right, you insist that Dr. Bhatti acted unethically because he said that you need about 1000 grafts when you initially wanted only 600, and he said that with 600 he will not be able to make it look more dense, and that`s unethical, or what???"

It surely looks as if you are having hard time understanding me ? When did Dr.Bhatti come in to picture ? When did I say he is unethical ? Are you crazy or what ? I have not even approached Dr.Bhatti, when did this Dream come to you that I have already approached him and we have had a discussion on estimated grafts and he is giving me a high number of grafts when not required...woosh ! :eek: Do you read my comments with a glass of Vodka in your hand or what ? Please do not spread ill feelings here about me or for any Reputed Doctor. I have not done that, I am not even intending to do that. "Please read and understand what I am saying" DO NOT JUST DERIVE CONCLUSIONS AND PICTURES WITHOUT A PROPER UNDERSTANDING !

My question was purely hypothetical that when I have already got a estimate of 500 Grafts from one renowned HT surgeon "what if" I am again repeating "If" the second Dr gives me outrageously high number of Grafts it will raise doubts in my mind so how should I look at this entire thing. That is all what I was saying. My entire assumption was based on "What if" do you now get it ?

Edited by augustya

I would say that you need 700-1000 grafts for a very very conservative enhancement. I would also note that the are fairly young, so further hair loss could be on your future. I know that you said using all caps that you weren't losing your hair, but you do really show the signs and should be prepared for it, this means financially as well. Once you start you are kind of trapped. If you talk yourself into a certain number of grafts and you are not satisfied, then you will have to have another session. If you lose hair, you will need another session. Just because you want a 600 graft case doesn't mean that is what you need. You can look at photos based on session size. Click on the part that says <1000 and you will get some idea of what to expect.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Whether you are or aren't, you may, and were you to go for a procedure that small, you should be prepare to have another.

It's very solid advice.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

augustya everyone here is on your side my man, you are taking a rather aggressive approach with a lot of your posts we are just trying to help you. What you have to understand is that some doctors are conservative and some are not, so graft estimates will vary from doctor to doctor, as long as you are dealing with reputable doctors none of the estimates mean that the doctors are unethical or trying to squeeze money out of you it just means they have a different opinion about your situation. The thing is no one here is going to be able to definitively tell you how many grafts you need, and if a doctor suggests that you need 1000 grafts but you want 600 and he tells you that the results will not be dense, that's not unethical it is just him telling you that if you choose to not go with his recommendation that he will not be able to guarantee you will be satisfied with the results.

I think you may be putting to much weight on price. I can tell you from experience that you will probably be much happier paying more for one procedure and being satisfied than paying less, not being satisfied, and having to undergo another procedure. You will typically pay the same amount, if not more, and have to deal with the pain, ugly duckling stage, and one year waiting period twice. My recommendation would be to make sure you get as many grafts as you need to have a full result in one procedure and be done with it.

And f.y.i. the reason people like spanker keep questioning if you are balding or not, is it is very typical for people, myself included, to reason away their hairloss as something else (ie. high hairline ect.) when in fact they are suffering from mpb. And a lot of people lose ground because they are in denial.

augustya everyone here is on your side my man, you are taking a rather aggressive approach with a lot of your posts we are just trying to help you. What you have to understand is that some doctors are conservative and some are not, so graft estimates will vary from doctor to doctor, as long as you are dealing with reputable doctors none of the estimates mean that the doctors are unethical or trying to squeeze money out of you it just means they have a different opinion about your situation. The thing is no one here is going to be able to definitively tell you how many grafts you need, and if a doctor suggests that you need 1000 grafts but you want 600 and he tells you that the results will not be dense, that's not unethical it is just him telling you that if you choose to not go with his recommendation that he will not be able to guarantee you will be satisfied with the results.

I think you may be putting to much weight on price. I can tell you from experience that you will probably be much happier paying more for one procedure and being satisfied than paying less, not being satisfied, and having to undergo another procedure. You will typically pay the same amount, if not more, and have to deal with the pain, ugly duckling stage, and one year waiting period twice. My recommendation would be to make sure you get as many grafts as you need to have a full result in one procedure and be done with it.

And f.y.i. the reason people like spanker keep questioning if you are balding or not, is it is very typical for people, myself included, to reason away their hairloss as something else (ie. high hairline ect.) when in fact they are suffering from mpb. And a lot of people lose ground because they are in denial.

