Rebuild temples and hairline

Dear all!

I am new to this forum, but have been a member on other forums for years. I am sorry I have not been a part of this big community before.

My history;

- 900 strip in 2003. Awful result. Pitting, bad angle, low yield, bad scar.

- 700 fue, 100 bh i scar in 2005.

My goal;

- fix temples, as they are very important part of framing face, and need to be balanced according to hairline.

- fill up bald areas behind the transplanted hairline.

- fix strip scar

Some wishes;

- best value for money.

- maybe use body or beard hair in scar

- about 1500 grafts behind hairline would maybe be enough. I do not need dence packing, only no bald areas.

- maybe use fine bh for temples?

- possible not to shave recipient area?

Thank you for any advice/tips!

You've provided a bit of info, but we definitely need some good photos to make any kind of assessment at all. Are you a Norwood 2 now? Or a 3 or a 4? Where are these "bald spots,", and where is the scar located at on your scalp?

Can you snap a couple of photos with decent detail and lighting (you can blur out or crop out your face if you want, of course) and post them here?

I tend to upload mine to Photobucket and then link them, because that way I can show much larger, more detailed pics (uploading them to these forums as attachments shrinks and blurs the pictures).

Give us some more technical and visual information to work with, and we'll definitely strive to give you the best advice possible! There are a LOT of top docs here, like the one that posted just above me.

OtherSyde:Thanks for tips. I will upload photos later.

Dr Glenn:

I had a really bad experience with New Hair Clinic in Sweden. Got permanent nerve damage from the strip, and troublesome scar. I do not want to go through that again.

The scar is better today, as I have poked it several times with a needle throughout the years..

Dear all!

Here is a link to pictures of:

- top of head

- sides

- hairline

- crown

- white dots

- images with drawn hairline

https://picasaweb.google.com/110660488610289842374/April2013?authkey=Gv1sRgCODx7pySvZ_buQE

My history involves a strip of 900 grafts in 2003 by New Hair Clinic in Sweden. Terrible result, bad angle and pitting. I went to Dr A in India 2005 for repair, and got 700 fue, and 100 bh i scar. The result was better, since I got no pitting. However, the angels were not so good, almost straight up as previous surgery done by NHC. I also got large white dots in donor. I use tweezers to feather hairline. I pull out about 50-70 hairs every month to make it look better.

So I now want to do REAL research, and not end up as disappointed as the two previous surgeries.

Thanks for all feedback/comments!

Edited by hotshot

Hmmm... Your scars don't look too bad at all! And your thinning pattern looks almost just like mine in the hairline and frontal third of your scalp; look through my blog (linked in my sig below); with a good, solid HT of about 1,600 to 2,000 grafts by a skilled doctor, you'll be set!

And as a plus, you already have your hairline beefed up; I just went through my second procedure for exactly that reason only a week or so ago as of this writing, but you've already got that area nailed down.

My advice to you? Pick one of the top docs on these forums and basically replicate my first HT. Dr. Gabel did mine, although you may pick a different doc based on your location, but heed this advice - It is SO worth the cost of a plane ticket and three nights in a hotel to go to one of the truly great Coalition docs. When it comes to your body/face/hair, you of all people know that you don't want to end up re-doing procedures. If you have to travel a bit, then for the love of God, DO IT. It will be worth it and you will be happy.

Edited by OtherSyde

OtherSyde:

Yes, I see our patterns are similar. I also see I have drawn a similar temple-design as you had for your procedure. You look very good today!

Bobman:

Thanks for the kind words. Your result is just amazing!