Bought some Nioxin tonight

I had a transplant back on Aug 16th. Since then I have used Proscar 5mg cut into 1/4 tablets of which I take 1/4 every other day.

I also use Rogaine Foam 5% every morning and evening.

I wash and condition every day but thats it.

No. I went through a heavy shedding phase about 1 month after the transplant and maybe longer. Now I may have 1-2 broken hairs in my hand every day when I apply Rogaine Foam and sometimes none.

I thought I would just use Nioxin to promote a healthier scalp and stronger hairs.

I use Nioxin (System 2) about three times a week, the shampoo and conditioner. Days in between I use a more natural shampoo and conditioner since Nioxin can be too drying for my hair for everyday use. When I do use it, it makes my hair look a lot thicker so I love it. Plus the conditioner always makes my hair feel clean especially since I'm a daily hair concealer user. It doesn't do anything to regrow hair and I don't believe I had any shedding from it. I believe all its good for is to maintain the quality of your existing hair and improve the condition of your scalp so that your hair remains healthy and manageable. If you're destined to lose your hair, Nioxin will not prevent that. Hope this helps!

I've been involved in the industry for 14 years and I use Finasteride 5mg cut in 1/4s and Rogaine foam once at night. For shampoo I use Pantene volumizer which costs me $5 and lasts 3 months. Remember shampoo doesn't penetrate skin to help your fiolllicle so get a shampoo that goes good with your hair and scalp. No need to overspend on expensive hair treatments.

Hope this helps!!

Thanks for the replies. This helps. One more question....

What's the general consensus on how often to use Finasteride?

I cut a 5mg tablet into 1/4th's and take 1 every other day. I have done it this way for 7.5 months.

Should I be taking more often? I think I read where some people take it only every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.