3310 grafts by Dr Radha on 25th march,2013

crux

Hi All,

I have had HT with Dr. Radha on 25th march,2013. It was a quite bold decision for me to go for HT as it'll affect my originality. Since, It was depressing to have such hair loss at the age of 25 only, I decided to go for it.

This forum helped me a lot to choose Dr. Radha as my doctor and I have a belief that I have made right choice.

Dr. told me that a total of 3310 grafts were implanted and I don't remember the exact number of grafts with 1,2 and 3 hairs. Below are the rough details of the same:

1 hair - around 1450

2 hair - remaining

3 hair - 47

Many grafts were having only single hair also grafts were 3 hairs were 47 only:(

Doctor told me that my hairs were thick but less dense and she were expecting more grafts.

She was expecting 3600-3800 grafts out of 800 would have been planted at crown and rest of them to the front but since I got less grafts than expectd she planted all the grafts to the front and it was a mutual decision to give more density to front.

While cutting the strip, doctor told that my donor site were having hairs in criss-cross fashion and that is why it took more time to cut the strip and applying the sutures.

Below is my hair restoration site:

Hair Restoration Journal for crux - One week after HT

I have asked Dr Radha to provide my post op pics and she has confirmed that she'll mail them. In the meantime I have taken some post op pics and I would request experts to go through my post op pictures and comment on the quality of HT done by Dr. Radha.

I'll update my progress regularly through this thread.

Right now I am a bit worried whether I will get expected results or not but I hope all things will go in right way only.

One more thing that concerns me is the bulby appearance of the implanted grafts at the base. Is it something I should worry about or is it normal?

Any advice or comments are appreciated.

Thanks

Anyone Please guide about bulgy appearance of the grafts at the base. This does not seem to be common, as far as I can remember in the post op pics of other patients. I am really getting worried about it.

Thanks KO for the reply.

Ya coagulated blood can be the reason as Dr. Radha mentioned that I bleeded more than normal while procedure.

Sure, I'll be posting regularly progress of my HT.

Thanks Wade. Surely ll keep everyone updated.

Also, I am seeing that many hairs have fallen from the newly planted grafts after one week only. Is this normal to fall new hairs this early? I guess this should happen after two weeks or more.

DSC01945.jpg.87ec18f0070f45db8de3fa54a9f1c903.jpg

DSC01946.jpg.f2b923de0be39a0f23827f48e5db57d1.jpg

Today I got photos and exact number of grafts implanted from Dr. Radha. Below are the details:

1 hair grafts - 1328

2 hair grafts - 1945

3 hair grafts - 47

Total number of grafts - 3320

Total number of hairs - 5359

IMG_6850.jpg.501fcc6412d5bec53a1eb0f785fa0124.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Its been 1.5 months after my HT. Most of the transplanted hairs have fallen. Today I clicked pics of the scar at donor area to see how it is healing. I can see that it is still red and it seems that I may have a larger scar than a normal size.:mad:

Kindly share your views on size of scar and its healing till now. I hope it'll reduce with time.

5b32d87aec641_2013-05-1119_05_53.jpg.9dc4a8bada488d532d216b53944370d8.jpg

5b32d87b203b2_2013-05-1119_05_29.jpg.939ab2a4d0c1ad8a7bc79177a0c591e5.jpg

5b32d87b32bf2_2013-05-1119_04_48.jpg.87dee4fcedba1b119d2eb6c1f2a0a5b2.jpg

5b32d87b46159_2013-05-1119_03_57.jpg.1de4d3ed52c35a4cc0d2f78429f5c64e.jpg

5b32d87b71064_2013-05-1119_03_38.jpg.d7ce66898a1c4b8bff64fb9375e54d54.jpg

5b32d87b80645_2013-05-1119_03_17.jpg.22f279c3110229ecc734dbd9dff4feda.jpg

5b32d87b92840_2013-05-1119_02_52.jpg.e876673a384ffd4bc8afc5cadab2fca7.jpg

Hi All,

Its been 1.5 months after my HT. Most of the transplanted hairs have fallen. Today I clicked pics of the scar at donor area to see how it is healing. I can see that it is still red and it seems that I may have a larger scar than a normal size.:mad:

Kindly share your views on size of scar and its healing till now. I hope it'll reduce with time.

I have not got a strip FUT done yet, so don't take my judgement on face value but from what I have observed yes, your scar looks preety long than usual. Maybe the number of grafts that you have had, could be the reason.

Well

to summarize quickly :

Scar has a normal size. (not too large or too long...)

Redness is normal. It will disappear month after month. Redness will last approximately 6 months. On the transplanted area, it will fade faster but do not hope that it will take less than 3 months.

Hairs will grow on your scar... and it will hide it.... but not now !!!

DO NOT WORRY ! you look great and everything is perfectly NORMAL.

I'm seven months post op. (with dr radha). And i went through all your feelings. I was like you. Now i'm fine because i know the things you describe are just normal.

Good luck

Wainting is the hardest part !

Congratulations on the HT. even I'm planning to undergo HT from Dr. Radha. She is doing an excellent job. :)

Thanks mate. All the best for your surgery..:)

Well

to summarize quickly :

Scar has a normal size. (not too large or too long...)

Redness is normal. It will disappear month after month. Redness will last approximately 6 months. On the transplanted area, it will fade faster but do not hope that it will take less than 3 months.

Hairs will grow on your scar... and it will hide it.... but not now !!!

DO NOT WORRY ! you look great and everything is perfectly NORMAL.

I'm seven months post op. (with dr radha). And i went through all your feelings. I was like you. Now i'm fine because i know the things you describe are just normal.

Good luck

Wainting is the hardest part !

Thanks mate. Your words really provide some relief. Ya, waiting is indeed the hardest part. Lets hope all the things will go smooth.:)

• 3 months later...

Hi All,

It has been 5 months since my HT with Dr. Radha. Hairs are growing well though they are not that much dense. However, I am very happy with my HT results as it has brought significant changes in my looks and I do not look bald anymore..:D. I have uploaded my recent pics to my Journal:

Hair Restoration Journal for crux - Five months post op pics

From the top view pic it seems that hair density is very less as the pic is taken directly under tube light but in actual they do not seem to be that much scarce.

Kindly go through my pics and provide your valuable comments of the progress till now.

Many new hairs are still growing and I hope overall result would be good.

I am not on any medication but I am thinking of starting them for my existing thinning hairs. Please share your views on starting medication.

Seeing my results, I am also thinking of second HT procedure after 5-6 months for crown portion.

Kindly advise how much gap should be there between two HT procedures.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...