Potential Recommendation of Dr. Kyriakos Maras of HDC in Cyprus

Dear Forum Members,

As many of you know, we gather as much information as possible about a physician, their staff, technique and track record before they are even considered for recommendation on the Hair Transplant Network. Part of our review process involves garnering private input from physicians currently recommended by our community and feedback from patients and forum members. To learn more about this review process, click here.

We would appreciate your input regarding the potential recommendation of Dr. Kyriakos Maras of HDC in Cyprus. At this time, Dr. Maras is only being considered for recommendation, not the Coalition. To see our standards for recommendation, click here

Dr. Maras was previously considered and presented for potential recommendation back in 2012. However, due to concerns regarding photo quality and involvement with a clinic we had concerns about, we chose not to approve him for recommendation. However, after clarifying the issue regarding his involvement with another clinic/physician and seeing several additional examples of his results, I believe all of these issues have now been resolved.

Dr. Maras performs state of the art FUT via strip excision and FUE exclusively and is the medical director and leading hair restoration physician at HDC in Cyprus. He performs exclusive hair transplant surgery and has the staff and experience to perform large sessions of ultra refined follicular unit hair transplantation exceeding 3000 grafts when appropriate for the patient. Dr. Maras uses only the most advanced, cutting edge hair restoration techniques and has received a number of glowing accolades online for presenting impressive looking results.

To learn more about Dr. Maras, his technique, experience and to view previously posted examples of his results, visit the former Potential Recommendation of Dr. Kyriakos Maras forum topic. This includes several examples of results Dr. Maras has previously posted.

Given Dr. Maras's experience and commitment to high quality FUT via strip excision and FUE, I believe that he should be reconsidered for recommendation. See our standards for recommendation.

View some of his patient and surgical photos below:

3050 Grafts with Dr. Maras via FUE

3587 FUE Grafts with Dr. Maras

3163 Grafts via FUT with Dr. Maras

2456 FUE Grafts with Dr. Maras

2590 FUE Grafts (Scalp, Beard and Chest) with Dr. Maras

3149 FUE Grafts over 2 Sessions with Dr. Maras

1203 FUE Grafts over 1 Session with Dr. Maras

3250 FUE Grafts Plus 2400 FUE Grafts in a second procedure

Surgical Walkthrough - Presentation of Dr. Maras of HDC Medical Clinic

I welcome input and comments from forum members regarding his potential recommendation.

Best wishes,

Bill

While this is not just a large amount of cases to look at, the ones presented seem to produce good yield and just as importantly seem to be artistic and well placed hairlines.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

The only issue I have is their consultation process.

I met with a guy called 'George' from HDC about 18 months ago. He is not a medical practitioner but made the preliminary assessments as to whether I was a suitable candidate, the number of grafts and very little mention of maintaining my hair with meds.

He also said that I wouldn't need to meet/interact with the Dr until the day of the surgery and that I didn't need to.

He emailed me a few times offering 'discounts'.

They should improve their practices in this respect.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

I met with a guy called 'George' from HDC about 18 months ago. He is not a medical practitioner but made the preliminary assessments as to whether I was a suitable candidate, the number of grafts and very little mention of maintaining my hair with meds.

He also said that I wouldn't need to meet/interact with the Dr until the day of the surgery and that I didn't need to.

That is quite common of many surgeons.

Did he make ANY mention of medication to slow down the balding process? I quite wary of the risks of Proprecia and don't like it when consultants or surgeons suggest it to un-informed patients because they almost never go through the risks involved.

Regarding the discounts thing... Everyone loves a discount, but it does seem aggressively persuasive... You have a point there.

There was no mention. He showed a few videos of the procedure, took a density reading and drew a hairline. Gave a few costs etc.

If they hold consultations abroad they should get the Dr to attend, much like the top clinics do. Otherwise they just come across as salesmen.

There was no mention. He showed a few videos of the procedure, took a density reading and drew a hairline. Gave a few costs etc.

If they hold consultations abroad they should get the Dr to attend, much like the top clinics do. Otherwise they just come across as salesmen.

H&W, Feller etc typically do outbound consults without the surgeon present unless I'm mistaken?I can see your point because it's in person but that is not isolated to just Maras. But I'm not defending him, just making some observations. :) Your points should be noted and taken into consideration.

Edited by Mickey85

Bill, would it be possible to get a few more results from Dr Maras? Does he do all the extractions himself or is is shared/delegated? What particular manual punch does he use(I asked ALEXD in another thread recently, I want to add it to my database)?

Dr Maras and HDC attract patients from many countries like Greece, UK, italy Spain, Romania,Israel and Middle East. For each country/language we have a patient coordinator/educator in order to have the initial contact with the patient. All of our patient coordinators are either hair transplant technicians or they have undergone a hair transplant themselves. For example George mentioned in this thread, has undergone a hair transplant himself and therefore can understand much better the psychology of a hair transplant patient. I have had a hair transplant myself and i had already presented my case in this forum.

It is humanly impossible for one doctor to be in contact initially with all these potential patients from so many different countries and different languages if in the meantime must perform and supervise on a daily basis the actual procedures. However we welcome any patient who wants to come to our clinic in Cyprus to have a direct consultation with the doctor. For some patients HDC can cover the traveling expenses and accommodation to come to our clinic for a consultation with Dr Maras.

Regards

Alex

Alex Demetriades

International Patient Coordinator

HDC Hair Transplant Clinic

---------------------------------------------------

Dr. Maras is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Bill, would it be possible to get a few more results from Dr Maras? Does he do all the extractions himself or is is shared/delegated? What particular manual punch does he use(I asked ALEXD in another thread recently, I want to add it to my database)?

