Dr Villnow (treated Borussia Dortmund coach Juergen Klopp)

BVBer

Hey BVBer,

Don't get put off this forum by guys who are pushing their favourite doctors. They did that to me when I first did my journal of Dr Dr Reys and now everyone knows he's a star.

Seems to me that if Dr Villnow gets footballers coming to him then they know something we don't!

So how long has this doc been going?

Hey BVBer,

Don't get put off this forum by guys who are pushing their favourite doctors. They did that to me when I first did my journal of Dr Dr Reys and now everyone knows he's a star.

Seems to me that if Dr Villnow gets footballers coming to him then they know something we don't!

So how long has this doc been going?

I have simply raised a legitimate question, so if someone feels being put off by asking whether he knows any result but this singular one, I don`t know what to think. If he then doesn`t answer that fundamental question, then why has he brought him up anyway?

Beside that, I don`t think that it is an outstanding result at all regarding the hairline design, everybody that knows a little about transplants obviously sees the unnaturalness of the hairline. Sorry, but that`s just my opinion. There is a definite improvement in the overall appearance, but it is not top quality work imho. Maybe there are even 2s in the first row: **outside link removed by moderator**

I highly appreciate you and BVBler bringing up new unknown doctors, but if so, it has to be allowed that those are openly and honestly discussed by the community.

Edited by Future_HT_Doc

Rooney went to Harley Street. Nesbitt (good result, mind you) and other British celebs have gone to places in Ireland and random places where the doctor doesn't seem to be known. Just because a celebrity goes there doesn't make them the best.

I'm not saying the doctor in question here is worse than someone recommended here, but just because he's worked on footballers doesn't mean he's better.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

@William38

Haha! :) Don't worry about me losing faith in the forum. It's good to get other views on a doc. That's why I'm here.

@Questionmark

Is that a photo of Juergen Klopp's hair? You can't see his face so you can't tell. You seem to recognise a lot from the photo you put up. Have a look at the Villnow website and have a look at the photos there. Just google Villnow and hair. It's in english. You seem like a really smart guy from the way you write so let me know what you think. You can PM me or whatever. Are you a doctor?

@ Calgacus

I found the photos of Dick Advocaat on the website and I'm posting it. You're right, it was in the 90s.

Dr%20Villnow%20Dick%20Advocaat.png

@Questionmark

Is that a photo of Juergen Klopp's hair? You can't see his face so you can't tell. You seem to recognise a lot from the photo you put up. Have a look at the Villnow website and have a look at the photos there. Just google Villnow and hair. It's in english. You seem like a really smart guy from the way you write so let me know what you think. You can PM me or whatever. Are you a doctor?

Hi, it is a detail of following picture: **outside link removed by moderator** So it is Klopp`s hairline indeed. You can trust me, I wouldn`t post that without knowing what I am actually posting:) I guess however also without knowing the full picture one could recognize the transplant anyway, as I consider it quite unique.

I am not a doctor, but thanks I feel honoured, I am in fact just an ordinary law student from - - Bavaria:D Thus I have a natural interest in bashing Kloppos transplant;) I hereby proudly proclaim my deep deep love to Bayern Munich:D

No just kidding, regardless of my personal war against Klopp, I just think the results are not exceptional, there are so many things to consider in the evaluation whether a surgeon does bad, ok, good, very good or exceptional good at his job on a consistent basis which is lastly also documented.

And I think we have just very few material, actually only Advocaat and Klopp. I know this may be because clinics are not allowed to promote themselves in Germany via before and after pics, but they could do so abroad. Regardless of that, in my (!) personal (!) humble (!) opinion both cases are average, although the yield seems to be good, but I am quite concerned about Klopps hairline design.

Unfortunately, I can`t find pictures on Dr. Villnows website, perhaps I am too dumb or blind, perhaps it`s due to the before mentioned legal issue, perhaps all three.:o

So to conclude the only cases that are accessible to us are two quite average ones, while I would bet that the prices are first class. Many, if not all celebs tend to be impressed - just as us ordinary small human beings - by eloquent looking and speaking self-displaying old show-offs with tons of money, a fancy clinic with a pompous entrance hall and the most expensive devices in the surgeries, and last but not least excellent ties to the high society.

Of course they need at least average surgical skill, and badaboom you have your society clinic which will be promoted in the main stream media by sweetly presented, but actually superficial or even empty information.

The celebrities get what they are searching for there: The feeling to be with the best. And that`s ok for them, but not for me f.e., even if I would have the money to afford the worlds objectively best surgeon for my specific situation. I don`t care about the surroundings, all that counts is the skill and nothing but that.

I don`t want to suggest in any way that Dr. Villnow is not a good surgeon, but I would be very careful about deriving the skill of a doctor from the clinic he works in or the VIP grade of some patients that vist and promote him. Furthermore, as before mentioned, I think we barely can do an evaluation of his skills at all due to the bare lack of information. Judging from only two published cases would be unfair in one way or the other.

On the objectivity of this great forum and a fair game on the 25th:D

EDIT: Sorry, I only read your post in a superficial way and thus missed that you told me about the english website. I apologize for that. After looking it up, I have to say that the price is not in the heights I initially expected, but rather ok. Still it is far more expensive than f.e. Doganay, Keser, Demirsoy who deliver far better results.

Moreover, I now am sure there are no additional pictures of Klopp in better quality whatsoever, but only three cases "presented": Advocaat with very poor pictures, but at least they show his progress, which is disappointingly not the case regarding the other two patients "2" and "3", from whose we are only shown the placing of the grafts, which is indeed questionable I think. Why not show the progress?

Edited by Future_HT_Doc

@Questionmark Thanks for the comments, Q. Keep 'em coming,

I went to see the Doc last week and I've got a surgery booked.

I'm going to write it up and I'll post my own journal soon,

You'd better let me know what you think then as well, Q. Agreed?

Hi Guys,

Just a quick reminder to please refrain from posting outside links on the forums. Thanks!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

@ Blake: Sorry, if I again posted a link which was not allowed. It is simply because I appearently don`t know what we are allowed to post. If you just quickly could tell me the guidelines, I would highly appreciate! Thx in advance!

@BVBler: Thanks, and it is always exciting to have a member having a surgery done by a yet unknown doc. That`s how to really enrich the forum! Can you let us know when you`ll have the appointment? How has the preliminary talk been?

Btw: Good luck with Hoppenheim later this day, let`s get them in the second division:D

@Questionmark - Dortmund lost against Hoffenheim - pretty dramatic with 2 penalties and a red card. But it won't matter for us. The players probably had their heads in Wembley already.

I'm trying to work out when I can get time off work to do the op. I asked the Doctor lots of questions and he had hundreds of photos.

I'll post here soon. Thanks for you support with the questions, Q and also to Chrisdav.

Edited by BVBer