My hair transplant in Turkey / Istanbul; 4170 grafts with Dr. Erkan Demirsoy

faho

Hi

I`m from Germany and got my hair transplant like 10 months ago.

I went to Turky, as I am originally turkish but living in Germany.

There are many Germans travelling to Turkey to get their hair done. So I started to research in the internet and the german hair transplant forum, and finally decided to go with Dr. Erkan Demirsoy who has his clinic in Istanbul, performing fue only I guess. I have seen that in this forum the turkish doctors get famous as well. Thats great:) They (not all, but some;)) really offer high quality to cheap prices, compared to Germany, Europa, America...

I got my surgery done last year in May. The organisation, hotel etc. was done by his agency, but the price was the same. My hair loss was quite severe. 43 years old and NW 6, I really didn`t expect a lot actually I just wanted some coverage that I can can style my hair again...

In the end I definitely got an unexpected nice result with 4170 grafts in total!!:D

About the procedure:

After a thorough consultation with Dr. Demirsoy, I had a very positive feeling. The doctor sounded credible, and I had no more doubts. Because of his positive experience regarding the extraction with the motorized punch, I decided for the micro motor. I had the choice - he has offered both techniques manual and motorized. He said if he couldn`t get nice results with the micro motor, he wouldn`t offer it. It depends of course on how well a person copes with the device. As I said, he had me convinced.

1st day was about 8 hours. 2206 grafts were transplanted. Dr. Demirsoy did the extraction and opened the channels, his two assistants implanted the grafts afterwards.

2nd day was about 8 hours as well. This time 1906 grafts were transplanted…

3rd and 4th day I went to the clinic to get my hair washed and Dr. Demirsoy took some more pictures.

I will upload some pics of my procedure. Prefer to show many pics instead of writing a lot J

Here we go...

before.jpg.f8dd2eb4d14fef81e4ee5c04e6090684.jpg

_ADE5849.jpg.63f9ca5a7fe2f74bef70e04203340fbe.jpg

_ADE5852.jpg.a0e0b6a027dc7877e5f8e7c9acb3659c.jpg

before3.jpg.88a1d14880f93efe82930fd942e34249.jpg

_ADE5848.jpg.e153bf988cea150d8c47ebf95fa3b066.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very interested in the result of this case as you are a Norwood 6 and there is a lot of skepticism as to FUE's effectiveness in treating a Norwood of that range. 4,170 FUE grafts is alot and I'm sure it will change your whole look for the better. Please keep us updated.

After 7 months...

I will upload more pics tomorrow. Attaching them takes quite long.

Holy smokes.... This frontal picture is very promising... Looking forward to seeing the mid-scalp and crown.. I might have to reevaluate my opinion of FUE not being able to give a convincing look on Norwood 5 and 6s....

Congratulations! This was quite an ambitious FUE case, but the 7 month results are impressive, and I look forward to future updates.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I have seen quite a few results from Dr. Demirsoy and they all seem to be very good, not enough results for me to recommend him to anyone however Turkey seems to be becoming a big player in the industry regarding FUE Docs:cool:

The result looks great but would like to see a top view!

Last time i seen this Docs was charging 1 Euro per graft!

Thank you, I appreciate your comments.

I am incredible happy with the result, too :D

The crown is not totally covered, but I already didn`t expect this.

The doc?s approach and my aim was to change the frontal view and to fill as much as possible from front to back avoiding a long scar...

Dr. Demirsoy treats many high NW cases, like 4-6.

More photos...

7months.jpg.5a3434e32571502903923b290f54eeb7.jpg

IMG_2891.jpg.3417b6a289a1c70b26bfcb1d846ebc5e.jpg

7months4.jpg.65083dd36b913cda3792029e841cafbe.jpg

7months5.jpg.e7c9aa2a3b06af8b09f855d671250307.jpg

CIMG2964.jpg.5bfdbe0d53326ab778ba10da2bef6596.jpg

Hi Faho,

Can you tell us more of your experience. Why did you choose Dr Demirsoy? I can't find too much information about him, besides the German forums. He uses the micromoter method and also the manual method correct? Did you get 1/2 and 1/2 done with him this way? Do you know any more clients of his?

