My 2500 Grafts HT w/ PRP/ACell treatment Journey with Dr.Cooley

Yes, listen to Spanker. Recent transplantees can guide and encourage you. Especially the ones that are just a few months ahead of you. I'm behind you on my timetable, but know the crappy times as I am in one right now but on my second HT with a great doc. 6 weeks out, nothing goin on

, just itch and dead time. Use these guys and there words if they say wait then wait, if they say this is when the fun times start put a :-) on and enjoy my friend. In all the turmoils of slowly losing hair and going through the BS forr years..these are your months to watch it all go in the opposite direction you have suffered for so long. Enjoy, document, start to look at new hairstyles that fit your hair type, just have fun with it. Its been way to long since you and your hair have had a good time

Edited by Midwest00

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, listen to Spanker. Recent transplantees can guide and encourage you. Especially the ones that are just a few months ahead of you. I'm behind you, but know the crappy times as I am in one right now but on my second HT with a great doc. 6 weeks out, nothing goin on

, just itch and dead time. Use these guys and there words if they say wait then wait, if they say this is when the fun times start put a :-) on and enjoy my friend. In all the turmoils of slowly losing hair and going through the BS forr years..these are your months to watch it all go in the opposite direction you have suffered for so long. Enjoy, document, start to look at new hairstyles that fit your hair type, just have fun with it. Its been way to long since you and your hair have had a good time

From someone who's also in the doldrums, 2 months, amen to that.

I really like Dr Cooley's work. You should be a very happy camper in a few months time.

Thank you for all the kind and encouraging words :) It means alot. Even though my hair is still not looking good without the concealers I am still excited every time I see a new little hair sprout out. The only thing that is worrying me is that every time I comb my hair at least 5 or more hairs are in the sink. I also began to experience some bad dandruff at about 2 1/2 months but it's almost gone after using a bottle of Tsal shampoo.

Why FUT over FUE? Money was pretty much the only reason. I also felt good about Dr.Cooleys reputation with the strip.

The scar in the back. I've asked three people to tell me what it looked like and all three said they couldn't find it. Here's a picture of the back I just took a few minutes ago. What is your honest opinion?

attachment.php?attachmentid=47059&stc=1&d=1374329606

20130720_100016.jpg.ac98f51cd672be88dc8e547ee4ccc4c2.jpg

20130716_223714.jpg.01c11fbfce4d28365823a28b30d5135e.jpg

20130716_223706.jpg.ffee0f0f9db71bcaa9729a2ca0c349aa.jpg

I feel you on the shed. I think its partially shockloss, partially normal hairloss, and partly just paranoid:) At least that's my view. Just remember its all uphill for a few years or more. Even in my case from medicated hairloss it is still better then 2007 just with the lowered hairline.

Your scar is looking great early in the recovery. You also look to have thick hair which will only go well with scar concealing and transplanted hair coverage. Enjoy this time. Its a good time to be a balding guy in your shoes. Best of luck. Your doing well

Thank you for all the kind and encouraging words :) It means alot. Even though my hair is still not looking good without the concealers I am still excited every time I see a new little hair sprout out. The only thing that is worrying me is that every time I comb my hair at least 5 or more hairs are in the sink. I also began to experience some bad dandruff at about 2 1/2 months but it's almost gone after using a bottle of Tsal shampoo.

Why FUT over FUE? Money was pretty much the only reason. I also felt good about Dr.Cooleys reputation with the strip.

The scar in the back. I've asked three people to tell me what it looked like and all three said they couldn't find it. Here's a picture of the back I just took a few minutes ago. What is your honest opinion?

attachment.php?attachmentid=47059&stc=1&d=1374329606

The scar is virtually not noticeable. I mean - I wouldn't normally see it - but when you point it out, I can make out a little "something" ....but just barely. How large was the strip that was removed? Can you feel the scar when you run your fingers over it?

Otherwise, looks very promising - I look forward to seeing your final hairline and scar results. What was the difference in price between the FUT and FUE procedure w/ Dr. Cooley?

