My first HT with Dr Madhu - 2720 FUT

django

Hi All,

I had my first hair transplant with Dr. Madhu two days before. The experience was quite great and it was as expected after reading a lot of posts in this forum.

I am an Indian and 28 years of age. I was always suspicious/adamnt of getting hair transplant and since last 6 months i am using hairconcealers and was satisfied with the result for some time. But then i got irritated that i had to apply this every day in the morning and some times itching on my head resulted in all these paint like thing in my fingers when i scratch.

Then one day i heard the topic of hair tranplant in my office when someone was discussing and then that night i started looking over internet and i came across this forum. I looked in to lot of posts from the members and their results and was satisfied and decided that i need to get a transplant. I loked in to the recommended doctors in this forum and shortlisted on Dr Madhu and Dr. Radha. As both of them looked good from the results of patients, i decided to go for consultation with Dr Madhu on April 2nd as i stay in Hyderabad and his hospital is very close to my place.

Initialy i am prepared for 400 grafts, but during my consultation Dr Madhu mentioned that my donor area is small and the density is average and he said we can expect 2500- 2800 grafts and cover the frontal region.He said it is not possible to cover my crown region. I am bit dissapointed but accepted the fact and agreed and scheduled my appointment in 15 days. i also got a second opinion from Dr Radha via online consultation and even she mentioned the same.

Coming to my story, I couldnt sleep the previous night at all, i checking my clock every 30 minutesto check if its 5 AM and finalyy it is and then i got ready and I reached the clinic sharp at 6:30 A.M. as per the given time to me.

On reaching there, Dr. Deepak, Junior Doctor at the Clinic had doe basic tests[blodd pressure, injection[TT]].Initially my BP was high then he asked me to relax for some time and he again tsted after 10 minutes and then Then, I was given some medicines to reduce the tension/anxiety level and was asked to take rest for around 10-15 mins then again in another 10 minutes he checked my BP :-) Then he said it is fine :-)

After that, I met Dr. Madhu, who drew a hairline on my head I readily agreed to the line the drew. Few, pre-op pics of mine were taken. So later at around 07:30 A.M., I was taken inside the Surgical Room where Dr. Madhu was ready to begin the surgery.So then, coming to the surgery,Dr madhu told me, that initially it will pain for some time and it did pain a bit while he was giving injections of local anesthesia to me. I lied down on the bed and Dr. Madhu started working on me.I could hear some noise something being torn :-), After this i am not aware of anything at all, i was listening to music that is being played.

then after few mins, he was done with it[donor area stip removal], he did something on my recepient area and handed me over to his staff for implanting grafts.There were around 3 female staff members who were working around me for quite a long time and planting the grafts. It was paining on and off. During half way i startd feeling uneasy and i told them then they told me to relax and everything is normal and gave me some juice, and asked me to take deep breath. Then i was back to normal :-)

Dr. Madhu kept coming in every 10 mins to check, whether everything was going on fine.They continued to implant the grafts and at last i started feeling some pain and i mentioned that, Dr madhu said that the procedure is almost complete and will be done in short time. He saw the hair line and mentioned some change and they continued working on that.This last 10-15 minutes is the worst part :-). Dr. Madhu woke me up and showed me the mirror. I was ok with everything.

Dr Madhu mentioned that the ytried to extract 3000 grafts but were able to get 2720 grafts.

the break-up of which is as under:-

Singles - 820

Doubles - 1620

Triples - 280

Total Grafts: 2720

Total No. of Hairs: 4900

It was around 12:00 P.M. by then and I was bought to another room and asked to take rest.I changed from the surgical dress and wore my shirt. They then took immediate post-op photos and gave me biscuits, juice and medicines I then took rest for some time and then they tied the band, which they asked me to wear till 3 days.

I went again for the hair wash today[3rd day], and they told me instructions on how o should to my hair wash. They asked me to come again to removal of stiches in four days, and that after that i can go for hair trimming[for the rest of the head].Dr. Madhu spoke to me again today and asked me if everything is fine and he told that now is the difficult part i.e., to wait for the results.Dr madhu is a great guy, he is adown to earth person , he speaks very well, he is calm and composed and very friendly and I am glad that I chose him for my transplant. Not only him, the Junior Drs, Dr. Vijetha & Dr. Deepak, other staff members, whom I encountered were all really great.

Last but not the least, I thank this forum for giving me such knowledge about H.T. and I guess, without this forum, I might have not considered hair transplant and must have gone fully bald like Larry [from Curb your enthusiasm]

30 days before i didn't have hair transplant in my mind at all and now i have my head with new hair transplanted :-)

Please see the pictures and give your opinions on my transplant.

20130401_203820.jpg.2fd0e820d831fad9cecca3b3d14dd14e.jpg

20130401_204619.jpg.57e1db5e6f2b9c80062640c509bc12e6.jpg

20130401_204630.jpg.794c323d453809b7236b664b06f90da0.jpg

20130417_162610.jpg.65ce05512517501fa304c28b7fe204ad.jpg

20130417_162715.jpg.16ba3726d557677a3764cf23f29a563d.jpg

Django,

Congratulations! Thank you for sharing. Look forward to future updates.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Congratulations on your recent hair transplant with Dr. Madhu. The work looks great! Please keep us posted on your progress.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I'm really happy for you and I'm sure you'll love the results, but I'd like to know why both doctors told you that you don't have enough for your crown because a year and a half from now you'll be looking in the mirror and saying "I NEED MY CROWN DONE!" and you'll need 3/4000 for that.

@evil

My back part of the head is small and also the doctor mentioned that the donor density is on the average side. I will definitely think of another session to cover the crown part , if things go well in next 8 months.

looks great. love the hairline design. but, I wud agree you will need another 2000-2500 to complete the crown but chit at .50 Rs that's nothn! thats like $2300. no reason more and more ppl are going to India. great results and even better prices.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi All,

I've experienced hair loss for last 4-5 years and finally i have decided to have hair transplant. I researched about hair transplant procedures and people who can deal it in a better way. Finally I've decided to have my hair transplant done by Dr Madhu.

I approached Dr Madhu who has his clinic in Hyderabad. He explained me about my current hair condition and what can be done to make it better. Has i had lot of hair loss ,medication for hair growth was not possible and he informed me about hair transplant.

I underwent hair transplant and Dr madhu used FUE and FUT during the hair transplant surgery. Initially i planned to use just FUT but later as the surgery went on Dr Madhu and i decided to use FUE as well.

On the total i used 3560 grafts on which through FUT i had 2180 grafts and through FUE i had 1380 grafts.

I though the surgery will take lot of time but thanks to DR Madhu and his team for making it fast and making me feel comfortable and pain free during the surgery. His team was extra cautious and were always helpful and taking care of me. It was really amazing that the FUE was done pretty. Dr madhu and his team took just 1hr to implant 1380 grafts though FUE. I was very happy the way the surgey was done and support i received from each and every menber of the Dr madhu clinic

I would also like to mention about a Jr doctor who works at the Dr madhu clinic. She was very helpful and provided quality information. Before we approach Dr madhu directly it is mandatory that we need to consult with the Jr doctor who will be avilable in that clinic. Initially when i approached her she gave to lot of quality information and suggested aout FUE and FUT. that information really helped me.

On the whole would like to thank Dr madhu and his team for the support and quality work done for my hair transplant surgery.

• 4 months later...