My experience with Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, 2364 grafts by FUE to restore hairline

i dont know .... may be they cheated on me....i hope they havent....its not that dense...it was about 60 grafts per cm2....lets wait the results....and if the results eont satisfy me ... i would go for topup with dr bhatti...because he is a super surgeon

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

..snip...

B.). I have a vested interest in having my second procedure done with your surgeon myself, and found your case of particular interest to me.

...snip...

Best,

Mike

Hi Mike,

I think you are referring to Dr. Bhatti with your comment. I'm considering both Dr. Rahal and Dr. Bhatti for my HT. It's not that I want to compare surgeons here but more of a general question on how to chose a fitting Dr.. How did you settle on Dr. Rahal for your first HT and why would you consider Dr. Bhatti for your second?

Cheers,

Thomas

• 3 months later...

Questionmark:

i want to somewhat take back what I said. I saw your latest photos and I think your hairline looks good. I think before I said fair. It looks natural to me, and if I wanted to get an FUE procedure, I would seriously consider Dr. B.

Very good results from a motorized punch. I'm impressed overall. I think seeing more patients in person, or perhaps even a video with your hair sans product would seal my so far positive impression.

I would be happy if I were you (I'm sure you are!)

Thanks recedingboy, but all good :) I am pretty happy, yes, though I think about getting a touchup with nape hair some day. Very curious about that... Good idea with a video, I don`t know, maybe if I got time and an adequate camera, I`ll consider this. Until then we can skype if you want, just pm me. Greetings :)

Questionmark:

I found some examples of the not so perfect hairline I was referring to.

The first one, in particular. I cant put my finger on it but it doesnt look feathered or that natural.

I'd like to hear everyones thoughts. Why do some of the results look very natural and some like in the above videos?

Have a look at this post from Dr. Bhatti

Hairline Design:

Hi Blake and members of the Forum,

When I was undergoing training in aesthetic plastic surgery, my professor and mentor Dr Ian T. Jackson (Southfield,MI,USA) used to often say- “Crazy doctors operate on crazy patients!” I could not help but it has stuck with me throughout my practice and now that I am in full time hair transplant practice, this caution reflected in the conservative hairlines I once routinely liked to do.

It is not that I am not open to discussion and meeting patients’ needs if they are within esthetic guidelines and norms. However since I first joined the forum criticism has mellowed me down a bit and I am less likely to be so persuasive as I was earlier of strictly observing the “Rule of Thirds” and designing hairlines to suit one’s racial characteristics only. It is a global village now- a patient (of Indian ethnicity) who came in from Birmingham and who is a professional singer in an African band wanted me to do an African straight hairline with clear geometric transition points. Now see what I did. I would never have done this 2 years ago. The patient after 5 months is elated!

(see pictures- the first picture in sunglasses is with a masking paint he wore before the procedure!)

Also see this client for example who received an SMP procedure at a novice clinic and when he needed a hair transplant, I had no choice but to place the hairline along the SMP hairline since he was getting married in less than a year!

(see pictures)- details will be posted tomorrow when I discuss Body Hair Transplants and my philosophy- my pet topic.

This said, I have rarely had to counsel a past patient with a ‘conservative hairline’ returning and wanting his hairline lowered when the hair have fully grown. However hairlines can also be lowered with minimal grafts thus-

If any clinic has a green thumb, it has won more than half the battle since a head full of hair is the first objective always and every time. Hairline design is important but there is more esthesis involved in this than are any important technical considerations. The final hairline should dovetail so wonderfully the esthetic judgement of the doctor and the desire of the patient while keeping in mind realistic long term goals without throwing caution to the wind. I will never do a low hairline which is less than the length of the nose and which does not have temporal recessions in the male. As a word of caution to some and solace for others, I never forget to tell each one of my patients when we are at hairline design- “you can never set back a wrongly placed hairline but can always move a high hairline down.”

This is my usual hairline and it is criticised all over the forum by a few members but whom I respect for their constructive criticism. If there were no critics in this world, how would one introspect, improve and remain competitive?

(see pictures)

I agree that I have done some harsh hairlines before but the patients had extremely low single yield which is common in Indian clients. In such cases you can soften the hairline using chest hair but then there is the limitation of budget since body hair is expensive. You can examine one of my earlier harsher hairlines in this video-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reWY3RasPv4&feature=youtu.be

However the patient was getting married in 6 months time and he did not feel any difference. The result seen is after 6 months of the procedure.

For hairline design I observe a few yardsticks rather strictly-

1. Is the patient psychologically stable to decide on his hair line? If the patient is stable and the hairline requested is within laid down norms but I think it is not suiting his face I will advise him accordingly but if he insists I would take his signature on a photograph with his hairline for future record. Many a patient can turn back and say many years later when they are older and mature in thought- “Oh Doc! But you should have told me so!”

2. Has he done his research well? This is mostly the case with patients who have been on one forum or the other- especially the HRN, BTT and Hairsite.

3. I make it a point to give the patient ample time to make a considered decision regarding hairline design and placement. This is done 4 times-

(a) Online or in-person consultation wherein I first ask him to try and draw his hairline himself. Thereafter I draw one which I feel suits his face. Usually a compromise is reached midway if it is a young patient. Patients above 30 years usually ask the doctor for his advice! The patient then is asked to click pictures of the hairline since memory regarding hairlines has been found to be very short term in my practice!

(b) If the patient has not had to the chance to come for a in person consult, he send in his pictures which are marked and sent back. We then try and reach a mutually agreeable hairline and this is locked.

© The second time is the day before the procedure so the patient can mull it over one full evening before he turns up for the procedure.

(d) The 3rd instance is the last time- he has to finally commit to a hairline design. This is on the day of the procedure before trimming is done. Measurements are taken and photographs clicked for reference during the procedure.

(e) The 4th time when the patient can give only ‘minor’ suggestions is when he is turned around after the harvesting is complete, before slit making. However at this point since the hair has been trimmed down and there are no landmarks to relate to, taking the patient’s advice can be detrimental to the whole plan. The patient is not encouraged to make any major change. Measurements are compared to the pictures taken before the hair were trimmed.

Though not dogmatic about it I am of the firm belief that patients’ objectives and goals keep changing with age. I have seen many a patient regretting getting a lower hairline at 25 years many years later when the balding has proceeded to an extensive stage and not much donor area has been left. With experience, I have learnt not to fall into the “20s trap” when the patient (mostly in the 20s) starts to hard-sell his home-made low hairline design!

If there be any questions you may have for me, I would be pleased to answer to the best of my ability.

You can find it here with pictures: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/175737-potential-recommendation-dr-tejinder-bhatti-chandigarh-india-14.html

Questionmark:

I found some examples of the not so perfect hairline I was referring to.

The first one, in particular. I cant put my finger on it but it doesnt look feathered or that natural.

I'd like to hear everyones thoughts. Why do some of the results look very natural and some like in the above videos?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with any of the hairlines that you have put here, though a lot of Hair Transplant Surgeons who only advocate of doing a widows peak hairline, there is no thumb rule that you cannot have a more round hairline, even in real

Life if you see you will see numerous, numerous people having a round hairline, naturally, does that mean all those have a artificial looking hairline. No !! You can do a online search to find this and you would find numerous results ! Just like in your first youtube link here.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi Guys

Just wanted to know if anyone else had expereinced sensory loss to top of the head following HT on this area. I had FUE 3000 to front and mid scalp 6months ago and since then this area feels numb,though this improved very slightly, however still not normal.

Welcome your feedback