How many more Grafts for Widow's Peak ?

I used the Calculate Grafts required mentioned in the sticky notes put here by Mickey85

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/mm/calc.html

and Boy was I not delighted by the results it gave.

It gave me a Estimate of Grafts required, exactly what the Dr I am planning to get it done from told me, 500 Grafts. However this is just to bring the hairline along the widow's peak to bring a 1 CM down so If I just incase even think about bringing my widow's peak point a little lower should I add what ? another 50/100 grafts more for this ?

Please see the attached picture, it shows the point that I am also thinking about ?

Thanks in Advance !

5b32d86a70569_GraftCalculator.jpg.a252fa8a9f30cecd11a70e837b9c77d1.jpg

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how I've required so many grafts for just the front of my head, 6500 so far.

Please don't hijack my thread !

If u r looking out for some help put it as a separate thread !!

Wasn't intending to "hijack" your thread, I was merely trying to relate my situation to yours in terms of grafts required. In other words, it can take a lot of grafts for only a small area. That seems like a reasonable guess at the grafts required.

In other words, it can take a lot of grafts for only a small area.

Nope not always, though me myself I am asking for a graft estimate here I know atleast this much it also depends on the skill of he Doctor u r getting it Done from...

Try to estimate the number of square cm of area you want to cover and multiply by 40.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Try to estimate the number of square cm of area you want to cover and multiply by 40.

Oh Man that's gonna be tough :-) let me try so if I wanna bring my widows peak down by 1 index finger which would be roughly 1 CM does it mean I will require another 40 grafts just to bring my peak down ?

Hope you don't mind but I've taken the liberty to edit one of your photos.

I guess the red line is something like what you're looking for. I measured my own head and lengthways it's between 15-18cm depending on how far into the temples you go.

1cm x 15cm x 40 = 600 grafts maximum.

So maybe the 500 estimate is about right.

So if you wanted to lower another half cm, 750 grafts...

untitled.png.4b377451dffecf48a8d4b55dfb9f6736.png

I guess the red line is something like what you're looking for. I measured my own head and lengthways it's between 15-18cm depending on how far into the temples you go.

Fantastic !! :) You are my Hero ! The red line is exactly what I am looking for...So you are saying even if it goes a little low in the temples with the First Line the Red Line it should still not be more then 600 Grafts right ?

I think about 600 for the widows peak only.

If you choose to do a lot more with the temples we could be talking 1500-2000 grafts, as confirmed by some of the FUE examples on Dr Feriduni's site:

FUE

I think about 600 for the widows peak only.

If you choose to do a lot more with the temples we could be talking 1500-2000 grafts, as confirmed by some of the FUE examples on Dr Feriduni's site:

FUE

Wait a second I am getting confused again you are saying 600 grafts for widow's peak only that includes the area around the widow's peak line right ? like where my hairline ends on the forehead that entire border line right ? Like the one you have marked in red light on my picture or are you saying 600 just for the centre peak the middle portion tip of my hairline.

Wait a second I am getting confused again you are saying 600 grafts for widow's peak only that includes the area around the widow's peak line right ? like where my hairline ends on the forehead that entire border line right ? Like the one you have marked in red light on my picture or are you saying 600 just for the centre peak the middle portion tip of my hairline.

The entire red area marked for the 600 but tapering off in the temples. However, you may need more if density needs to be added to your existing hairline. That's why a lot of the Feriduni examples are well over 1000 grafts. He is no doubt packing the grafts in even denser than 40 per sq cm.

I think you need to see a few drs in person but for now you probably need to budget for between 500-1500 grafts. It's too hard to tell without detailed pictures.

The entire red area marked for the 600 but tapering off in the temples. However, you may need more if density needs to be added to your existing hairline. That's why a lot of the Feriduni examples are well over 1000 grafts. He is no doubt packing the grafts in even denser than 40 per sq cm.

I think you need to see a few drs in person but for now you probably need to budget for between 500-1500 grafts. It's too hard to tell without detailed pictures.

So if one reputed Dr tells me say 600 grafts and for the same thing if a equally reputed Dr tells me 1000 grafts How do I decide who is giving me a correct estimate and what is the correct, true number of grafts that I require and that is indeed the case 3-4 doctors that I have met, sent my pictures all have given me different number of estimates !! So now how Do I know who is correct and how much do I require ?

Why don`t you tell each surgeon what the other has said and ask them why would the other advise a different number of grafts? Just ask for an exhaustive explanation.

This happens in the entire medical field, not just HT diagnosis of all Doctor is different from each other unless it is something like a organ failure kind of thing which all the doctors have to agree because it is a very evident thing. But something that cannot be seen or examined by the naked eye each one will have his own theory and chances are one who has said less and if you take it as an example and use it as a example with the second. The second might just sa I don't care what the first has said but this is what I feel and think.

