RAPHAEL84 6 Month Update Dr Rahal - No More Hats

Hey guys,

6 months at last. YES!!! Well actually I am a week shy, but have a pretty busy schedule over the next few weeks so have jumped at the opportunity to post today.

What can I say, I am absolutely THRILLED!!! Its insane. The difference from month 5 has been exciting. At 5 months I was still sporting a cap, but now I am thankfully over that stage. After wearing a cap solidly for the past 7 months, its feels incredible to not feel the need to wear one every time I leave the house.

Things still seem to be improving on a weekly basis which feels great, and its finally fun to wake up in the morning and see the reflection of your hair in the mirror. It brings a smile to my face. Its crazy how quickly the hair can be "trained", as I have just tended to push the hair at the hairline up at an angle when out of the shower, and already after just a few weeks, it kind of styles itself which is fun. The hairs in the hairline are pretty coarse and individually unmanageable (if that makes sense and is not too much of a contradiction to the self training sentence). When under harsh lighting, I get the feeling that some areas lack a little density and things will look much better still with some further thickening, which I'm hopeful there will be plenty of over the next 6 months.

Just today, I shaved the back and sides down to a 4 grade, which does not completely hide the scar at this stage. There is a hint of that "smiley face", but bizarrely enough, it follows the length of the scar, but a few milometers below. Can only presume that the scar is affecting the way that the hair is falling/growing slightly still, and so intend to keep it a little longer from now on, as when slightly longer, this is not visible.

Haven't ventured to a stylist yet, not sure why. I think having not been to one for years, I kind of feel more in control and more comfortable attempting to shave it myself, which is fine until I completely **** it up and I think that will be the motivation to get a professional cut. I think I would just rather wait a little longer, for the scar to "fade/settle" that little bit more.

I'm totally thrilled with the results thus far. It has been a huge success and I undoubtedly feel so much more comfortable in myself and around others.

I think that the photographs speak far better than my own words, so I shall leave it there. Any questions/comments are greatly welcomed, and I cant wait for things to improve further over the coming months! Thank you so much HTN and all involved!!! :-)

The first photo shows the situation pre HT on the day of procedure. The second shows me at 2 months, ouch! The next couple of photos are lightly towel dried. Thanks!

1.jpg.b589369cb03e8c5cc051b3d76a045794.jpg

DSCN1329.jpg.c06a100b17e4fcee97249e3a1dac00b7.jpg

DSCN1806a.jpg.bdd7a620c13763064425c3a9501a1d85.jpg

DSCN1808a.jpg.f31f1bd0ffc07296d027f19a2eb2cfb7.jpg

RSCN1832.jpg.78bc0ecfa052934f4d1d95ae4fa7dbe1.jpg

DSCN1801a.jpg.051d3c227faeabac87313cf3fef7dfb7.jpg

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Very impressive and more to come Raphael.

You have had a massive transformation already.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Wow, looking brilliant and so early as well! Happy for you mate!

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

Congrats Raphael! Looks great for 6 months, no wonder youre over moon and as others have said more to come. :) So glad to see this update as I count down a matter of weeks until I fly to Ottawa myself.

Whats the reaction been amongst friends and family? Have you told many people?

Really happy for you,

"and its finally fun to wake up in the morning and see the reflection of your hair in the mirror. It brings a smile to my face".

That statement shows how life changing a hair transplant can be, simply by waking up in the morning happy with a smile on your face:)

Nice result and more to come.

Congrats.

Thanks for all of the great comments guys. It means a lot! I am officially 6 months today. Really hoping that things continue to thicken over the coming months. Everything is so much easier and less stressful when compared to pre HT, travel, sports, family events. A few people have commented how my hair looks better now that it is longer, when in fact it was much longer before. Not one person has yet questioned the new found hair growth, so unless they are keeping it to themselves, nobody has any suspicions. There are a few people whom I imagine will question things. A few people whose eyes often seemed to focus on my hair pre HT. So it will be interesting to see if they suspect anything. :-)

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Awesome that you can ditch the cap, I'm really impressed with your results, now you can have 2 smiley's, 1 at the back and an even bigger smiley at the front.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks SO TERRIFIC Raphael!! You look like a new man! You definitely deserve it, so congrats to you!!

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

Thanks again for the comments guys! I have recently cut my hair down at the back and sides to a grade 4, and the scar is still visible. Well not so much the scar itself, but the affect that the scar is having on my hair. No problems, just need to give it some time to grow a little longer, and keep it longer for a while. Just out of interest, what are your experiences regarding scars/hair length/timeline. My hair, especially when cut shorter, is on the thinner side of average I would say. Would be great to hear any feedback! Thanks again!

• 1 month later...