Talizi Clinic Georgia

JCTib27

Does anyone have any experience with the doctors at this clinic. They say they have been in business for 15 years and the surgeons are members of the ISHRS (is this something respected) I would be happy to hear any thoughts or experiences.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi JCTib27. I had a procedure done at Talizi towards the end of February (less than 3 months ago).

Assuming that is a photo of the top of your head on your profile then my hairloss pattern was very much like yours except I would have described myself as Norwood III.

I booked the procedure with Talizi almost 9 months in advance and it was originally intended that I would receive 2,500 grafts, the very bulk of which were to be placed in the frontal one third and a some in the crown also as I had lost some hair there. However, as it transpired with the use of minixodil and proscar medication between booking and getting the procedure done I experienced good regrowth in the crown so it was decided to leave that as was and concentrate on the frontal one third and hairline alone.

I recieved the full 2,500 grafts in the frontal third by means of FUT method. In fact they went a little over this number 2,518 grafts if I recall correctly. I had quite a number of 2 and 3 hair grafts but was only charged €1.20 per graft (I know many surgeries charge you per hair as opposed to per graft). All in the procedure cost €3,000 so I was not charged for the additional 18 grafts I recieved either (I know 18 grafts would not be a hell of a lot extra but all the same it was a gesture on their part and shows that money is not the be all and end all with them either I think). My accommodation for 3 days in Tbilisi and transfer to and from the airport was also covered in the €3,000.

Dr Akaki Tsilosani is the chief surgeon in the clinic and is seemingly much accredited. For my procedure the chief surgeon was Dr. Vaja Vadachkoria and he seemed well in control of what he was doing. I personally organised my procedure through their Irish representative here in Ireland

As I say its less than 3 months since the procedure so it is still very early days really. I probably shed quite a lot of the transplanted hairs later than normal I reckon so am possibly a small bit more behind than the average guy might be at this stage. Having said that I can see some small baby hairs sprouting, particularly over the past week or so. I did notice a hair or 2 that may have being badly placed but if it turns out just to be a couple of hairs only I can live with that. Hard to tell at this early stage and the next few months will probably tell a lot and sorry I can tell you no more about the result presently.

A tricophytic wound closure method was used following the strip being cut out. Apparently there are pros and cons to this method. It is expected to result in a scar which is undetectable to the naked eye but it is also said that some hairs are lost using this method. Further reading and debate is available on the site on this type of wound closure and its pros and cons. I must say I am really very impressed with how my wound has healed and no doubt it will improve that bit further over the coming months also.

Over all they seem to me to be a professional outfit. The surgery seemed clean, not squeeky clean but adequately clean and more importantly it seemed that their equipment was kept clean and sterile as far as I could tell.

Unfortunately I'm probably not in a position to recommend them yet because as I have said its away too early to tell how my final result will look. Overall Georgia seems a nice country and the people are generally nice although there is a language barrier there. Many people are not able to speak english or only have a few basic words of english, especially the older generation. If you are having a procedure done there be careful and have your wits about you crossing the roads as they drive like maniacs and safe driving does not seem high on their agenda:)

So thats my experience. Sorry I am not in a position to advise you further as its still away too early to see any of the final result following the procedure. Hopefully somebody else may be able to chime in and advise you further based on their experience there...

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi to those had HT with Dr Akaki clinic in Georgia, I am considering having my TH with them. Need to know if you guys are happy and satisifed with your results. Please advise.

I had my consultation on line and spoke to Dr Akaki on phone, I found his advise abit odd, considereing his experience and his qualifications(PHD). He told me that he would be using chest hair for my hair line and a mexture of head and body hair to increase density on front, top and to cover the crown area. I asked why chest hair, they do not grow as long as head hair and more importantly my head can provide up to 4000 hair with combination of FUT AND FUE. Then he said yes, he would do what ever i want.

sultsay

i already plan to go talize clinic in start of next month but did not have much reviews about that clinic please you tell me about your result

thanks

shery, have you had your HT with Talizi clinic yet? how was your experience?

sultsay