Taking bath in hot water after HT surgery

Raaj,

After day 10, all the grafts are anchored, and your activity isn't likely to affect the final yield. At this point in time, you can likely return to your normal showering routine. Granted, I wouldn't take showers hot enough to burn your scalp (would could, in theory, affect the grafts), but taking showers are your normal "hot" temperature should be fine. However, I would call your clinic and "double check," because you want to ensure you're following their specific post-operative instructions as closely as possible.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

HurshaRaaj,

You really should call us or email us to discuss this. Email info@hassonandwong.com if you can't call. Blake is right that you shouldn't use water that is hot enough to burn your scalp but of course, why would you do this to begin with, right?:) Normal washing as before surgery is fine by now.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians