Dr Maras-HDC Hair Transplant Clinic-2590 FUE GRAFTS(SCALP+CHEST+BEARD)

Hello Everybody,

The following case was performed almost 12 months ago by Dr Maras and was supported by HDC hair restoration clinic medical team.

The following case it is a repair surgery were the patient had already undergone 2 STRIP surgeries without achieving his goals. On top of that he is left with 2 bad Strip scars that limit his donor capabilities.

The objective was to harvest as many grafts as possible from the scalp without damaging the donor further and then maximize the number with some chest and beard hair follicles. The goal was to strengthen the frontal third and crown.

Finally 2590 grafts were extracted as follows:

1st Day 800 scalp grafts

2nd Day 1390 scalp grafts

3rd Day 350 chest hair and 50 beard hair

As a test growth 50 scalp FUE were placed on one scar and 50 chest hair on the other. In the meantime the patient proceeded with SMP to disguise the remaining donor scars

The progress photos are on the 7th month mark.

Regards

Alex

BEFORE

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

7.jpg

8badscars.jpg

9badscars2.jpg

10badscars3.jpg

11badscars4.jpg

IMMEDIATELY AFTER DAY ONE 800 SCALP GRAFTS

121stday800FUE.jpg

131stday.jpg

14.jpg

IMMEDIATELY AFTER DAY 2 1390 SCALP GRAFTS

162ndday.jpg

171384FUE2NDDAY.jpg

19.jpg

IMMEDIATELY AFTER 50 SCALP GRAFTS ON ONE SCAR

20GRAFTSONSCAR50.jpg

IMMEDIATELY AFTER 50 CHEST HAIR GRAFTS ON SECOND SCAR

21BODYHAIR50GRAFTS.jpg

IMMEDIATELY AFTER 300 BODY HAIR ON CROWN

23.jpg

DURING BODY HAIR EXTRACTION

26.jpg

IMMEDIATELY AFTER FINAL DAY

31IMMEDIATELYAFTER.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

7 MONTH SCAR TEST GROWTH PROGRESS

53.jpg

7 MONTH PROGRESS

43.jpg

44.jpg

46.jpg

48.jpg

54.jpg

56.jpg

58.jpg

60.jpg

61.jpg

63.jpg

66.jpg

67.jpg

Alex Demetriades

International Patient Coordinator

HDC Hair Transplant Clinic

---------------------------------------------------

Dr. Maras is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Alex,

I agree that the result looks terrific. But in the before picture, the patient's hair looks incredibly thin all over the scalp, including in the mid scalp and occipital areas that weren't touched by surgery. In the after pictures, even the mid scalp and occipital areas look pretty full. Perhaps this is due to the lighting difference and the fact that the before pictures shows the hair uncombed? Is the patient also on Propecia and/or Rogaine which may have also aided in the appearance of thickness to non-transplanted areas?

Thanks for posting.

Bill

It is mentioned that the patient had SMP done to the scar. Perhaps the remainder of the scalp was addressed as well?

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Alex,

Nicely done. Thank you for sharing.

Also, quick question: what size punch did you use to extract the beard grafts?

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Alex,

I agree that the result looks terrific. But in the before picture, the patient's hair looks incredibly thin all over the scalp, including in the mid scalp and occipital areas that weren't touched by surgery. In the after pictures, even the mid scalp and occipital areas look pretty full. Perhaps this is due to the lighting difference and the fact that the before pictures shows the hair uncombed? Is the patient also on Propecia and/or Rogaine which may have also aided in the appearance of thickness to non-transplanted areas?

Thanks for posting.

Bill

Dear Bill,

I can confirm that the patient was on finasteride for the first six months but then he stopped as he did not want to take them anymore. I am posting below one more comparison photo to show more clearly the patients result from the top.

Regards

Alex

RoyPair1_zpsb4e161a1.jpg

Alex Demetriades

It is mentioned that the patient had SMP done to the scar. Perhaps the remainder of the scalp was addressed as well?

Dear Hairthere,

The patient had SMP on the front and top of his scalp prior to visiting HDC hair transplant clinic. If you take a close look on the photo below you can see the bluish color on the scalp between his existing hairs. He only repeated SMP onto the scar after the procedure.

One of the initial patient’s goals was in fact to cover that SMP look at the front with the hair transplant.

Regards

Alex

4.jpg

Alex Demetriades

Alex,

Nicely done. Thank you for sharing.

Also, quick question: what size punch did you use to extract the beard grafts?

The punch size used for the beard extraction was 0.7mm

Alex Demetriades

So the after photo is showing the result plus Propecia. You stated that he ceased using Propecia six months after the procedure. The time stamp on the photos show a six month difference. What does the patient's hair look like combed before the procedure? Thank you for sharing.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I dont want to talk out of turn here or offend the clinic in anyway, as they post some good results but i have to say, just my opinion, is that sometimes the photos that the clinic put here and on other forums, dont quite sit right with me. To me, in my unqualified opinion the only diffrence looks to me is that the guy has his hair brushed forward, but i could be wrong.

It appears that we get a more accurate depiction of the before-after for this patient with the two pics in Post #8. Whether intentional or inadvertent, the "after" photos posted in Post #1 appear to significantly exaggerate the cosmetic transformation actually achieved. Maybe some other forums aren't as exacting, but members and moderators here are rather well schooled at spotting results that appear better in photographs (owing to lighting, flash, and angles) than they realistically could be given the patient's pre-ht situation and the work performed.

while the use of Toppik or other enhancing topicals are strictly forbidden in recommended clinics or clinics under consideration to be recommended, you would be kidding yourself to think that even the most renowned clincs do not use photo trickery. in that the select the angles that make the hair appear denser, or the lighting(not flash) compliments the hair rather than detracts from the result or they comb the hair down or to the side to hide a weak area etc.

So the after photo is showing the result plus Propecia. You stated that he ceased using Propecia six months after the procedure. The time stamp on the photos show a six month difference. What does the patient's hair look like combed before the procedure? Thank you for sharing.

Hi Jotronic,

Apologies for delaying my reply for two days but Monday was a public holiday in Cyprus and I was on annual leave yesterday. As I has spoken to the patient today he told me that he had his hair combed brushed forward prior to his hair transplant as the before photos at the first page of this post.

As far as propecia is concerned we have already stated that after Bill’s comment that the patient was using it for the first six months. It is a possibility that propecia had helped to the final result however as you may well know there is a possibility that it did not.

The patient is returning in a few months for another procedure so I will be able to update everybody with his result photos and without the use of propecia.

Regards

Alex

Alex Demetriades

I dont want to talk out of turn here or offend the clinic in anyway, as they post some good results but i have to say, just my opinion, is that sometimes the photos that the clinic put here and on other forums, dont quite sit right with me. To me, in my unqualified opinion the only diffrence looks to me is that the guy has his hair brushed forward, but i could be wrong.

Hi Yiddo,

The patient had his hair combed forward before and after his hair transplant. I must point out that the patient is very happy with his result and opinions can vary from person to person.

I also want to point out that the patient had 2 strip surgeries at the past with scar tissue left at the recipient area which makes the growth rate not as successful as at virgin scalps therefore this result should be looked at as a repair surgery and be judged with that angle.

Regards

Alex

Alex Demetriades

while the use of Toppik or other enhancing topicals are strictly forbidden in recommended clinics or clinics under consideration to be recommended, you would be kidding yourself to think that even the most renowned clincs do not use photo trickery. in that the select the angles that make the hair appear denser, or the lighting(not flash) compliments the hair rather than detracts from the result or they comb the hair down or to the side to hide a weak area etc.

Hi Mickey85,

You are absolutely correct about your comment but I want to make it clear that we have never presented here or elsewhere a patient result with any kind of concealers.

I also want to stress out that we always present and support our presentation of results with post op photos immediately after placing so that everybody can see the quality of the work. By this way the result can be assessed better as you know exactly where and with what amount of density the grafts were placed.

Regards

Alex

Alex Demetriades

Alex, I was in no way implying that HDC use cosmetic concealers in any of their after photos. I just wanted to make it clear to people that everyone is concerned about whether topicals are used in any clinic's photos but they ignore the fact that the most favorable shots are chosen whilst the unflattering ones are discarded. I spoke to someone who had a failed result and at his one year follow up the photographer was very specific in his requests of the patient to angle his head this way, or away from the light etc and the hair was combed in a way the hid the glaring imperfections. This was from one of the world renowned clinics as well. I just wanted people to be aware of such factors when looking at any clinic's work.

Hi All,

We have prepared a you tube video presenting this result with more photos than the ones included in my post. You can see it on this link

Regards

Alex

Alex Demetriades