How May Hair Grafts do you think I may need?

I agree with Jotronic. It would be helpful to see what you're game plan is. However, you seem to have a nice donor area. You could probably harvest 2500-3000 grafts. You could start in the frontal area and go as far back as possible....either front/mid areas for more density and then another surgery for crown OR do all grafts front/back and then come back for another surgery for more density in all areas. Most patients prefer the first option.

Good luck!

Welcome Samsri,

Obviously you have a lot of area to cover, so you and the surgeon you choose will have to make wise choices about how best to use your donor hair. We all have a limited number of donor hairs so we must use them wisely because they have to last a lifetime. Or at least until they can produce donor hair in test-tubes sometime in the future.

Personally I think guys say 40 and up should not try to chase full heads of youthful hair or a low hairline, and use the transplants to give an appropriate look for someone our age.

Of course it depends on your goals and budget but I would say if you want a "home run" look at the end you are probably going to need 2-3 surgeries and maybe about 8000-9000 grafts by the end of your journey.

I tended to want what I call the "Sting/Kevin Costner look"...which basically at my age means "dont waste a lot of donor hair trying to have a low youthful hairline, use donor hair to thicken front/mid scalp and crown". Usually there is simply not enough donor hair for everything, so we must prioritize.

I think a high forehead with a thick middle and a non-balding crown gives a fairly cool look that does not scream "that guy's bald". The key with this look is to not have a bald crown. It's a bit of different approach than the typical "frame the face" approach which tends to ignore the crown. I prefer a higher hairline and try to cover the crown better.

sting.jpg

Sting

Rudolf_Schenker_ueber_die_offene_Zukunft_Artikel.jpg

Rudolf Schenker of rock band Scorpions

kevin_costner_2011.jpg

Kevin Costner

VH1_Rock_Honors_Show_x4qv_q_ID5_UUl.jpg

Phil Collen of rock band Def Leppard

Edited by Shampoo

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016