My experience with Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, 2364 grafts by FUE to restore hairline

Spanker,

Thanks so much for going to bat for me and the other gentleman here. I just noticed the PS in the comment above, and wanted to chime in as well.

Questionmark,

As Spanker mentioned in his post above, there was absolutely ZERO ill-willed/rude intentions by speaking about you in the third person. In formal conversation, it would certainly be perceived as rude, but when it is a group discussion in a casual environment like an online forum?.....well, it still may be rude, but not with that intention in mind. I'm so used to doing it and see others do it, that it becomes common practice. Please keep in mind that I responded to your post because A.) I am impressed with your result and thought that your progress to date warranted a compliment and B.). I have a vested interest in having my second procedure done with your surgeon myself, and found your case of particular interest to me.

I hope that helps clarify my intentions, and I am sincerely sorry if I offended you or anyone else here in any way.

Best,

Mike

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spanker, Mike, (and the other guy),

maybe I have caused some misunderstanding, too..

At first I didn`t feel offended at all, and the term "rude" doesn`t actuallly match the word I actually meant, it is more of a very very much weakened "rude" (sorry my english..) I only asked out of an honest interest.

I don`t wanna make a discussion out of that, but for me, it is natural to adress the person related, if he`s present, at least him and the others, but not only the others. It would be totally different f.e. if Dr. X presents a case of a patient that doesn`t has access to the thread, you know what I mean?

So please no worries, I am laughing my arse off this conversation :D Maybe you got the wrong impression, please feel free to write as you please, only just write ;-)

Edited by Questionmark

Mike,

interesting that you yet think about a next transplant! Your progress so far is quite awesome I think. Why bother about that now? Just enjoy the new head of hair hair you got. Or have you become addicted :) I somehow know that :rolleyes:

Btw thanks for the compliment, even it should actually be passed over to Dr. Bhatti :o

I am really quite enthusiastic about the new hairline, as it shapes my face in a way I always wanted. Of course it`s not that huge difference like in bigger cases as yours, but I am so damn happy about it, I catch myself looking in the mirror with another feeling, not worrying anymore about my hairline, but in the opposite feeling just very pleased. Have to be aware I won`t mutate into a peacock :P

The transplants don`t grow as fast as the other hair, so I have to have a haircut every two weeks, but I let them just cut the hairs behind, so the hairs blend better.

(The last four years I used to avoid the hairdresser, let my hair cut at home by my cousin who is a hairdresser, and even she always told me that I am receding :( )

Every three to four days I can see siginficant change/progress in the overall hair appearance, which is just great, and it turns out more and more that the decision for a HT was one of the best choices I`ve ever made (far after marrying of course :rolleyes: )

Just wanted to share this, as few posters actually strongly express their positive feelings.

In this context, thanks again all guys here on the HRN for so much valuable input I could gather over the last year!

What can I say? Hair greed??! :-). I'm not doing anything for a while, but know I want to eventually!

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

I agree with recedingboy - if the guy looks this good at only four months? He's look great at month 7, and amazing at month 12 and beyond. I think this is a home run for a guy with a receded hairline.

Questionmark: Can you snap a few close-up, well-lit, well-focused, hi-resolution pics of your actual hairline and post them here in this thread? The HT Journal/Blog site shrinks the pics down to tiny size. I'd like to see some more detail to get excited over, since I'm almost exactly one month behind you in the waiting period of my most recent procedure, which was also all about the hairline!

I want to clarify I think you have misunderstood. I think Dr. B offers tremendous value in terms of cost to density. I do not think he is a "home run" for receded hairlines. I think his hairlines require a bit more artistry, thought and close examination of how hairlines actually look on guys with no hairloss.

That being said, I believe Dr. B is a standup guy (ANYONE with those kind of rates for FUE must not be greedy), and his density looks, to me, as good as the best from Europe. Artistry, softness of hairline, not so much.

Regarding the poster stating it is rude to talk in 3rd person, I certainly did not intend it that way. I don't think most Westerners would either. Sorry if you felt that way anyways.

Thanks for the posting, and please keep the progress coming. The more information and options for all of us, whether we be Eastern or Western, wealthy or cash strapped, whatever or wherever we may come from, the better. No one surgeon is the right choice for EVERYONE.

Lol, I am western, too, but we germans appearently are more sensitive. Nation of philosophers and poets :rolleyes:

No for real, please read my before previous post, it`s all cool, no need to apologize for nothing..

Hello,

Looking good so far, impressive.

I am also thinking about booking my procedure with Dr. Bhatti. I was hoping if you can answer few questions. . How far in advance did you book your surgery? Did you speak to Dr. Bhatti before scheduling your appointment? What type of deposit he require to book the procedure? Finally what was the per day charge for the hotel and did you book it online?