To be honest nathaniel, I never even asked. I knew the price difference was significant so I just stuck with the fut procedure. I love the idea of fue though. It's pretty sweet and without a doubt the best option if you can afford it imo. I just wanted to get the most coverage I could get for my money as shaving my head is not an option to me.

I can't feel the scar in the back. There's one tiny spot at the very end of the scar behind my left ear where if I take my nail and rub it over I can feel it but it takes me awhile to find it but other than that, I can't feel it.

It's very encouraging to hear this from you guys :) I just pray the transplanted hairs turn out good too. I don't know the exact size of the strip that was removed but I found this picture of a close up before the sutures were removed.

attachment.php?attachmentid=47095&stc=1&d=1374430824

IMAG0523-1.jpg.f38f058113b962ee3e879233a3206ffd.jpg

Looks AMAZING!!

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

If that is a picture of his thumb, then it doesn't look too long... especially for 2500 grafts.

I am looking forward to seeing the results. You are very fortunate indeed to have such a good outcome on the scar.

:)

If that is a picture of his thumb, then it doesn't look too long... especially for 2500 grafts.

I am looking forward to seeing the results. You are very fortunate indeed to have such a good outcome on the scar.

:)

I am a Norwood 3V. I have an appointment with Dr Cooley in a week. I have heard good things about him on this forum. I am 32, if I get a hair transplant now.. in the front and the crown, in 2-3 years when the hair from the middle starts to fall , will I be in a bind to get another procedure ?

Hi Pcm-

Welcome to the forums. As a note, it is always a good idea to start your own thread when you have a question or want to post photos/results. That way you don't take over someone else's thread!

With that said, Dr. Cooley is a great hair restoration physician, and produces a lot of great results with satisfied patients. I don't think you'd go wrong with your decision to have your procedure done in his clinic. You can browse the forums and find several of his before and after results posted, with photos included.

As far as needing an additional procedure, it is really tough to say what your state of loss is without seeing photos (even though you indicate you are a NW III). Also, are you on any medications to prevent further loss (Minoxidil/Propecia) and if so, how long have you been on them? Have you noticed your hair loss stabilize, or do you continue to see loss currently??

Some patients get the results they're looking for in one procedure, and others need several to get to that final result. Either way, you have some options available, and as a NW III should have plenty of donor to get a satisfactory result.

Again, if you post your own thread again with this question, I'm sure a lot of others will chime in here and lend some suggestions/advice.

Again, welcome to the forums, and congratulations on your decision to do something about your hair loss!!

Best,

Mike

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

Pcm,

If you're only 32 with a NW3V...chances are...even with medical therapy, you will have another procedure in the future. Considering that hair loss is progressive and that medical therapy, although incredibly helpful, is not 100% effective, you'll probably have a touch up down the road.

It's important for patients to know that most of the time, unless you're 70 years old and happy with the results of one procedure and not losing much more hair...you have to prepare yourself for a journey...not a one time shot and everything is cured. Unfortunately, hair restoration is a process...not a magic pill and we're done.

Hope this helps!

First of all I would like to clarify I had no intention of 'usurping' this thread. With my limited intelligence and IQ I just could not figure out how to start a new thread :) . My apologies. Thank you agenteye and GreatPelo for responding to my query.. I greatly appreciate that. Let me take some pictures and post them and then a better analysis and discussion is possible. Thank you again. I have been following this forum for a few weeks now and the people here are amazing.

• 3 weeks later...

I think everything looks great Raymond. 4 months is so early on.....as HairKlepto mentioned, sometimes it takes that long to even start growing for some. Your hair looks awesome to me!! I can't wait to see what you think at 7 months, because that is when things got really great for me!! =)

Best,

Mike

I feel great so far I just hope to get more growth but not sure realistically how much more I can expect from here. My barber told me he thought I could get away with a #3 and the scar wouldn't show so im more than greatful for that.

That's a killer scar. Hoping the best for you. It shouldn't be long now. Don't pay too much attention to the shed. The caliber of what falls out is more important the the number in most cases. I mourn a little when I see a really fine hair fall, but I just tell the thick ones that I'll see them again in about 3 months.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.