results after 6 months

Hi All,

How much growth should we expect after 6 months. I am 6 months post op but the growth is not as expected. I can see the scalp in normal day light. Please have a look at the attached pics and let me know your reviews.

I had 2500 grafts

First 3 pics are current pics and last two are preop

Edited by amanmehra11

I see a big difference from preop to now. 6 months is not the end of the game. Give it anoth 2 to 3 months then evaluate. Who was your surgeon?

I see a big difference from preop to now. 6 months is not the end of the game. Give it anoth 2 to 3 months then evaluate. Who was your surgeon?

Thanks for ur review. Can I expect more density in coming months??

As of now I cannot share the name of the surgeon due to some personal reasons.

The head on looks good, the top down is a little see through. That said, were those areas even planted? An immediate post op will help.

Look at the photo that Dr. Alexander posted, massive difference between 5 months and a year. You will likely get more growth.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

This timeline gets banded around a bit as a growth timeline and i pretty much agree with it from experience and what ive seen around. Still got a way to go.

Can expect more growth and more importantly maturing of all hair thats transplanted. The hair shafts becoming thicker and more course and changing colour. Thus reducing scalp visibility.

Additionaly hair groups first appear as 1's then grow in 2's, 3's,4's. Hopefully you had good group figures.

3 months - 10%

4 months - 25%

5 months - 40%

6 months - 60%

7 months - 70%

8 months - 75%

9 months - 80%

10 months - 90%

11 months - 95%

12 months - 98%

18 months - 100%

Additionaly hair groups first appear as 1's then grow in 2's, 3's,4's. Hopefully you had good group figures.

Bobilero, where do you have got that information from? I am quite interested in why is that, has anyone an explanation?

The head on looks good, the top down is a little see through. That said, were those areas even planted? An immediate post op will help.

Look at the photo that Dr. Alexander posted, massive difference between 5 months and a year. You will likely get more growth.

Hi Spanker..

Thanks for ur comments.

I dont have good quality post op pics. All the head visible in 2nd pic was trasnplanted. So u can have an idea from that pic.

I was expecting a good density but it seems that full scalp covering will also not happen :(

This timeline gets banded around a bit as a growth timeline and i pretty much agree with it from experience and what ive seen around. Still got a way to go.

Can expect more growth and more importantly maturing of all hair thats transplanted. The hair shafts becoming thicker and more course and changing colour. Thus reducing scalp visibility.

3 months - 10%

4 months - 25%

5 months - 40%

6 months - 60%

7 months - 70%

8 months - 75%

9 months - 80%

10 months - 90%

11 months - 95%

12 months - 98%

18 months - 100%

Bobilero, nice and new piece of info. Thanks .appreciate it.