Thanks,

Zmaster....

@ Bronte: Thanks mate!

@ Zmaster:

As for me, I booked my surgery short-term due to conflicting schedules. I benefitted from a free spot by a local patient whoms procedure had been postponed. Otherwise I would have had to wait app. 3 months, so I was lucky.

I didn`t speak to him via phone or skype, but we had lots and lots of Emails and he always answered very quickly and patiently (I really had a 1000 questions ;-) )

I now know that he does Skype consultations, too.

I had to deposit 250 USD before on a bank account.

Ouf, I think the hotel was 50 or 60 USD per night, but I maybe wrong. Let`s say that it`s affordable ;-) Dr. Bhattis office can book the hotel and the intra indian transfers for you (flights I don`t know, but taxi for sure).

If you see him, say hi from me :)

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. I am looking to get the procedure done in early October. So did you have his office book the hotel for you? How far is the hotel from his clinic?

I am located in Illinois.

Thanks,

Zmaster

How far is the hotel from his clinic?

I am located in Illinois.

I hope there isn`t a coherent context between those two phrases. If so, I would advise you to better have a sleep in the hotel :D

Just kidding, the hotel I resided in is the Altius, which I would strongly recommend, too (The food is exceptional!). It is about 5 minutes by taxi from Dr. Bhattis clinic. I asssume that Dr. Bhatti will have moved into a new, bigger clinic by the time you`ll have your procedure, but that should also be only about 5-10 minutes from the Altius. Dr. Bhattis office will organise everything for you. You get a call from the reception once the taxi is ready to pick you up.

If you have any additional questions, please go ahead. You can also PM me, f.e..

I want to clarify I think you have misunderstood. I think Dr. B offers tremendous value in terms of cost to density. I do not think he is a "home run" for receded hairlines. I think his hairlines require a bit more artistry, thought and close examination of how hairlines actually look on guys with no hairloss.

That being said, I believe Dr. B is a standup guy (ANYONE with those kind of rates for FUE must not be greedy), and his density looks, to me, as good as the best from Europe. Artistry, softness of hairline, not so much.

Well I guess it's good to be picky and discriminating in this kind of thing, and I might be swayed to more strongly agree or disagree on the hairline quality here if some more detailed pics were posted; maybe I'm just not seeing enough detail.

[EDIT - weird double-post] - Ugh... I hit the Post Reply button for that last post and then went and took my dog for a walk and made french toast, and when I got back to the computer it said it had encountered a page error, so I hit Refresh and it made a double post - so I guess the first post actually went through... Weird...

@ Othersyde: Lol, now it`s weird ;-) I have a dog, too, awesome creatures :-)

@ Zmaster: I had my scabs off on days 10 - 12, as far as I remember. I was very careful as I didn`t want to damage anything...

I think as a new member, you are not allowed yet to PM, but I`ll send you my EMail.

• 4 months later...

Questionmark,

Hope everything is going well. I did see your pictures from September. The density looks really good, you have quite a bush growing there!

You still have another 5 months of potential growth so that is pretty amazing considering.

When you get a chance, if you could take some closeups. Based on my previous response you know I probably over analyze things but the reality is 99% of the population does not. At some point there can be those that sit and do nothing that continue to obsess looking for the "perfect" solution (like me) and then those that go and do it and even if not 100% perfect, they are 99% and at least those get it done, and move on in life and - as you said, stopped obsessing over their receding hairline.

It is sad on one hand that such high economic burdens are attached to hair transplantation at the same time heartwarming to hear of doctors such as Dr. Bhatti who still keep it reasonable. That actually gets "brownie points" from me. To compare anyone's hairlines to those of Dr. Konior (who charges at least 12x as much as Dr. B.) is illogical. I do hope those that run this site consider recommending Dr. B. and give him a fair price considering he does for so many.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

dr devinderjit s walia....ishrs certified....his results are good...how many grafts do u think they have implanted....they made me count the grafts...but i guess the area is too small...i asked tbem to pack densely....they implanted at 60 cm2 ....plus i had existing 20 hairs per cm 2 area...dobu think these are 2500 grafts....they actually made me count 2600

Does these seem to b 2500 grafts...please answer frnds

That, to me, looks like less than 2,500... Look at the pics of my second HT in my blog - the area of hair is very similar to this, and mine only took 1,552 grafts! I mean I imagine a skilled surgeon could do this with 2,500 grafts -with super-dense packing - but I would guess somewhere between 1,500 to 1,900 or so for this procedure, roughly.