My hair Transplant Journey (HT by Dr Feller)

Hi,

I'm 26 and have been noticeably losing my hair for about two years. Over the two years I've battled with the thought of losing my hair and what I could do about it. It was from forums such as this that I gained a lot of valuable information and where I also heard about Spex.

After reading about Spex and his story I arranged to met with him to discuss my hair loss and the options available to me. Straight after met him I felt a sense of relief, finally the answer I was after. I began taking Propecia (finasteride), starting off on a low dose and gradually building up over a few months (which i would recommend to anyone thinking of taking it) and I booked an appointment with Dr Feller. I've now been taking a full dose of finasteride for around 4 months and I'm for weeks out from my Hair transplant (please see photos). I can honestly say although I still have a lot time to wait to see the full benefits I'm glad I went through with it and I would recommend Spex and Dr Feller to anyone. They're both great guys with a lot of experience and expertise.

The procedure went really well, every member of Dr Feller's team was extremely friendly and I couldn't of ask for a better experience, Dr Feller really put my mind at ease as I was pretty nervous at first not knowing what to expect. I felt no real pain throughout the hole procedure and only a dull ache for a few days after at the back of the head, which didn't bother me at all.

The only difficult I had was trying to sleep for the first three nights, which I know is pretty common, it just felt alien to sleep upright and subsequently only managed a few hours of sleep each night. Which was enough to get me through the following day and never really affected too much, even with all the site seeing around New York city. The best night's sleep I had was on the flight back oddly enough as i never sleep during a flight.

The swelling was fairly small and only took a couple of days to fully come out but was gone within another 7 days after it travelled down my face, nothing a pair of sunglasses and a hat couldn't hide. I followed the post op instructions to the letter and had the staples removed after two weeks. The local nurse was really impressed with how clean, tidy and well healed the scare was especially after only two weeks, everyone I know who's seen it have said the same. I had the rest of my hair buzzed off the same day, so just waiting for it to grow, which I know will take some time but will be well worth it. I will keep posting pics on a monthly basis to keep anyone who is interested informed. if anyone has any questions they would like to ask me, please feel free!! i'll also post a few more pics of what it looked like in the days and weeks after.

Thanks.

5b32d8663e894_photo(1).jpg.06ef06c98d0c85863498091d6a578352.jpg

5b32d866bf737_photo(2).jpg.c8cf271b321192223c8dd766e7e7343a.jpg

photo.jpg.7b3e7818591c04e908d712540e709242.jpg

I didn't get the exact number of grafts off of Dr Feller but it was somewhere around 2700, for me it was more to do with having to sleep upright although it was still uncomfortable to lie on them. After round 4 to 7 days the tenderness started to reduce and became easier to fall asleep. I found that tucking my pillow up so i could lie my head on the pillow but not on the staples helped a lot but it was still difficult. Trust me the tenderness will fade just hang in there.

Following Dr Feller's post op instructions i slept at a 45 degree angel for the first three nights after that i slept normally all bit it with trying not to put to much weight on the staples. Yea, it was a great relief to finally get them out, I looked forward to that day!! Not only because they were so annoying but it meant I could finally get back to training and get my hair cut. How did the procedure go for you? How many grafts did have?

The first few days are the worst but things do improve pretty quickly you just have to bear with it for those first few days, thankfully for me I stayed in New York for the three days after the op so had plenty to keep my mind busy. But I know how you feel about the lack of sleep, its really frustrating, within the next few days though it will get better!! Trust me though Dr Feller does a wicked job, when you get the staples out you'll be surprised how good it looks. I've still got redness on top and around the area where the staples were but its lessening everyday. I will mate I'm going to post a few more pics of 4days post op tomorrow. If you have any questions mate please ask I'd be happy to help!!

Yea it's still a little numb although no where near as much as it was. Its only along the line of the scare and even thats gaining more feeling, its something that improves over time. Its was pretty strange feeling at first, almost as if you had something stuck to the back of your head, it didn't feel like the back of your head if that makes any sense.

I think it took around two to three days for the swelling to full come out and about another four days after for it to disappear. It started in the forehead and slowly travelled down around my eyes but as soon as it did it slowly disappeared. It didn't hurt any less or more but I did feel more tension at the back of my head rather than the sides. What you might notice too is almost like a pin pick sensation in the graft area, that's completely normal, it's the nerves.

The tension lessens as the swelling goes down but until the staples come out you'll still feel a slight tightness. I felt pretty normal after 7-10 days but the real change comes when you get the staples out after 2 weeks there is no tension or discomfort after that, I'm at the five week mark today and I've still got some redness but apart from that everything else is completely normal.

Welcome Mitchell and congratulations.

Have you got any immediately post op pictures?

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Nice traps :)

I am sure in 6-12 months your hair will look great.

Keep us posted.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

The staples hurt like a bitch to take out for me. I waited either 10 or 14 for some reason, and then it was over the course of 4 days they eventually came out. It was very painful - the worst part of the whole "journey" for me!

I read later that soaking your head with hot water first helps a lot.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

im 5 days out right now and a few times an hour i get a sharp sting like pain right in the scar, it makes me tense up a little,, anybody else get this? if so how long do these pains last? btw its only on the side of my head not the back

• 3 weeks later...

mitchell, first of everything, congo for taking the destiny in your own hands.

second, after a harsh accident, my friend got recovered but doctors had told hem that he would lose hair due to some unknown reasons to him. anyways, while being with us during our college times, he was completely bald. he was thinking of HT, but know one of us knew how it is and where to go. there was a clinic in Pune City, India, its name was Skin City. he did his HT there. his doctors had told him not to eat any spicy things etc. however, may be because of ill eating or anything, he got ill, to the point that we took him back to the Clinic, after the check up, doctors said that he had got infection and his conditions were to be worsened. because of infection, he was nearly to die. luckily, after spending about thousand and five hundered dollars, he started recovering. He is as bald as he was before.

what whould any one say about this?