Your mind is like a parachute, it won't work unless you open it.

Hi,

When I decided to get a hair transplant I directly chose Turkey to be the country to go because I speak turkish:), the prices are affordable and in Germany there are no good/experienced FUE clinics at all.

I checked some reviews in the german forum, saw some results in the internet and finally I contacted Dr. Demirsoy directly which gave me a confident feeling that he is the right surgeon for me.

Yeah, my intention was to get half of the grafts removed manually and the other half motorized but finally, after the consultation and after the doc showed me more results where the grafts were extracted with the motorized tool I decided to go with it:).

There are many patients now in the german forum went to Dr. Demirsoy.

Maybe you can check it...with google translator or similar.

Good luck.

Faho,

Congratulations on your procedure and results with Dr. Demisroy. I'm not too familiar with him however, one of his representatives did contact us sometime ago interested in being considered for recommendation by this community. However, after a few emails, we lost touch. I think after seeing your results I may reach out to him in order to learn more. After all, it would be great to have a couple real solid recommendations in Turkey :-).

Best wishes,

Bill

Bill, please do! We need more great FUE only surgeons as it is becoming much more viable due to daring surgeons like Hakan, Bisanga, Feriduni, De Reys, Lorenzo, Erdogan, Mwamba and Umar.

Thank you, I appreciate your comments.

I am incredible happy with the result, too :D

The crown is not totally covered, but I already didn`t expect this.

The doc?s approach and my aim was to change the frontal view and to fill as much as possible from front to back avoiding a long scar...

Dr. Demirsoy treats many high NW cases, like 4-6.

More photos...

Superb result.

At this rate the Belgian Doctors may need to think about lowering their prices!!

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Superb result.

At this rate the Belgian Doctors may need to think about lowering their prices!!

I do agree. As much as I love the Belgian surgeon's, Turkey is absolutely amazing for FUE in terms of results and prices. Both leave North America in the dust but Turkey has been a hidden gem that has just been discovered. I'm pushing for Erdogan's induction also.

Hmm, i contacted Dr Demisroy and also Dr Erdgoan, however both Doctors didn't think I was a suitable candidate for FUE. However after consulting Hasson and Wong, and also Dr Bhatti, they said I was a suitable candidate and gave me there recommendations........

Your mind is like a parachute, it won't work unless you open it.

Indeed, Turkey is a hot spot for affordable hair transplants, however not all of them provide quality work. Mostly nurses or technicians do the work. Therefore incredible low prices can be offered I guess.

@GaelicDawan

Good luck for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have any photos with the angle top down looking from the front?

He is not a NW6, he was originally a NW3V where the top has thinned out, so closer to a NW4-5 right now. The balding area was pretty limited, the sides were high, and the doctor placed a conservative hairline.

Overall, well done, but this is not a hallmark case of using FUE on NW6's as some have suggested.

Do you have any photos with the angle top down looking from the front?

He is not a NW6, he was originally a NW3V where the top has thinned out, so closer to a NW4-5 right now. The balding area was pretty limited, the sides were high, and the doctor placed a conservative hairline.

Overall, well done, but this is not a hallmark case of using FUE on NW6's as some have suggested.

Originally a nw3v? The hair in the mid scalp was all miniturized.his crown loss was quite severe. If Jotronic was a nw6 i think this patient was borderline nw6 or at least nw5 which is a testement to fue and what can be done with so few grafts.

If anyone said fue could be used to treat nw5's even 2 years back they woukd have been thrown in the nut house.

Edited by Mickey85

Look more carefully, his sides are very high, the parietal humps have not descended, his crown has not expanded much. Finally, his head is small, which is often forgotten.

Hardly a NW6. I know you want to show us how FUE can be done on NW6 patients, but this is not it.