3700 FUT with Dr Rani Radha, RESULTS thus far.

JacobG

Hi all!

I've been meaning to set up a timeline of my progress for several months and have finally decided to do it.

I've read so many interesting things on this forum, lots of great experiences and information sharing but also some quite alarming sentiments. I would like to stress (as does everyone) that sometimes psychiatric help would be better than medical help! I was reading recently the sentiments of a young guy who was so bitter and angry at the world for his hair loss and it was it was heartbreaking reading that any human could have such a value system. Anyway, that aside - I must say that my decision to see Dr Radha was the single best decision of my life. I've been lurking in the shadows watching patient results and I see very few patient results like hers, she is more than a HT surgeon, she's an artist and a genius. Having the opportunity to speak with her and get to know her a little was among the best experiences of my life. She's a passionate person and I've since learned of a lot of charity work/surgery she does for burn victims and the military.

So, back on track - I watched from afar and admired her results and decided to take 7 weeks off work and fly to India via Bangkok. This was a great chance to catch up with extended family in Bkk before surgery. As it turned out, the day I booked for several months prior didn't align with my flight alterations and by chance the day of the surgery was my birthday (the universe had spoken). The consult was great, she was very thorough and asked what I wanted. I cannot stress the depth in which she described the result and maintained the critical 'expectation vs result' discussion well.

I decided to go with a fairly high hairline style to give a more natural look (given I'm 33). I'd love the Latino hairline look but I don't think I'd pull it off (pun not intended).

Surgery was the next day - all in all took about 8 hours, her team were beautiful and friendly and very compliant to Dr Radha's requests. Her surgery is an indescribably efficient and functional place, her methods were calculated and perfect, everything was transparent and she ensured I knew exactly what was happening, even showing my hair follicles being cut from the grafted portions.

She shaved the area at the top of my head and decided to put implants on the wee bit in the middle where the remaining hair was as of course - this was on the way out. There was little to no pain and I rested up in a beautiful hotel in Vishakaphatnam with wonderful staff. My body reacted a little hilariously to the surgery and my face puffed up a fair bit - it was more comical than it was concerning.

I'll show photos of my progress - I've no interest in hiding my face or disguising myself and I feel it gives a better idea of the effect the surgery has to be able to put the hairline/grafts into context.

I'm absolutely stoked with the result and want to fly back to India to kiss Dr Radha though I don't think she'd appreciate that.

Any questions - feel free to message me,

Jacob.

Photos, dates and relevance, left to right :

1) Pre-surgery

2) Post Surgery (3/10)

3) 1 week post surgery.

4) 4 weeks from the top (31/10)

5) 31/10

6) 15/12

7) 24/12

8) 20/01

9) 04/02

10) 24/02

11) 11/03

12) 23/03

13) 23/03

IMG_6161.JPG.343fbe99236294175cc8c5142549888c.JPG

5b32d77d3108a_Photoon4-10-12at8.14AM3.jpg.b29cb7e2b3ba0c104b0e9a2f694ae037.jpg

5b32d77d464fe_4-upon16-10-12at8.50PM6.jpg.1017bef1cda3a5bbb1a51742fc68f935.jpg

5b32d77d5b525_Photoon31-10-12at9.24PM7.jpg.37d9cd6e820fd3f018afb1a3d2206f56.jpg

5b32d77dd359a_Photoon31-10-12at9.26PM3.jpg.b17d8d787e007c944cfb95d04bbee307.jpg

5b32d77e0adba_Photoon15-12-12at4.34PM4(original).jpg.00b9e72fed385224cfa994e38b4b7e2d.jpg