Good points. Will rethink on my strategy. And yes I am not in any denial :-) who else could be a better judge of me then me myself which I have been watching myself since childhood that My hairline has not changed one bit, it was the same 20 years back and it is the same even right now aswell !! I have all my past photos to compare what more could be a convincing proof then the photos.

lol ! I dont think anyone other then you have had any problems understanding my english so perhaps it is not a problem with my english but like you admit your understanding of english because of not being your native language.

It surely looks as if you are having hard time understanding me ? When did Dr.Bhatti come in to picture ? When did I say he is unethical ? Are you crazy or what ? I have not even approached Dr.Bhatti, when did this Dream come to you that I have already approached him and we have had a discussion on estimated grafts and he is giving me a high number of grafts when not required...woosh ! :eek: Do you read my comments with a glass of Vodka in your hand or what ? Please do not spread ill feelings here about me or for any Reputed Doctor. I have not done that, I am not even intending to do that. "Please read and understand what I am saying" DO NOT JUST DERIVE CONCLUSIONS AND PICTURES WITHOUT A PROPER UNDERSTANDING !

My question was purely hypothetical that when I have already got a estimate of 500 Grafts from one renowned HT surgeon "what if" I am again repeating "If" the second Dr gives me outrageously high number of Grafts it will raise doubts in my mind so how should I look at this entire thing. That is all what I was saying. My entire assumption was based on "What if" do you now get it ?

Augustya,

I won`t comment on the things you hinted at in a more or less unacceptable way (alcoholism, mental problems), but I am sure the moderators are aware.

I did not intended to make conclusions out of my interpretations, nor did I do it, that is why I in fact was asking you what you mean by your quoted post. I rather think that you`re the one deriving conclusions out of material you`re not able to assess properly.

I will tell you why I think so, and why I finally asked (!) you if you`re assuming that Dr. Bhattis estimation of your graft count is unethical:

Maybe I am the only one having difficulties to understand you, but you opened four threads just for your case " What Do People Here Suggest ?", "FUT or FUE" " Is Dr.Tejinder Bhatti Reccomended?" and finally " How many more Grafts for Widow's Peak ?", which makes it a little hard to view anyway. I invested a lot of time and effort just to help you out, and you`re offending me like that?

But whatever: In this thread, posting # 13, you wrote:

"So if one reputed Dr tells me say 600 grafts and for the same thing if a equally reputed Dr tells me 1000 grafts How do I decide who is giving me a correct estimate and what is the correct, true number of grafts that I require and that is indeed the case 3-4 doctors that I have met, sent my pictures all have given me different number of estimates !! So now how Do I know who is correct and how much do I require ?"

So I conclude that you`ve not hypothecally, but in fact asked four doctors for their opinions regarding your graft count (quote: "indeed the case").

So one doc gave you the number of 1000 grafts. Who could that be?

So in one your other threads, the Bhatti thread, the same day you related to a post of Mickey as followed:

"Originally Posted by Mickey85

"This this and this! Bhatti is the best FUE surgeon in India by far. He only practices strip in conjunction with fue(fue/fut hybrid) but his strip work is absolutely brutal. He has made alot of outlandish claims on fue that even i dont agree with. When any doctor(any) claims less than 2% transection, that is not right. I dont care which surgeon you are. However, claims aside he does have some great resulta out there just be cautious that he doesnt use grafts for the sake of using thek if you know what i mean."

Your reply:

"I get your point Mate and that is what I am most worried about I know with my kind of requirement which even the tools now given here to measure a estimate hair grafts required confirm this, that I don't require a lot of grafts so the moment a Dr starts talking about some outrageously high number of hair grafts that I would require like 1000-1500 it really starts ringing the red alarm in my mind"

So one has not to be mentally insane or drunk to conclude that someone told you a number of grafts which is too high in your opinion and that you now fear that that might be due to a potentially unethical attitude.

Then Mickey wrote in post # 23 in your thread "How many more grafts...":

"Just tell thr surgeon you want to stay conservative and preserve your donor."

And you quoted that such in post # 26:

"Originally Posted by Mickey85

Just tell bhatti you want to stay conservative and preserve your donor."

And you answered by:

"what if he then tells me I cannot make it look thicker and fuller then dont blame it on me"

I guess if a doctor makes such a drastic statment, the best point is not to get it done from him atall. Because then it raises question on the whole performance, quality of the results. That speaks a lot, if somebody goes on to make such a statement.