It is easily a good way to Hike up the Graft count and there by hike up the bill. That is what I fear about. Now in my case if the Number one Doctor in HT in India most arguably (Sorry have been warned here against giving his name) tells me I only require 500-600 grafts just because I cannot afford his rates, and go somebody else the nest will one have his own graft count this is what I hate and don't wanna let happen.

Why don`t you tell each surgeon what the other has said and ask them why would the other advise a different number of grafts? Just ask for an exhaustive explanation.

This happens in the entire medical field, not just HT diagnosis of all Doctor is different from each other unless it is something like a organ failure kind of thing which all the doctors have to agree because it is a very evident thing. But something that cannot be seen or examined by the naked eye each one will have his own theory and chances are one who has said less and if you take it as an example and use it as a example with the second. The second might just say I don't care what the first has said but this is what I feel and think.

It is easily a good way to Hike up the Graft count and there by hike up the bill. That is what I fear about. Now in my case if the Number one Ranked Doctor in HT in India most arguably (Sorry have been warned here against giving his name) tells me I only require 500-600 grafts just because I cannot afford his rates, I go to somebody else the next will one have his own graft count, this is what I hate and don't wanna let happen.

I understand your point, but you can think for yourself, too, can`t you? Just ask the docs which area they plan to cover with thr graft count they gave you, and you will have the density you`ll have. Also ask WHY do they advise this or that count, and make conclusions out of that.

You also can just post some pics here and the community will help you in evaltuating your concerns.

With the information given we can`t do so much, you understand?

I understand your point, but you can think for yourself, too, can`t you? Just ask the docs which area they plan to cover with thr graft count they gave you, and you will have the density you`ll have. Also ask WHY do they advise this or that count, and make conclusions out of that.

You also can just post some pics here and the community will help you in evaltuating your concerns.

With the information given we can`t do so much, you understand?

Did this in a lot of my earlier threads, people here have suggested should be between 500-1000 but in any case should not go beyond 1000 grafts no way...

And the 500 graft count matches to the doctor I met personally even he said 500 grafts only, now if someone tells me 1000 I would be very wary of him...

This this and THIS! Hehe.

Matt is totally correct. Maybe the surgeon that suggested 1,000 grafts thought you wanted your hairline a bit lower? 1,000 into the area Matt drew would most likely result in a compromised blood supply to the grafts and/or transection due to over packing.

1,000 into the area Matt drew would most likely result in a compromised blood supply to the grafts and/or transection due to over packing.

Please explain what does it mean ?

Please explain what does it mean ?

1000 grafts into the area(red line) that Matt showed could kill the natural hair you hair(if he implants in it) and because it would be so dense the grafts might not have enough blood supply to all live.

1000 grafts into the area(red line) that Matt showed could kill the natural hair you hair(if he implants in it) and because it would be so dense the grafts might not have enough blood supply to all live.

Now this is really becoming a challenge for me, I dont know how to deal with this. I had almost Finalised a Doctor who according to me is the best but his Rates are ridiculosuly expensive (People with USD/AUD/EUR/GBP, please dont compare here, I am an Indian having Indian Rupees and in Indian Rupees it is way way too expensive, the Doctor that I am talking about) he is exorbitantly expensive which is becoming too too heavy on my pocket. He has given me a Graft Estimate of only 500-600 Grafts and that is what I would like to believe because of my extremely low requirement.

So now because I cannot afford him, I decide to move to the second best I have mentioned his name here who is in the North of India who I may want to get in touch with, but because his rates are so low to make up for the deficit he might unnecessarily give me a higher estimate and he will be in no mood to listen to the estimate what the other Doctor has given me. So the net net result is the same then.

Less Grafts+High Price = More Grafts+Low Price.

How do I get a way outta this ?

Now this is really becoming a challenge for me, I dont know how to deal with this. I had almost Finalised a Doctor who according to me is the best but his Rates are ridiculosuly expensive (People with USD/AUD/EUR/GBP, please dont compare here, I am an Indian having Indian Rupees and in Indian Rupees it is way way too expensive, the Doctor that I am talking about) he is exorbitantly expensive which is becoming too too heavy on my pocket. He has given me a Graft Estimate of only 500-600 Grafts and that is what I would like to believe because of my extremely low requirement.

So now because I cannot afford him, I decide to move to the second best I have mentioned his name here who is in the North of India who I may want to get in touch with, but because his rates are so low to make up for the deficit he might unnecessarily give me a higher estimate and he will be in no mood to listen to the estimate what the other Doctor has given me. So the net net result is the same then.

Less Grafts+High Price = More Grafts+Low Price.

How do I get a way outta this ?

You sound a bit eager to get this done. I would wait and carry on researching until you are confident the number of grafts is what you need and have the confidence and finances to go with the Dr you believe in the most.

There are some people on here who waited over 4 years to get a transplant.

I agree with Matt's original assessment (based upon where the red line was drawn and the pattern it followed). Somewhere between 450 and 600.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.