5b32d77e1e04b_Photoon24-12-12at8.20PM6.jpg.cfcb4d33ac8c1f40260783f2045385ad.jpg

5b32d77e3c868_Photoon20-01-13at1_17PM.jpg.d7acc6595eed2971d208b458b9c32879.jpg

IMG_6369.JPG.c66ca1f93c8bdd5d6a9fecefda93e176.JPG

jj.jpg.f00403381da73443e6d60d17fc572f42.jpg

IMG_7270_UL.jpg.c2e62feed66920fe69f4ca2bf45842da.jpg

5b32d77f06db6_ScreenShot2013-03-23at3_24_36PM.jpg.0f55838ec85a29e7ac42410baafd2984.jpg

5b32d77f1771f_ScreenShot2013-03-23at3_24_44PM.jpg.093c7719e248f8423877911f49d5b391.jpg

Hi Yogeshg -

Thanks for the message - I had about 5100 - 5400 individuals.. That's the best I can recall (must have been the Valium) not sure what percentage of those were more than singles though (I was told but forgot to take the paperwork with me).

I'm very happy so far, I know there's probably much more to go though, even if nothing further happened from here, I'd be absolutely pleased. The scar (it was FUT) is razor thin and it's impossible to see unless you search for it from 1cm away and using a comb.

Have you thought about how much, FUT/FUE and with whom if you'll go ahead?

J

It'd be a great decision. She's very fussy and everything must be perfect.

I did have some shock loss early on but it was fairly minimal. Shedding : most of the transplants shed before the new growth phase, though about 20% kept on growing straight away from the transplant.

Re the clinic : It was very clean and perfect, the meal provided and the service and hygiene was brilliant. India of course is a little confronting when you're used to bland/sterile Australia but everything about her procedure area, location and surgery was brilliant, I believe that it is from these high standards that so many grafts have grown perfectly and early. I was crossing paths with people flying to see her from Europe because of her reputation.

As you may be able to tell : I can't stress enough how impressed I am, I'm happy to give any details re transport/visas/details for the trip should you be interested.

J

Thanks for the comments - I'll take some close-up pics of the hairline shortly.

I've not many pics from prior (but as you could see I was basically completely bald on top, I was sporting a pretty high grade comb-forward.. I see so many results from this great doctor so I'm not surprised that after just 5 months it's so successful already. I look forward to even more!

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the comments - I'll take some close-up pics of the hairline shortly.

I've not many pics from prior (but as you could see I was basically completely bald on top, I was sporting a pretty high grade comb-forward.. I see so many results from this great doctor so I'm not surprised that after just 5 months it's so successful already. I look forward to even more!

I sent you a personal message two days ago. Please do let me know if you have not received it. Thanks in advance!

Jacob,

Congratulations on selecting an outstanding surgeon to perform your hair transplant. Your results look great so far. If you have any recent photos showing the top of your scalp that would be helpful too.

I look forward to seeing your final results in the coming months :-).

Best wishes,

Bill

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi Jacob,

I am planning to get HT done with Dr. Radha.

Before reading about your experiences, I was skeptical about her, but now I gained confidence that i might have found the right doctor for HT.

I want some information from you regarding HT.

How did you get in touch with Dr. Radha from your country.

I mean did you send the pics of your baldness.

You said that you had 5100 - 5400 grafts planted, do you remember how much did it cost.

Is the cost per graft or per sitting. Did the whole procedure got done in 1 single sitting?.

I am from the same city as of Dr. Radha, but currently I am staying in USA. Planning to travel to India to get HT done.

Regards

Sai

Hi Jacob,

I am planning to get hair transplantation done with Dr. Radha.

I want some suggestions and inputs regarding this.

You being out of India, how did you get in touch with Dr. Radha.

I mean did you send her your pics so that she can evaluate your condition.

Did you have a consultation with her before going to India?.

I am actually form the same place as of Dr. Radha. So I asked my Dad to meet her in person. Would that be of any help?

You mentioned you had 5100 - 5400 grafts planted. do you remember how much did it cost. Was the cost calculated based on grafts or per sitting.

Did the whole procedure get completed in one day or had it completed in multiple sittings.

Regards Sai