Hi Mickey85,

I will prepare more patient results once back to the clinic on Monday morning. I will let you know about the punch he uses as well.

Regards

Alex

Alex Demetriades

I would support this recommendation, HDC are a solid clinic and i have seen many results from this clinic over the years which have impressed, dare i say even better than the ones HDC have actually posted on this forum, however i am not certain if Dr Maras is the only Doc so it is possible the results i have seen from HDC may have been from another Doc working for HDC.

Dr Maras and HDC attract patients from many countries like Greece, UK, italy Spain, Romania,Israel and Middle East. For each country/language we have a patient coordinator/educator in order to have the initial contact with the patient. All of our patient coordinators are either hair transplant technicians or they have undergone a hair transplant themselves. For example George mentioned in this thread, has undergone a hair transplant himself and therefore can understand much better the psychology of a hair transplant patient. I have had a hair transplant myself and i had already presented my case in this forum.

It is humanly impossible for one doctor to be in contact initially with all these potential patients from so many different countries and different languages if in the meantime must perform and supervise on a daily basis the actual procedures. However we welcome any patient who wants to come to our clinic in Cyprus to have a direct consultation with the doctor. For some patients HDC can cover the traveling expenses and accommodation to come to our clinic for a consultation with Dr Maras.

Regards

Alex

That's fair enough but I contacted 4 other clinics and each of them got the Dr to review my photos, 2 of the coalition Drs replied in person. In each case they were cautious in explaining the limitations of what I may be getting into and recommending finasteride and minoxidil for at least a year.

I do think you are producing great results though and am ok with the recommendation.

Mickey,

Did you take a look at the previous potential recommendation topic, which includes several additional examples of his results? I believe Alex has presented over 15 examples of Dr. Maras work and results on this forum, which are viewable in the "Results Posted by Leading Hair Transplant Clinics" forum. The above is just some of the recent examples he's posted.

Best wishes,

Bill

Bill I did not see that thread! My apologies. I thought the above listed were the only results he posted. I'll review them and express my sentiments but from what I have seen, I have liked.

After some deliberation and viewing more of Dr. Maras's results on the foreign forums, I can say I endorse his induction. Not all the photos were of acceptable quality so I did not take them into consideration but the clinic posted results showed great work. Bill knows I would rather no FUE surgeon inducted than a bad FUE surgeon inducted but I can honestly say Dr. Maras should be recommended. Very clean suture work also, much like Dr Bisanga!

That's fair enough but I contacted 4 other clinics and each of them got the Dr to review my photos, 2 of the coalition Drs replied in person. In each case they were cautious in explaining the limitations of what I may be getting into and recommending finasteride and minoxidil for at least a year.

I do think you are producing great results though and am ok with the recommendation.

Hi 1978matt,

Thank you for supporting the recomendation of Dr Maras.

Our patient coordinators providing face to face consultations with potential patients in a location that the Dr is not present give their own estimation based on the philosophy of the Dr and clinic and their vast experience. Further more all patient photos, donor density calculations, hairline designs and number of grafts estimated are approved by the Dr himself prior to the final agreement of the patient coordinator and the patient for his hair restoration plan.

Any patient requesting direct consultation with the Dr after the initial contact with the patient coordinator a Skype live consultation with the Dr can be arranged.

Regards

Alex

Alex Demetriades

Hi Mickey85,

Dr Maras does all the punch himself and part of the extraction. The rest of the extraction is deligated to our( not part time or fly in) technicians with proven truck record results over time.

Regards

Alex

Alex Demetriades

Thanks for everyone's input regarding the potential recommendation of Dr. Maras. In my opinion, Alex has done a terrific job in presenting over a dozen examples of Dr. Maras' results and addressing various questions related to photos showing Dr. Maras's results, Dr. Maras, and his technique.

Given Dr. Maras' dedication to state of the art FUT via strip excision and FUE and the positive feedback we received regarding his inclusion, I'd like to congratulate Dr. Maras for being approved on the Hair Transplant Network. To view his recommendation profile, click here.

I look forward to seeing many more great results from Dr. Maras in the time to come.

Onwards and Upwards,

Bill

Brooks,

We recently approved Dr. Maras for recommendation (see above). In looking back at your posting history, I do see that you alluded to concerns and problems with HDC without providing any specifics. You also referenced on another thread that you will not disclose the details of your experience and photos until you've had a chance to resolve your concerns by "going through the appropriate channels".

While we welcome all patients to share their genuine experiences and opinions, occasionally hinting at concerns without specific details and photos isn't constructive for anyone. It's also unfair to the clinic who can't adequately respond to your concerns.

If you are not willing to disclose all the details surrounding your experience with photos and host a discussion allowing HDC to share their side of the story, then I I ask that you wait until you are ready. Otherwise, I suggest starting a new topic to discuss the details of your experience with photos as long as you are willing to allow HDC to share their side of the story.

To see how we handle patient disputes, visit "Maintaining a Fair and Safe Environment on our Forum for both Patients and Physicians".

Best wishes,

Bill

• 1 year later...

Hi Guys,

I have booked my FUE HT With DR. Maras on the basis of results seen on this forum and after visiting their clinic and meeting Dr. Maras personally. He has suggested me 3000 grafts. I want to open a thread for my experience with HDC Cyprus. I also chooses this clinic as I have moved to Cyprus temporary and the location is convenient for my HT.

thanks again for everyone's efforts.