You then on the same day asked me via PM:

"I hope by now you would have gone thorugh my thraed on the Hair Grafts that I require. I wanted to ask you this since you have already done a HT with Dr. Bhatti do you think he is that kind of a person. Since the number of Hair Grafts that I require is so low whic really doesnt let him earn make money from me. so for to cover that deficit amount he will tell me hmore number of Hair Grafts when I actually require quite less. To make a proper amount of money from him. Do you think he would do that ?"

And I think I gave you a satisfying and reassuring answer, for which I invested some time (as do the others here trying to help you out for days now)

So in my understanding you`ve asked four docs about their opinions (at least that`s what you wrote), and one gave you a count about 1000 grafts (or not; so was that the beginning of your hypothetical trips?). I cannot understand your statements at all if a doctor (whoever it is) proposed that count to you, as I explained in my earlier posts, but I think it is even on the border to paranoia if actually no one told you that count, and you`re having all those misgivings expressed just at large.

I have finally found a post which makes me understand that this is actually the case:

"So now because I cannot afford him, I decide to move to the second best I have mentioned his name here who is in the North of India who I may want to get in touch with, but because his rates are so low to make up for the deficit he might unnecessarily give me a higher estimate and he will be in no mood to listen to the estimate what the other Doctor has given me."

So you`re referring to Dr. Bhatti here, as he is the only one in the north of India whom you mentioned before, and again you`re expressing concerns about ethics here, now it can only be linked to Dr. Bhatti. Why in the world would he give you "a higher estimate" and will not be in the "mood to listen to the estimate what the other Doctor has given" you??? "because his rates are so low"!! I won`t comment on that, but if you don`t have a bit of trust in a doctor just because of his rates, why are you even considering him?

I`ve later seen that you wrote "may want to get in touch with", so that`s the only post of which one could conclude that you actually didn`t get in touch with Bhatti before expressing all those worries.

But after all your other statements, especially in your Bhatti-Thread, I came to the conclusion which I also expressed in my answer to you (post # 29 of your “How many more grafts..-Thread). In your answer, in which you were quoting me, with not a single word did you correct my presumptions. Please reread both.

Instead, again you were writing in post # 34:

"I am sure people agree here if a Doctor says you need 1000 but you want 600 then I cannot make it look more dense is ethically not correct. That raises a lot of question about that Doctors authenticity as genuinely concerned about giving the best results to his patient."

So you`re telling that all of this was only hypothetical? Nobody virtually told you those "outrageously high number of hair grafts", nobody virtually did "such a drastic statment"? You were "raising" fictious "questions" about a fictious doctors fictious statements? Really? No doctor told you that you need 1000, and you were referring to a fictious doctor telling you all of that fictiously, and that`s why you`re running scared?

Guys, if you have too much time, please reread all four threads Augustya has opened here for his case within days, and judge for yourselves.

Ok, enough for me, you guys have fun!

I think you still need to understand what forums and communities like these are meant for...It is not always for only after you have done something, It is also to acquire, find information about something, before you are going to attempt something. And that also involes asking questions Hypothetically( Not Fictiously It is called Hypothetically not fictiously lemme correct your English)

Regarding My Pm to you, I was asking you since you have already done the procedure with him, do you by any chance found him, or got a feeling that he may get too commercialised with things ? I was no way accusing him, that he for sure is a unethical person and he for sure will do it with me...

But without understanding my comments you started putting words in my mouth.

Ok Guys an update. With the growing number of difference in opinion here (And sadfully in this process, making some people get a little worked up here, which I didn't intend to...) on the number of grafts that I may require, I thought let me just ask again the first Doctor who gave me this grafts estimate who I think was right. Now looks like the Hairline I assumed he was talking about and the Hairline which he actually meant for 500 Grafts were totally different.

So we went through all this all over again, of drawing a Hairline now this time we drew 2 hairlines one slight up and the other a little below that so with the first hairline (from the top) It turns out that I may require close to around 1500 Grafts and the second from the top around 2000 Grafts.

First one would be around 1.5-1.75 cms and second around 2 Cms below from my current hairline. (And this does not involve bringing the widow's peak down this just covers bringing the hairline a little low but keeping the centre, widow's peak at the same level so this new hairline will start a little low and join/merge in the widow's peak

And this has shot up my Budget like Crazy :eek: This is giving nightmares to me now, with an objective to just enhance my look It has started me think that should I be even looking at it to do it ? Simultaneously was going through some horror stories of Hair Transplants going horribly wrong namely, Doll Hairline, Too Much gaps between 2 slits is making me terrified. I dont know how to convince myself in getting in to this. I want the final result but am scared of the process what if anything goes wrong ? :o

Hi Guys,

Just a friendly reminder to remain civil! Thanks!

