Dr. True - 2k graft - 29yr old male

Looking good! With DermMatch in it's pretty much undetectable, and once you hit the 9-10 months marks you probably won't even need that anymore!

I'll throw up some new pics soon too, since I hit my 6-month mark on Sep 27th!

Honestly, my first HT didn't really "mature" unti the 8-month mark at minimum, so we've still both got some more growth/density to look forward to... :)

Holding tight for the both of us! It's definitely coming along and am gaining more confidence in my growth every few weeks.

7 months Post Op

After feeling rather pessimistic about things, I emailed Dr. True about things and sent him some pictures. I know waiting is the name of the game, but I was really starting to have some doubt about placement, amount and will it really fill in. The reason it worried me so much is because I have (realistic) high hopes for this procedure and its outcome.

Dr. True assured me there is nothing to worry about and things look to be right on track. Come the next stretch of a few months is where things should start to really pick up.

If I'm to go by a respected graph timeline of growth on the forum, at this point I'm about 70%. Obviously so many factors play in and you can't take this for granted but, if to play along, I hope this next 25% really shines!!!

Thoughts at this point? Where do I stand?

Donor Area/Scar

From a little to the left past the middle point of my donor area and all the way to where the scar ends on my right has filled back in nicely. You can barely notice any scar at all when running my hands through looking for it. Yes my hair is a little longer at this point but, it's looking good to me. Now going to the left, there are points where the donor area is still a bit thin, but I feel it is coming along and am still left with that one bald spot which I'm still praying fills back in. Dr. True reassured me that over the course this should slowly fill back in.

Recipient Area

Things are without a doubt coming along. I have to say I am pretty happy at this point, but some concerns can't seem to escape me. Do they ever?

The left side is definitely ahead of my right side in terms of growth. If I push my hair up when it's dry, you can still see it's rather thin and see through. However, I can wear my hair down with nothing in it and everything looks pretty good. However, if I move the hair a bit out of place and push it back in certain areas, you can see it reveal a lot of thinness. I would think this is telling me the amount hair is there that when pushed down they fall on top of each other creating thickness. However, it still needs its time to thicken up to not look so see through, thin and scarce when pushed up.

Another (if to say silly) reason I see things are shaping up and coming along is that each month I'm able to use less dermmatch to cover things up. The growth is doing its job and filling areas in, now we just need some thickness

:)

My fingers are crossed that I'm a "late bloomer" and that post op growth graph is completely inaccurate in terms of growth for me and I still have a lot more progress to be made and many more smiles to be had!

The pictures are a "tad" misleading and you can see the illusion is there. A picture from the side makes my hair look pretty darn good but, when I tilt my head over you can see it's rather thin and spotty still.

The pictures I attached are of my hair wet and then dry, no concealers we're used in these pictures.

What does everyone think?

IMAG1287.jpg.432f06a280e81dfc10b2e2712c99a329.jpg

IMAG1288.jpg.e96453f1f8aae6d2f9de0826b8a475d1.jpg

IMAG1290.jpg.1dc7702e62e69f0eefc54652f18c929f.jpg

IMAG1291.jpg.89ba105abf1c9ad7f7e528f944b8efce.jpg

IMAG1293.jpg.f9bfbd39221d4abd4c0fde68ca901683.jpg

IMAG1294.jpg.c80a191f13dc369dbe56a61ac238d33a.jpg

IMAG1295.jpg.0b6ea87b8d7601e2371c343880263795.jpg

IMAG1296.jpg.557e7fff479e56fb558aab05d588a329.jpg

IMAG1297.jpg.ac610c0bd596cf8aec5cc8a2d36c78b5.jpg

Another point to make mention of is in my donor area had some decent scar tissue built up from my prevous two transplants. It was a bit bumpy in some spots if you were to run your fingertips top to bottom over the scar. Dr. True, as planned, did a great job of removing most of it and its smooth to the touch now.

Fingers crossed for things to fill in at the middle portion about an inch give or take behind hairline that I outlined in red above. The hairline is filling in nicely and as I mentioned above at this point, it's coming in quicker on the left than the right.