Hair Transplant Patient of the Week: Levrais' 5,700 Graft FUE with Dr. Bisanga

This week's Hair Transplant Patient of the Week is Levrais, who received 5,700 grafts via Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) from Dr. Bisanga.

In 2010, Levrais decided to treat his hair loss surgically, and sought an FUE expert for the procedure. Eventually, Levrais found Dr. Bisanga, and underwent a 1,500 graft FUE procedure to rebuild his hairline. Because the first procedure was a success, Levrais returned to Dr. Bisanga in 2011 and underwent a 2,500 graft procedure to treat the frontal 1/3rd of his scalp, temple points, and part of the vertex. Finally, Levrais decided to "add the finishing touches" to his hair restoration journey, and sought a 3rd procedure from Dr. Bisanga in 2012. During the final surgery, Dr. Bisanga used 1,700 grafts (creating a grand total of 5,700 FUE grafts) to increase the density of the vertex and "touch up" a few areas of the midscalp.

Recently, Levrais shared a 5 month update of his third procedure with Dr. Bisanga, and the overall results are excellent! To review the 5 month update, please see the following:

5,700 Graft FUE with Dr. Bisanga (the 5 month update is on page 6)

Additionally, to follow Bisanga's complete hair restoration journey, please see the following:

Levrais' Hair Restoration Site

Please join me in congratulating Levrais!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Excellent case Levrais. Makes me look forward to my op with Dr B even more. Unless I missed something, all 5,700 grafts were taken from your scalp. Is that correct?

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

Ah ok, that makes a bit more sense.

I'm in BHR on Aug 22-23. Very excited, in a very nervous and apprehensive way!

Got my hair cut today for the first time in 4 months and it just hit home that I'm definitely making the right choice. I got a #5 on side and back, and tight trim on top. It's somewhat of a military style, with the fringe up. My thinning pattern is rare in men in that I'm on the Ludwig scale, and it's mostly behind my hairline/forelock/midscalp where I'm getting the work done.

Fingers crossed this time next year I'll be just as happy as you are with the work.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

Ah ok, that makes a bit more sense.

I'm in BHR on Aug 22-23. Very excited, in a very nervous and apprehensive way!

Got my hair cut today for the first time in 4 months and it just hit home that I'm definitely making the right choice. I got a #5 on side and back, and tight trim on top. It's somewhat of a military style, with the fringe up. My thinning pattern is rare in men in that I'm on the Ludwig scale, and it's mostly behind my hairline/forelock/midscalp where I'm getting the work done.

Fingers crossed this time next year I'll be just as happy as you are with the work.

The time will go by surprisingly fast. The excitement and the nerves can get a little crazy until you actually get the the chair. Then things settle down. It sounds like your situation may be a blessing (as hair loss goes) since you will have your natural hairline. I'm sure Dr B will do an amazing job.

In my case I'm sure I could have gotten another 600+ grafts from the scalp but I wanted to add a few beard hairs to see how it goes. Beard can potentially be another couple thousand grafts if ever needed.

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

Levrais,

Again, congratulations!!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I can't understand why he needed that many grafts for such minor hair loss.

Hi Ko,

My hair looked better in my before pics than it actually was. Most of the hair in my frontal third was miniaturized and not really style-able. I was able to fake it so to speak by keeping my hair short. If I didn't get a haircut every 3 weeks, the loss was much more obvious. Also, I've decided not to take meds so much of that miniaturized hair has since been lost and the crown continued to thin. If not for the 5700 grafts I would most likely be a solid NW 5 by now and probably heading towards a 6.

The timing of it all worked out quite well in that most people around me didn't know how extensive my hair loss was so they haven't noticed that I've had a ht. Most of the comments I get from the unknowing is that my hair looks thicker.

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874