- Your friendly neighborhood moderator.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

If you are not suffering from MPB... I would say definitely don't get a transplant... You could get an unnatural result and be self-conscious for the rest of your life when you have a perfectly good head of hair. Do you really want to question what people are thinking about every single time you are having a conversation with them? You should think long and hard about your decision. Bad results are very common and unless you are REALLY unhappy with how your hair looks, I would say you should reconsider. The change you are making is relatively minor with the side of effect of changing your completely natural hairline. If you were doing just corner work, i would say maybe, but bringing down your hairline... I have seem some awful results. And if you don't want to go low on density when you are going to have thick hair behind it.. .. There will be no gradual change.. It will stand out like a sore thumb.

If you are not suffering from MPB... I would say definitely don't get a transplant... You could get an unnatural result and be self-conscious for the rest of your life when you have a perfectly good head of hair. Do you really want to question what people are thinking about every single time you are having a conversation with them? You should think long and hard about your decision. Bad results are very common and unless you are REALLY unhappy with how your hair looks, I would say you should reconsider. The change you are making is relatively minor with the side of effect of changing your completely natural hairline. If you were doing just corner work, i would say maybe, but bringing down your hairline... I have seem some awful results. And if you don't want to go low on density when you are going to have thick hair behind it.. .. There will be no gradual change.. It will stand out like a sore thumb.

So from what I understand you are saying If I Just wanna fill in the Corners I can, but not to bring the hairline down right ? But even if I Just fill in the corners that will still mean a new hairine right ? Maybe the peak will be the same but hairline will definitely change even if I Just do the corners.

Also in terms of artifically looking hairline, I have seen some senior members here suggest that any HT Surgeon reccomended here on this forum, will give you a Natural looking hairline, so people were suggesting here I should have no no worries on that front ? Right ? Wrong ? I dont know ?

And I didnt understand when you say

And if you don't want to go low on density when you are going to have thick hair behind it.
I am really curious to know what do you mean by this...Are you saying I should go low in desnity because it is a Frontal area ? is that what you mean? Edited by augustya

I politely disagree. If we lined up two people; one is a natural norwood 0(say Brad Pitt) and the other is an artificial Norwood 0(due to surgical intervention), chances are the general public would not be suspicious of the artificial Norwood 0 at all. In fact, higher Norwoods are at more of a risk of being exposed due the the un-naturally high hairlines(not many people bald into a perfectly symmetrical, dense and abrupt hairline), lower densities, etc. A lower Norwood has the liberty of more grafts at their disposal. Hair from the nape or behind the ears(which resemble natural finer hairline hair) can be used in their new hairline which will not start 9cm above their eyebrows like alot of Norwood 5,6 and 7s. There is no reason to suggest a lower Norwood would have more of an un-natural appearance compared to a higher Norwood. A gradual change is very possible and unless someone has a magnifying glass and is combing through the hair and knows about HT's, it will not be noticeable in my opinion. Surgeons like Feriduni, Bisanga etc work on low Norwoods all the time and their results are brilliant.

If you are suggesting that a low Norwood or someone with very little MPB to not have surgery just to not chance things and to be content with what they have however, that is something I can agree with. If the OP or anyone is not too concerned about a bit more density or leveling the hairline out, then they really should just enjoy their life. However the OP does seem concerned about his hairline, otherwise he probably would not be having consults and asking questions. He must proceed with caution however. I had/have minimal loss and my procedure was a failure and I do wish I never went through with it, but I was concerned about my appearance. The failed procedure had nothing to due with the un-natural appearance of a manufactured hairline however but more the FUT scar and the shockloss that occurred due to the incompetent fool of a surgeon and the low yield(which can happen with any Norwood). I always encourage people to try not to have surgeries but if they are intent on it then I try my best to help them toward the best path.

Edited by Mickey85

There is absolutely no way, what-so-ever that anyone could tell I have had an HT by looking at my hairline.

View Spanker's Website

There is absolutely no way, what-so-ever that anyone could tell I have had an HT by looking at my hairline.

Spanker your comments always come as a respite :-) I will reply to mickey85 comments in a little detail later. But Frankly your comment brought a smile on my face :-)